Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After 13 years, missing cat found

Options
  • 12-11-2008 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/11/12/BABC142V0J.DTL

(11-11) 22:26 PST Santa Rosa -- More than 13 years after he went missing from his Santa Rosa home, George the cat is back.

"I was blown away," Frank Walburg said of the unexpected return of his missing feline. "Such a big chunk of time has passed."

George was reunited with Walburg and his wife, Melinda Merman, both dedicated cat companions, last Wednesday after Sonoma County Animal Care and Control officers rescued him from a mobile home park - just 3 miles from their home - at the request of the manager.

Authorities scanned the kitty and found an implanted microchip that was encoded with identifying information that they were able to trace back to the couple.

<snip>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

A little bit hope for them all, it's great to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Nowhere near as impressive as the story above but I got a cat back after 1 year...

She went missing when she was an 8 week old kitten. Seemed to just vanish.
    A year later my friend's sister arrives at the door saying there is a cat outside near the road and can we help? (we are known in the area for taking in waifs and strays!).
    I go out and lo and behold, there's Meg, albeit 5 times the size she was when I last saw her!
    I couldn't believe it, I was sure that she must have died, but I had photos of her as a kitten and the markings were identical.

Advertisement