Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Diamond touch with meteor

• 12-11-2008 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey I'm a first time poster so hopefully I didn't repeat this thread! I was just wondering whether anyone has a HTC Diamond touch and have used it on the meteor network! Planning on buying one online but not sure I should fork out €375.00 on a phone and realise it doesn't work on the network! Cheers

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

My dad has the Diamond on Meteor i think. Works grand, no complaints. Dont think meteor have 3G capabilities (I could be wrong) but you can set it up to use the GPRS to update certain things, or browse the net etc.

Personallly I use the wifi on the phone (my HTC touch cruise) to find a wireless network and "steal" that for a bit.

Ive not heard him complain about any network issues with it though so i think your safe enough.

What issues were you concerned with anyways?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

meteor has 3g in dublin and cork, maybe more places, it's expanding everyday,
    and welcome to the boards:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 apumalkan

Thats Good to hear. I was just concerned about the general issues because I am currently on vodafone and have been using an imported phone with them but cannot use wap on it at all, Vodafone couldn't activate it either. It was becasue of that experience I was a bit skeptical namely on meteor because as you said they don't support 3g. But I've been researching this here on boards and have found that you have a lot of helpful posts about personal experience with the touch diamond so I am very grateful about this advice. It really helps put me in a better position to actually go out and buy this phone now. Again, much appreciated for the reply. Cheers

• Moderators Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

metalfest wrote: »
    meteor has 3g in dublin and cork, maybe more places, it's expanding everyday,
    and welcome to the boards:D

Excellent. Come on Galway...

Oh, and I too welcome apumalkan to boards.ie

thanks for the welcome metalfest and black knight and cheers for the info bout the 3g! I'm just baffled that I've googled this issue (and emailed vodafone,o2 about info) for the last week with no avail and just signed up to boards half and hour ago and have found more answers than I did with google or getting in touch with the network providers! Cheers again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

you can manually enter settings into your phone. there's a thread about it somewhere...
    meteor are slowly entering the 3g market, before the summer meteor mobile broadband will be here.

so finally, would it be a good idea to get an unlocked touch diamond off ebay (because they are the cheapest) and hopefully use it with meteor, its the uk version and not the asian version!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

apumalkan wrote: »
    so finally, would it be a good idea to get an unlocked touch diamond off ebay (because they are the cheapest) and hopefully use it with meteor, its the uk version and not the asian version!

freaking excellent idea. thats how i get all my phones

ya might find that the odd phone has been used for a couple of hours even though they claim it to be new but if the guy has good, recent feedback you shouldnt have any trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Great idea, just bought a Samsung Omnia on ebay and I'm using it on Meteor with no problems. This great thread gives you all the info you need for Meteors MMS and mobile internet settings. I didnt have to ring technical support though. Also - remember to put in data.mymeteor.ie wherever isp.mymeteor.ie is mentioned! It should be straightforward.

Advertisement