Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So, whats everyone going to do first :)

• 12-11-2008 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

well, the title says it all, whats everyones plan to do first come 12:01 tonight?!

personally, i have been leveling a rogue on the side and hes just 30 so gonna play him this evening just to ding so he can get his mount. (havin sooooo much fun with the rogue, never rolled one before)

to be honest, im more interested in playing the death knight than i am in seeing northrend, especially over the next few days (lag city and impossible to finish gather quests etc)

so my plan is to play around with my deathknight and my rogue and leave my 70 hunter and warrior resting, so when questhelper starts getting updated over the next few days, i wont be runnin round looking for 20 frost wyrms or whatever!!

took monday off work so before then ill decide who i want to hit 80 first and start questing, probably my warrior. :)

whats your plan?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'll create my DeathKnight and then start my epic quest.

I'm going to take my time and not rush anything.

I'm not in primary raid groups in guild so i have the luxury of just talking it slow and enjoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh i dont see the point in rushing as fast as possible to 80, i would rather enjoy it ;)

thought of a name for your deathknight yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Get to 80, by any means necessary. Beg, borrow, steal or cheat, but get to 80 I will. Then the raiding starts!!

I'll go back on alts to enjoy the new content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭KilOit

Gank DK's if i don't get my game at midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Mena wrote: »
    Get to 80, by any means necessary. Beg, borrow, steal or cheat, but get to 80 I will. Then the raiding starts!!

+1. Lots of lost hours of sleep ahead.

• Advertisement

KilOit wrote: »
    Gank DK's if i don't get my game at midnight

hehe nice one.

i was only playing wow about a month when tbc was launched so i was mostly oblivious to what was going on.

i only got into raiding in the last few months and still cant decide if i prefer raiding or pvp.

ill try both at 80 me thinks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

hoping xtravision give me my copy tomorrow.. (despite them trying to tell me it doesnt launch til friday...) - my shadowpriest is going straight to 80 and i shall level my prot pally slowly :) might roll a DK just to do some stuff im used to :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yup name taken

Kratus

Reserved :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im torn between levelling my priest to 80 first or rolling a DK and levelling it aswell.
    Im not gonna rush to 80 tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Probably just gonna punch the missus, knock her out so she doesn't annoy/disturb me then get straight into the game with my Hunter.

No, no, no, wait, something is wrong there...

• Advertisement

hell no, that sounds about right..hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

Dont know ( long time lurker But playing wow for years,)

Staying at home in my parents for the last two weeks and for another two weeks while house Extension being built, They have a crappy 1 mb connection and My bro is Always playing xbox 360 so its lag city for everything i try and do, :(

But top of the list will be get my main holy Priest to 80 (Ordeus, Alliance on Kul Tiras ) or play my mage alt for longer until I get the house sorted and be able to move back in and play, and or test out the dK and have a bit of fun,
    But it looks like My main will miss out on all the first two weeks of Fun :(

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I don't know whether to roll Gnome Dk or Human DK.

I'm thinking gnome cause they're small and annoying while humans are plain and boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Probably just gonna punch the missus, knock her out so she doesn't annoy/disturb me then get straight into the game with my Hunter.

No, no, no, wait, something is wrong there...

Ive already warned mine not to expect any form of interaction from me untill monday morning....

But first thing ill do will probably roll my DK, have to find a nice name all the RP'ers will QQ about, then hop onto my hunter and get him to 80 asap. When thats done ill chillax and enjoy northrend with my warrior and lock. I dont plan on getting much sleep untill monday !

im only with my gf about a month so she thought i was a freak when i told her i was takin monday off to play!!

so according to her im a nerd haha

im still debating what race to roll as dk.

my favs are undead and lore wise they should have been the only dks. but i have never had an orc or tauren so the bulky look i will probably end up going for. probably male orc.

i was thinkin of rollin a dk called runecoon or somethin that rymes with rune!

**dont rob my name!!

undead DKs look great.

Taurens are funny for the horse stealing quest.

I'd go Undead on horde side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Play a little CS:S, drink a few bottles of beer and then get sleep ;)

I will be getting the game at some stage tomorrow, I do not feel the need to be the first 80 on the server. I'm a prot warrior, gold dust for new instances ;) Shouldn't have a problem getting to 80 really really fast.

hehe check it out

?view=226512019cd3e3d7ab3ea903d
    ?view=22651211876ac34246847dd4f

just patching now from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2

its a 631mb patch. says 81 mins more like 50 i reckon.

have my cd key bought from offgamers too

scratch that, found a link for the patch, cancelled the blizz updater and should have the patch in 4 mins. downloading at 2 meg a second ftw

?view=226512989b3c1836e8ee453b0

• Advertisement

Copeyhagen will you post that link or PM it to me please? I would like to download that link tonight before I get the game, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

at copeyhagen

Current in-game build is 3.0.3(9183). You are installing last weeks build m8.
    You will have to d/l another 41 mb patch
    You are NOT installing the Lich King client there. /hug

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Jason2379

The first thing I'm going to do is hop on a boat to Northrend and see Borean Tundra :D

Then I'm going to roll my DK, named Pennywise (DO NOT steal it) and Im gonna see what it's like while my main is resting.

Pity I wont be able to play until Friday evening, latest :(

yeh it auto patched that one then another 2.

when i click on create a character now the dk symbol is there but cant chose it.

im ready to rock and roll now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Make my Deathknight to get the name I want then take my Lock to Northrend.

Upgrade page is back online.

Saves doing it during the rush at midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

I went back and completed any of the old quests i wasnt bothered doing when i dinged 70, so now im in shadowmoon waiting to hand them in and get a nice exp head start :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Make my Deathknight to get the name I want then take my Lock to Northrend.
    make the char with that name now so no one else takes it

then when you are making your dk just delete the other one=]

i've got CORPSEXPLODER saved on a gnome level 1, even though i dont plan on playing dk for months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Is there a dl avail of the WOTLK client? I have a license key bought, just need to install the client? anyone?

• Advertisement

Omg WoTLK full is a 12.1GB download from Usenet :(

EDIT: Actually it's only 7.7GB - just double checked, the rest of the download was the PAR files...

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Omg WoTLK full is a 12.1GB download from Usenet :(

EDIT: Actually it's only 7.7GB - just double checked, the rest of the download was the PAR files...

I thought you were waiting tomorrow to send the missus out?

I thought you were waiting tomorrow to send the missus out?

Changed my mind and she's going in for the midnight launch herself so I don't even have to bother downloading it now either :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Download patches before tomorrow
    Wowwiki patch mirrors

3.0.1 - 3.0.2 GB Rapidshare Premium

3.0.2 - 3.0.3 GB Rapidshare premium

Edit: Whats the story at 12:00 for those of us who are picking up the expansion tomorrow?
    Im guessing all the crowds will be hovering around orgrimmar/undercity - Northrend zepplins. Then server retarts

Thanks for the links mate, but... what exactly do I do with them?

Right I will get the game tomorrow, install it then add these patches to what folder? Do I just cut and copy it to C:/Worldofwarcraft folder? I am not so good with this crap to tell you the truth :(

Nah, you'll probably have to mount them with PowerISO or similar. They'll more than likely be .ISO images.

For anyone else interested with Newgroups access (Usenext or similar) the full WOTLK EU is available from alt.binaries.big and is 7.7GB in size.

• Advertisement

Scratch that, my bad, the rapidshare links are just the patches.

BTW, if you upgrade your account now you can start a Death Knight. Seems to be a load of them on Draenor already, just checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

60 DK's on our server now
    Thanks for the links mate, but... what exactly do I do with them?
    Download from links, install
    Im not sure if you need to place them into a wow folder in our order to install them. Im afraid I haven't ever installed them manually before. Might be best to leave it until someone can provide fact on the matter

But its good idea to DL from rapidshare if you have an account with them, Im guessing the 574mb 3.0.1 is going to be a bitch to download from the wow servers tomorrow

got sorted and playing my dk by about 12:25, loved it! great fun playin it.

only got to play for an hour due to work this mornin.

whats northrend like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Hobbidance

Have to power lvl my holy priest to 80 so guild can begin raiding asap ( QQ bb t6... )

but after that i'm gonna do AAAALLLLLL the achievements and make loads of gold from quests and get those imba mammoths! :D

GIEF T7!! /rawr

• Advertisement

that doesnt sound enjoyable to me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Hobbidance

lol what do you consider fun? :P

Advertisement