Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

get rid of that smell

Options
  • 12-11-2008 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I had a car out on the road during the floods a few months back and the water came up pretty high into the car there was a lot of sewage and the inside of the car smells terrible.

I'm looking to try and sell the car in the coming weeks does anyone know if there's like a mobile car vallet service or a recommendation for getting rid of the stench?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

let her clean it:

seriously ... you had your car flooded a few months ago and only now you're thinking about doing something about it because you want to sell it?

WTF?

That water and silt could have done all sorts of damage other than the smell

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

peasant wrote: »
    let her clean it:

seriously ... you had your car flooded a few months ago and only now you're thinking about doing something about it because you want to sell it?

WTF?

That water and silt could have done all sorts of damage other than the smell

I removed all the water and cleaned it out as best I could the day after the flood I had a mechanic down to look at it as quickly as I could and he said everything was fine.

It's really just the smell I can't seem to get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'd say the old carpet would probably have to be replaced

• Registered Users Posts: 20,115 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ntlbell wrote: »
    I had a car out on the road during the floods a few months back and the water came up pretty high into the car there was a lot of sewage and the inside of the car smells terrible.

I'm looking to try and sell the car in the coming weeks does anyone know if there's like a mobile car vallet service or a recommendation for getting rid of the stench?

sounds like karma for winding liverpool fans up incessantly :p

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Sewage.....your taking some serious health risks.If it had bad flood damage at the very least,the interior that was damaged should be replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

what the hell is your woman in the video doing? how is she going to drive it home!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Cyrus wrote: »
    sounds like karma for winding liverpool fans up incessantly :p

LOl, i think they're even more sickened now. Go on ye Spurs:P

Back on topic lol, i think having a go at it yourself could be the first step. Bit of water and 1001 can go a long way. Just make sure you dry it out properly of the smell will stay. Tip for drying it out would be leaving the windows down about half an inch and turning the heaters on full blast for an hour or so.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Maybe get shake 'n' vac or something like that and give the carpet a good going over. You'll probably need to do it once or twice to get the smell out completely though.

Advertisement