Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Nokia 5140i

• 12-11-2008 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Did something fierce stupid at the weekend - threw a pair of jeans into the wash but forgot to take my phone out of the pocket.:mad::( Copped on too late and of course the signs are pretty ominous for the phone. I took it apart and put it in the hotpress for a few days to dry it out. Do you think is there any hope of saving the phone? I know its a fairly old model and i get plenty of stick for it but i really like it and would much rather keep it than get a new one.

Failing that, anyone have any suggestions for a new phone that i could buy. What i'm looking for:
    • Durable
    • Camera
    • Torch
    • Music/Radio
    • Not flip or slidey phone
    • Nokia
    Any suggestions will be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

the same again....the 5140i is still an excellent phone...that torch is a god sent...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

the same again....the 5140i is still an excellent phone...that torch is a god sent...

I didn't think it was possible to buy them any more? Do you know where i could get one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Did something fierce stupid at the weekend - threw a pair of jeans into the wash but forgot to take my phone out of the pocket.:mad::( Copped on too late and of course the signs are pretty ominous for the phone. I took it apart and put it in the hotpress for a few days to dry it out. Do you think is there any hope of saving the phone? I know its a fairly old model and i get plenty of stick for it but i really like it and would much rather keep it than get a new one.

Failing that, anyone have any suggestions for a new phone that i could buy. What i'm looking for:
    • Durable
    • Camera
    • Torch
    • Music/Radio
    • Not flip or slidey phone
    • Nokia
    Any suggestions will be much appreciated

The Nokia 5500 Sport is the closest model to the 5140i I know of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Rsaeire wrote: »
    The Nokia 5500 Sport is the closest model to the 5140i I know of.

not that's a right piece of ****....5140i is miles better....it's also better than a samsung solid and JCB phone.....

vinchenzo you can pick one off ebay for about 60 euro,...you can still get them in some phone shops...might be expensize, i've seen 6310is in store for €200 +

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I didn't think it was possible to buy them any more? Do you know where i could get one?

I have a spare refurbished one that's basically the same as brand new if you're after one.

Advertisement