Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holy Priests journey to 80

• 12-11-2008 1:38pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So what way are you Holy Priests going to spec for the journey to 80?
    Im tempted to go shadow but im guessing we can solo quite well now as holy with the +spell power changes etc.
    The only soloing ive done recently are the dailys but i normally get my rogue to do them and pass on the gold to my priest.
    Im also tempted to stick to holy and do as many instances as i lvl up as i can.
    Im Kara and ZA geared with the odd Grull and Maggie piece, i wonder how long they will last :)

Heres my current build http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVcbzhZcxtcc0qihVGo
    Any thoughts on where to add points?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Not sure on leveling as holy, but i plan to level to 78 as shadow then switch to holy to start getting some of the high lvl blues that will help me in raids,
    im in a raiding guild so i need to get to 80 asap but im i have no exp as holy im affraid.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

I cant see your build as i'm in work but innerfire will buff spellpower so could be worth getting some points in there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Shadow will be much faster . And more fun .

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

mind seer... is.... gonna...be....EPIC! :D

but na holy should be much much easier now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

Im exactly the Same as you Dcully,

Same Kinda Gear and holy priest,

Me Im going to Stick holy i think for a couple of levels anyway just to see how things are, ususally go Shadow for leveling as in TBC but, Im going stay holy I think and with some points in Holy/Disc, not sure yet,

Saying that Im interested to see what other priest are Doing

R

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

has to be shadow.

come out of shadowform to EASILY heal any instance on the way to 80. bish bosh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I'd say stick holy, as alot of people probably wont want a SP healing. Would get you into groups alot quicker.

Actually silly question, havnt had a chance to look it up,

Spell power, Work for both Holy and shadow? Eg I have the
    Gladiators pvp holy set, All Stats now change for the upgrade to
    WOTLK, no + healing no + damage Etc, Whats the story on it?
    Can this set be used in Holy and Shadow Specs? with gems changed etc

or anyone point me in the right direction

Sorry more than likley idiotic question, but I havnt had a Chance to
    read up on it and work have All wow sites blocked

Cheers

R

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Actually silly question, havnt had a chance to look it up,

Spell power, Work for both Holy and shadow? Eg I have the
    Gladiators pvp holy set, All Stats now change for the upgrade to
    WOTLK, no + healing no + damage Etc, Whats the story on it?
    Can this set be used in Holy and Shadow Specs? with gems changed etc

or anyone point me in the right direction

Sorry more than likley idiotic question, but I havnt had a Chance to
    read up on it and work have All wow sites blocked

Cheers

R

Yes +spell power translates to +healing and vice versa which is great.

Quick tip : pvp gear is not the best for healing pve as it lacks +spirit which is vital for your mana regen.

Excellent cheers,

Yup I knows,, Just been pvping a while, Not much into raiding these days, Naxx and BWL at 60 burned me out a bit, took a year off and Come back For TBC and nows WOTLK, who know i might be tempted back full time raiding again, Enjoyed Kara and ZA so

:)

R

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

Hello mate, if your looking for a fun leveling specc, specc shadow, this build should suffice for leveling:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bZZGxfrofkfiqfzAo

Also with the addition of dual specc you can have both, also if you want try full disc. Penance is fun for healing, but the dmg is poo :)

Hi Nix and thanks mate :)
    Whats this dual spec i keep hearing about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Gonna stay holy all the way from 70-80, shouldn't be too hard for me to solo since the spellpower patch has me at 1350 something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi Nix and thanks mate :)
    Whats this dual spec i keep hearing about?

In an effort to enable people to pvp and pve wihout spending a fortune in gold they will be releasing a second specc which you can switch to, it will also make raids run smoother if not enough healers or vice versa.

So if your shadow and your asked to heal a instance/raid you just switch specc and heal for the group. Will be quite handy, but i can see it being exploited.

Your not ment to be able to switch specc in combat or in an arena, but whats to stop a rogue from vanishing and switching? or even a nelf using shadow meld to switch? They will probably put a CD on it im guessing..

Everything i heard has been word of mouth mind you, i havent looked it up at all. But im pretty sure its true :D

So i can have a full holy spec and just switch to a full shadow spec when need be?
    If so is there a cooldown on how often one change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Dcully wrote: »
    So i can have a full holy spec and just switch to a full shadow spec when need be?
    If so is there a cooldown on how often one change?
    THey haven't released the details of it yet, I'd imagine they'd be sensible enough to block the obvious exploits, even if it's something as simple as not being able to switch while in any sort of instance.

As for me, I've switced to Disc for levelling so I can have fun in BG's along the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

This again?

Level shadow, WAY quicker to level and youll have absolutely no problem healing instances untill 80.

Any group that doesnt want you healing because your shadow probably isnt worth going with anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Not much quicker at all anymore since spell power changes, any decent holy priest should be at 1200 or so spellpower going into expansion.

Ive been trying a holy based damage build for aoe grinding with holy nova and seems to be working pretty nice. Holy nova is a bitch for mana but with right gear and some talent points put in places you wouldn't expect makes it pretty dam viable. Its weird looking as it has a few points in the 3 talent trees but seems to be working pretty good in Northrend and is essentially still holy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Hobbidance

Well... i've always been holy sine i could use my talent tree >.> (natural noob at the beginning ^^; )

but seeing as my guild all need to get our mains to 80 asap and as well geared as possible we've spilt into 5 man groups and instead of our usual raid times we're now going to be grinding instances (we'll need the rep for gear, enchants, patterns etc. LOVE the whole new way to grind rep though, wearing the tabard of the faction you want rep with in the dungeon = awesome idea) also it's easy, fun exp.

Inbetween that i'm just gonna continue questing as holy cause i mean, well, we kick ass now cause we can do some dps too. Soloing lvl 72 elites as a holy squishy F.T.W :D

also you're spec seems to be ok for healing in fact almost similar to mine. I could post mine if you'd like so you could have a look :)

Advertisement