Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extreme Sports Research

Options
  • 12-11-2008 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭

ok guys just a little help needed.

im doing research into the contrasting views of people who do not participate in extreme sports and people who do.

I have two surveys done out both with ten questions and neither should take more than 5 minutes to fill out. Id really appreciate if as many people as possile take the time to fill it out as i need at least 50 respondents to each survey.

I am focusing on skydiving for convenience for me.

The first survey is for people with either NO skydives or just ONE skydive.

NON PARTICIPANT SURVEY

The second survey is for People with more than one skydive.

PARTICIPANT SURVEY

Thanks in advance,

mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Did your non-participant one - 1 Tandem Skydive. Good luck.

Had issues on question 4 when I added comments I kept getting a "The comment you entered is in an invalid format" message so I had to leave it blank, just FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ye thanks dude got a few emails about that its fixed now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Done!

thanks alot man i appreciate it

iv gotten loads of skydiver responces but not alot of non skydiver responces......just not interested i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

No problem mate. Funny I noticed that after I did one(only one) when you speak to anyone about Skydiving, only a few go "Ah yeah, Skydiving, did one once, or yeah I Skydive cos I love it blah blah" or "I'd love to do one".................

The majority of people who aren't or haven't done it go "ARE YOU F*CKIN CRAZY!!!!!!!!! OUT OF A PERFECTLY GOOD AIRCRAFT!!!!!!!! WHY WOULD I WANNA DO THAT????!!!!!!!!! :D

I suppose its a fair response really! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Done!

thanks kenjd

ye ice thats kinda the motivation behind the research

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭carveone

iceage wrote: »
    The majority of people who aren't or haven't done it go "ARE YOU F*CKIN CRAZY!!!!!!!!! OUT OF A PERFECTLY GOOD AIRCRAFT!!!!!!!! WHY WOULD I WANNA DO THAT????!!!!!!!!! :D

You try and motivate them by putting them in a really crap aircraft. Ok, not all C-182s are so terrible but add another 3 people and some farting and the students are practically running for the door.

So, PeakOutput, are you fit as all hell after a summer of packing?!?!

carveone wrote: »
    So, PeakOutput, are you fit as all hell after a summer of packing?!?!

well i definitely didnt put on any weight lol but the rest of the lifestyle isnt exactly conducive to being ripped

were do you jump in ireland and have you worked / jumped in the states?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭carveone

PeakOutput wrote: »
    well i definitely didnt put on any weight lol but the rest of the lifestyle isnt exactly conducive to being ripped

It's the beer, whatever you gain in the day is killed during the night. And then some :rolleyes: At least it's cheap.
    were do you jump in ireland and have you worked / jumped in the states?

Handful of jumps up in Garvagh (wild geese), couple of hundred in Zhills and Arizona, couple of hundred in Canada. If you can keep up, Arizona rocks. I found it generally cheaper and lesss frustrating to save up and go abroad than to try and jump here so I never tried!

Thanks for the PM by the way, I'll drop them a line at some point... Cheers!

• Advertisement

Handful of jumps up in Garvagh (wild geese), couple of hundred in Zhills and Arizona, couple of hundred in Canada. If you can keep up, Arizona rocks. I found it generally cheaper and lesss frustrating to save up and go abroad than to try and jump here so I never tried!

very nice cant wait to see arizona. im going back to new england next summer till about october then gonna try and get a packing job in sebastian if i go to florida or somewhere in california if i go there till january so should increase the jump numbers significantly then.

if you have any money saved there is a big enough group of us going to skydive spain over new years for their boogie should be great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I just did the non-participant survey for ya, hope it helps.
    I hope to get some friends together (some of them have jumped before) and do my first jump when the weather starts to get warmer.

Done.

Doing my first jump early next year. Ive some friends who are experienced jumpers, can't wait!

thanks everyone the survey is now closed and its onto the write up uggghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

PeakOutput wrote: »
    thanks everyone the survey is now closed and its onto the write up uggghhh

Good luck!

Advertisement