Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any 1.4L 4x4's???

• 12-11-2008 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

looking for something bigger than a car but restricted to 1.4litre

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Daihatsu Terios 1.3 4WD
    Suzuki Jimny 1.3 16V JLX

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mcquaid1

ha...i said bigger than a car.....ha no...messin...yeh but they are a bit small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

does it have to be a 4x4

what about a golf estate (or similar). bigger than your average car and still a 1.4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

you wont get bigger than them with a 1.4 engine. if you go to 1.6 you can have a suzuki vitara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

what about those pajero junior yokes,aren't they like a 1.094cc 16 valve engine

just get a sticker for the bumper that says "when i grow up...."

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/843724

this link is only for illustration purposes;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

My other half has a pajero jr, since she got it 3 years ago theres never been a problem with it, bit tight on rear seat leg room but its a good nippy yoke. great on fuel economy. I think they stopped making them in 98.

The jimni is, well i wouldnt go near one, horribly slow and a bit more cramped inside. seems a real grannys 4x4. I hope my mate isnt reading this :D

Can you push it to 1.8 ( landrover freelander ) dont forget you might be able to break the 1.4 ltr insurance restriction if the car is an suv type since theyr not fast cars and not usually bought by boy racer types. Its worth a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Isn't the 1.4 tsi in the new VW Tiguan. You didn't say whether you were looking at new or used OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Subaru Justy 1.3L AWD

Advertisement