Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Employer paying for ACCA - How to broach

• 12-11-2008 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi all,

Have started in a new job in accounts / administration, and I love it. At the interview I informed the Head Office I was doing my ACCA's and that I had my first 2 exams this year. They were very agreeable to this and had no problems with me taking time off for the exams etc.

Now, problem is I work in industry and I know I will get 1 day off for each exam and the day of the exam. I have no problems with that.

Question is how do I ask the owner will he pay for my exams and books etc in a nice way as it was never brought up in the interview that they would pay and I didn't ask. The owner wasn't at the interview in Dublin I only met him when I started the job.

Thanks

Carolinei

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Aine1981

Heya
    I was lucky as my contract stated that my employer would pay for my exams.
    Maybe the best way would be to organise a meeting and in a nice way ask what is the companies procedure in relation to examinations. Do they contribute towards it? Is it part of their training budget?
    It cant do any harm, since you didnt meet him at the interview you didnt get the opportunity to ask.
    Best of luck with it.
    A

Advertisement