Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No deal but.......

Options
  • 12-11-2008 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭

....was in Smyth's toystore last night in Carrickmines trying to get the head start on xmas presents. There was this deadly Elmo Live toy priced at 29.99 which I did think was a very good price.

Added it to the trolley and when paying it was listed at 69.99 on the receipt. Went back in and asked what was the story and was told it was an error on the price label stuck to it. There were loads of them there at that price. It turns out half were wrong and the other half were right.

Guys in work today saying I should have insisted on paying 29.99 but tbh I didnt want to cause a scene, and wasn't sure of my rights.

Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

If the price listed is different to the price it scans at then they are not legally obliged to give it to you at the lower price providing they inform you of the correct price at the till. When the incorrect information is pointed out to them they must change the other units to the correct price. It sounds like they knew of the wrong price before you approached the till. I would give the nca (national consumer agency) a quick call to see where you should go from here if you want to take it further

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

LolaDub wrote: »
    If the price listed is different to the price it scans at then they are not legally obliged to give it to you at the lower price providing they inform you of the correct price at the till. When the incorrect information is pointed out to them they must change the other units to the correct price. It sounds like they knew of the wrong price before you approached the till. I would give the nca (national consumer agency) a quick call to see where you should go from here if you want to take it further

Thanks for the reply. I didnt know the price was wrong ( though I did think it was a great price considering ), but the girl insisted on showing there were others there at full whack, in behind the first row!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Thanks for the reply. I didnt know the price was wrong ( though I did think it was a great price considering ), but the girl insisted on showing there were others there at full whack, in behind the first row!

If she was insistent on showing the correctly priced items hidden behind the incorrectly lower priced items then they realised that the pricing was wrong and didn't correct it. I would get onto the consumer association to query/report it, thats a ridiculous price difference to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Did they correct the mispriced ones? If they didn't then they can be reported for it. If you're not happy about paying more than was printed on them, you should be able to get a refund if you bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Pity you didnt get it for 29 quid, i would have bought 5 and flogged them on ebay when they start selling for 200 each in a few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

krudler wrote: »
    Pity you didnt get it for 29 quid, i would have bought 5 and flogged them on ebay when they start selling for 200 each in a few weeks

Spirit of christmas huh :rolleyes: :pac:

Advertisement