Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Apply for Test?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been driving for about two and a half months and everything has gone smoothly. I started with five lessons in the instructors car and then two in my own and have since been driving for about a month. Do i have to be driving for a certain lenght of time before i can apply for the test? I would like to apply straight away before i pick up any bad habits.

Obviously i still have some things to work on (4th to 2nd is giving me some grief at the moment) but i can easily iron them out while waiting for the test date.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's not the length of time you've been driving, rather it's the amount of time you've held a learner permit. You must have held a learner permit for at least 6 months on the day of your test. You may apply before the 6 months however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

It's not the length of time you've been driving, rather it's the amount of time you've held a learner permit. You must have held a learner permit for at least 6 months on the day of your test. You may apply before the 6 months however.

Thanks. I have only held the permit for the two and a half months i have been driving, i got my first lesson the day it arrived. How long is the waiting list these days, if i apply before Christmas would i likely get my test for March(ie LP for 6 months).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Around the 8 weeks mark, i believe there is a comment box where you can enter the earliest date yo can do the test, to save you from getting a test date too early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Around the 8 weeks mark, i believe there is a comment box where you can enter the earliest date yo can do the test, to save you from getting a test date too early

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement