Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transferring to arts ucd

Options
  • 12-11-2008 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

how wud 1 go about doing this? its hypotetically speaking now, but im just considering it. i know of people that have done this from the course im doing now.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭camel toe

:confused:

next please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

jump in the lake.

camel toe wrote: »
    :confused:

next please

Ring the Programme Office. They'll tell you. All their numbers are on that link I posted

ah ye but that is so much effort. prefer a poster on here to tell me.

• Advertisement

passive wrote: »
    jump in the lake.

GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Well then you probably shouldn't bother doing any course at all, skip right ahead to the dropping out part ;)

So you'd rather not do any work yourself?
    Then why would anyone help you?

Well then you probably shouldn't bother doing any course at all, skip right ahead to the dropping out part ;)

:rolleyes:
    So you'd rather not do any work yourself?
    Then why would anyone help you?

i typed out this thread didnt i?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

OP you seem to have the most lazy and apathetic attitudes towards this that could be imagined, get up off your arse and do it yourself.

• Advertisement

i typed out this thread didnt i?

Just about. Why won't you just ring the Arts Programme Office?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Just about. Why won't you just ring the Arts Programme Office?

prob get some hapless idiot at the other end of the fone who hasnt got a clue. much rather somebody who has either done it or knows the story with switching. ill just get bored with somebody talking down the fone wiv all this technical stuff.

prob get some hapless idiot at the other end of the fone who hasnt got a clue. much rather somebody who has either done it or knows the story with switching. ill just get bored with somebody talking down the fone wiv all this technical stuff.

You'll get bored of someone answering your question?
    Grow Up.
    Anyone on here who tells you what to do will just have to tell you exactly what they'll tell you from the Programme Office. Most likely less as they could have forgotten by now

so u no i ended up sending them a message but i bet i get no reply. complete waste of time.

so u no i ended up sending them a message but i bet i get no reply. complete waste of time.

You e-mailed them?
    Or you left a voicemail?

e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

You're not gonna get far in life with that attitude...

Did you even bother mentioning what course you're doing, what year you want to transfer to or what points you had in the leaving so people could possibly assist you ??

My girlfriend transferred from Arts in Maynooth to Arts in UCD, she was 17 at the time and she had enough initiative to ring up UCD Arts Programme office to find out what they required...

If they don't get back to you tomorrow call them on Friday during office hours.
    I hope you wrote it properly as well.

i.e. Not with the text speak you've been using on here

Jev/N wrote: »
    You're not gonna get far in life with that attitude...

Did you even bother mentioning what course you're doing, what year you want to transfer to or what points you had in the leaving so people could possibly assist you ??

My girlfriend transferred from Arts in Maynooth to Arts in UCD, she was 17 at the time and she had enough initiative to ring up UCD Arts Programme office to find out what they required...

so wat did it require?

we r gettin somewere i think.

Tell me your current degree and university/IT, LC points and whether you want to start in 1st or 2nd yr in Arts and I can advise you...

• Advertisement

im doing english media and cultural studies in iadt. id probably want to go into first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

im doing english media and cultural studies in iadt. id probably want to go into first year.

That's a Level 8 course already, so if you do well in 1st year there, you might be able to go in to UCD at 2nd year.

I see the course includes "highly-developed written communication skills". UCD will also expect you to display skills in that department. It's never too soon to start practising. :p

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Fionnanc

Judging from this thread Camel Toe is perfectly suited for an Arts course but probably wouldn't graduate.

Seriously. Get out of bed and be waiting at the relevant office at 8am, so you will be first in line to see the relevant secretary/officer.

Lazybones

I don't think you can transfer straight into second year, you have to have studied at an NUI for the previous course. All you need is to have the points for Arts in the year you got your LC results, no other year... You then need to go to the Programme Office and get a transfer application form and send that in along with a letter and results from your previous college

Advertisement