Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying o2 Bill pay iphone 3g for use with payg

• 12-11-2008 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

I am being offered a bill pay 3g iphone hardly used for around 200. The user will keep the o2 contract and get a new nokia blackberry copy which the sim will work in.

Im i right in saying that i can just put a o2 payg sim into the iphone. and if so is this a very good bargin:D. ( he is basically giving it to me for just less than his upgrade price)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Yeah its a good deal, but you've got to ask yourself why he is trying to get rid of it and continue to pay a contract worth a total of min €810. Hearing of people selling this phone so quickly was the reason I decided against it. Seems gimmicky and something that I would tire of well before 18 months is up.

Having said that, you're gonna get the phone for 200, no strings attached, so I would be all over that deal. If you grow tired, stick it on adverts in a few months. I reckon you'll break even or maybe even make a profit.

Not sure about internet data deals on PAYG tho, someone else may be able to advise. Make sure to give the phone a thorough look over before parting with your cash too - hopefully its not a sounds too good to be true deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

Jeez, have it in my hand, it is perfect and has been used once. He was unhappy with the email in comparison to his nokia.

I took it anyway..

There are a number of customers i deal with (im in the it sector) who are not happy with it for a number of reasons, keyboard and mail setup being the main ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

aidankk wrote: »
    Jeez, have it in my hand, it is perfect and has been used once. He was unhappy with the email in comparison to his nokia.

I took it anyway..

There are a number of customers i deal with (im in the it sector) who are not happy with it for a number of reasons, keyboard and mail setup being the main ones.

Good deal! Enjoy......you should be able to use O2's new PAYG deal of 99c a day for some tiny amount of em bees. Better than nothing, I suppose and it's automatic.

Now, get thee to the App Store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Get a unlimited data package if you can from O2, although i am out of touch with whats on offer at home in Ireland. I have a unlimited with AT&T in the US, and I could not imagine using it under any other data package. Especially when I use a the streaming radio app everyday! I get to listen to newstalk106, can beat the off the ball show!!

Is the O2 data package for the iphone unlimited, or are there various types?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

murfie wrote: »
    Get a unlimited data package if you can from O2, although i am out of touch with whats on offer at home in Ireland. I have a unlimited with AT&T in the US, and I could not imagine using it under any other data package. Especially when I use a the streaming radio app everyday! I get to listen to newstalk106, can beat the off the ball show!!

Is the O2 data package for the iphone unlimited, or are there various types?

The user is intending putting in a PAYG SIM; I believe the best he can enjoy is the automatic 99c a day offering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

My iPhone (1st Gen - 2G model) is tied to my SIM. I have other SIMs (O2 ones) & they will not work in it.
    Does your SIM work in it? You could always get it unlocked anyway.

Advertisement