Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus 2009 Price Increases?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Is there a list of this year's fare increases yet?

The only one I've seen "In the wild" is the travel 90, which is going up in price to 19.50 from 17.50.
    (Or else is a big typo on their end... I've a travel90 here with the 19.50 price printed on it, and then scribbled out with a black marker)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Was this moved here?
    (Thought I posted to commuting/transport - if it was moved, grand!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

with the 5 x 1-day rambler handipack gone, the popularity of the transfer 90 has sky-rocketed, such an increase would be no surprise, but could face a major public revolt over an 11% increase in the cost of a very popular travel card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

The nightlink will go to six quid no doubt :pac: and all the other fares will be some inconvenient denomenations.

I'd seriously push for them to have a 2 euro flat fare on all routes, with the travel 90 acting as a 'just under 2 euro per journey, including transfers'

Ditch all the other fares except the child's fare (1 euro), and the lowest adult fare (make it 1 euro, and add a stage or two to the distance you can travel on it).
    Nice and simple!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ste.phen wrote: »
    The only one I've seen "In the wild" is the travel 90, which is going up in price to 19.50 from 17.50.

But it only costs 17.00, not 17.50
    Ste.phen wrote: »
    I'd seriously push for them to have a 2 euro flat fare on all routes, with the travel 90 acting as a 'just under 2 euro per journey, including transfers'

Ditch all the other fares except the child's fare (1 euro), and the lowest adult fare (make it 1 euro, and add a stage or two to the distance you can travel on it).
    Nice and simple!

+1
    It's simple, it's workable and even the unions wouldn't object to this.

I think the Labour party had the same idea before the last election, never happened though.

• Advertisement

micmclo wrote: »
    But it only costs 17.00, not 17.50

My mistake :) But the one I'm using at the moment definitely says 19.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Realy?
    I got one two weeks ago and it was 17 euro. It better be still valid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

They're valid til 2010 or something. I wouldn't worry about it. And I have 3 on me at the moment (don't ask...) and they're all €17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

The new tickets going into the shops now are marked at the new price. Any shop that still has the old stock is still selling it. Its valid till 2010. However, the powers that be are unsure when to put the price up. The latest idea is January, but the tickets are already printed with the new price so they have marked the price out with a black pen.

This is from the horses head offices mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

with the 5 x 1-day rambler handipack gone, the popularity of the transfer 90 has sky-rocketed

Just for info (it may not be relevant):

There's still the 5-day Rambler for use on 5 non-consecutive days. Same function as the handipack, except it's now one reusable card instead of five.

• Advertisement
Advertisement