Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What mortgage - help!

Options
  • 12-11-2008 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

I have only a few days left to decide what mortgage to take out!

I have been approved for a tracker which is what im set to take but i can change this so my

Question is should i take

Tracking the ECB / Euribor + 1.49%

Or

a variable @ 5.38%

Please Please help me decide. Thank you sincerly in advance

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Tracker, no question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭redroar1942

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Tracker, no question.

+1 . I'm surprised they even offered you a tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Your lucky to be offered a tracker at this stage in the lowering ECB market.

Go for it.

Remember, if you take a fixed or variable you risk penalties if you try to change to the tracker later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Pitty i cant spell feeyouoo

just to add into the mix - The tracker says it will change between the ECB / Euribor which ever is higher by 0.25 for more than 30 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well, divine intervention aside..a more relevant thread title will attract more viewes. Title edited :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

tracker - every day, and twice and tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

jetski wrote: »
    Pitty i cant spell feeyouoo

just to add into the mix - The tracker says it will change between the ECB / Euribor which ever is higher by 0.25 for more than 30 days!

WAIT UP!!!

A lot of people here don't seem to know what a tracker is;). They are merely associating the name tracker with the excellent products that many people currently are on.

However, yours does not appear to be the same.

Firstly, a +1.49% is pretty high. But, if it was just that I would say that your tracker is pretty much the same as variable rates.

However, your tracker appears to be tracking the Euribor (which is way higher than the ECB rate). There are many different Euribor rates, so you need to clarify exactly what Euribor rate you tracking (your documentation should specify this). Get your bank to specify how much you would be paying as of today's rate to give you an idea.

What bank is this?

Advertisement