Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious Eircom Problem

Options
  • 12-11-2008 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Guys i've a problem with eircom and if someone could help me resolve it before i go off the rails it would be fab.

Eircom made one of there would you like to return to us calls to my House around March of this year, i agreed phone+broadband, i was with another provider who i wasn't happy with so it suited me. Now i found out the next day from my telephone provider i had 3 months of a contract to see out, no problem. I rang the girl back in Eircom and she said no problem she will cancel the order as there is a 5 day cooling of period, so i said i will give you a call in 3 months when the contracts out.

Then in june i recieved a bill for 95euro for broadband, so i rang 1901 got a girl on the phone, who put me on to a supervisor after half an hour of arguing on the phone. To cut a long story short, when i rang to cancel the order the girl on the other end never cancelled the broadband order, this is what i got billed for. Supervisor said it was Eircoms fault she would get the bill cancelled and that will be the end of that.

Till Monday morning, postman dropped a nice little letter from a solictor saying they are collecting 95euro on behalf of eircom, a nice little threating letter saying they will affect my credit rating and all that bull. Now between monday and today i have made 15 1901 phone calls to customer service, i've been transfered half way around europe at this stage and really feel like putting my fist through the wall. All i keep getting is we will send an email to the supervisor and she will ring you..........i'm still waiting 3 days later with 4 days left to pay the solictors letter.

I have the supervisors name i spoke to, she works in the Drogheda call centre, no one can put me in contact with her for god knows what reason.

Never recieved anything in the post i.e router, internet setup disc, i recieved nothing.

And the most sickening thing is i changed back to eircom through 3g about 2 weeks ago, just waitng for the change over to take affect. Anyone with anys ideas or help would be fantastic. Anymore information that is needed please ask.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Contact the solicitor. Tell them that Eircom have resolved the issue and that they should refer back to Eircom.

Just tell them that you spoke to X, The Supervisor, on Y date, and that he/she agreed that the debt would be cancelled since it was an internal Eircom error.

Leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Paul i will make that phone call now and let you know what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Yeah i would do what paul said there, mention to the solicitor that eircom probably records the calls so there would be proof the supervisor agreed it was eircoms fault (ie if they say they never said that you can ask them to prove it by playing the recording and unless they can fake your voice and do a different call then you are laughin)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

GAAman wrote: »
    Yeah i would do what paul said there, mention to the solicitor that eircom probably records the calls so there would be proof the supervisor agreed it was eircoms fault (ie if they say they never said that you can ask them to prove it by playing the recording and unless they can fake your voice and do a different call then you are laughin)

I wouldn't go in to any of that. Just state who you spoke to, and when, and that they agreed to deal with the debt internally. Don't say anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Made the call lads said exactly what i posted, he said it will be referred back to this supervisor in Eircom and Should be cancelled. I would like something in writing to say this is the end of this, i don't want to find out i've been blacklisted or anything like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Hi,

We had exactly the same problem. It went on for months! Except our bill was for E230!!!! We ended up going through comreg and the problem was resolved within 24 hours of contacting them.

Try that option before paying for a solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

standards have obviously slid a lot since i was there! I used to head the processing for the winback team - most cancellations go through without a problem. Unless the system has changed (very possible) when a customer agreed to return and get BB wa had to process the return request first and the BB, so without one, the other wasn't processed. We had checks and measures in place to make sure that all cancellations were logged and not processed.
    some mistakes did happen, but it was easy to sort. The main prob is ringing 1901 - they are an outsourced company, and you can get directed to anywhere in Ireland - chances of getting to speak to who you want is unlikely. Even we as fellow eircomers had trouble getting them to do what we needed for customers! Better to ring their main switchboard and ask for the customer experience team - that way you may get to speak to someone who knows what they are talking about - better yet you may even get to speak to the person who issued the order incorrectly - it happens, its no big deal, but it becomes a big deal in eircom cos everyone in 1901 fobs it off elsewhere, beacuse it is so easy for them to stay hidden and not account for their inefficiency.

so basically my advice - with customer care issues, avoid 1901 and head for main switch and ask to be put through to the customer experience Team leader- saves a lot of trouble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

I work for a UK comms company and its mad how more and more alike the irish industry is becoming like the UK

Firstly, they are regulated by COMREG, and according to their website, the communication provider is obliged to provide a code of practise for handling their complaints on there website. Linky.

Eircom's code of practice is Here If I was you, I'd make my complaint in writing, allow the timeframes as set out by comreg to respond and when they fail to acknowledge your complaint within the timeframes that they won't have a hope should this go to the ombudsman. The key is to knowing your rights when complaining, and knowing who to tell them you will take this to if they don't respond adequately.

Complaints are made to be difficult for a reason. If it was easy, everyone would do it, so they make it difficult so the majority of people will just give up..... Don't give up

Best of luck....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭breaux

standards have obviously slid a lot since i was there! I used to head the processing for the winback team - most cancellations go through without a problem. Unless the system has changed (very possible) when a customer agreed to return and get BB wa had to process the return request first and the BB, so without one, the other wasn't processed. We had checks and measures in place to make sure that all cancellations were logged and not processed.
    some mistakes did happen, but it was easy to sort. The main prob is ringing 1901 - they are an outsourced company, and you can get directed to anywhere in Ireland - chances of getting to speak to who you want is unlikely. Even we as fellow eircomers had trouble getting them to do what we needed for customers! Better to ring their main switchboard and ask for the customer experience team - that way you may get to speak to someone who knows what they are talking about - better yet you may even get to speak to the person who issued the order incorrectly - it happens, its no big deal, but it becomes a big deal in eircom cos everyone in 1901 fobs it off elsewhere, beacuse it is so easy for them to stay hidden and not account for their inefficiency.

so basically my advice - with customer care issues, avoid 1901 and head for main switch and ask to be put through to the customer experience Team leader- saves a lot of trouble!
    Well emerald lass - don't know what your experiences were like with 1901 but as someone who worked in that area i would have to say that the winback team were the absolute bane of our lives. talk about over promising and under delivering. Not one day would go by but you were inundated with customers venting their anger towards us over what they assumed they were signing up for and what they were actually gonna get and all for a sale for the winback agent....free cordless phones, free calls, cheaper beond recognition and the list goes on and on.....mind blowing stuff. And of course the 1901 staff had to take up the flak as the winback staff had done their part...made the sale.
    Bit rich to slag the 1901 staff.....!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 farney

You should bring your complaint to the attention of Comreg if there is no movement from Eircom.

Comreg will give you a reference number, they will escalate the complaint with Eircom who I think have 10 days to solve it.

See http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/complaints_and_queries.51.LE.asp for more details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭lfcefc

I recently signed up with Eircom online for broadband and phone
    Got my 1st bill, fine- paid in full
    Got a bill yesterday with a charge of 100 euro for a deposit, rang them up and they said that I need to pay this for not having a direct debit set up with them
    Didnt mention any deposit when I signed up online
    Anyone heard of this before?
    Do I have to pay it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 mjtaljaard

Yes, I have had to pay it a few times as I moved around in dublin a bit, but you do get it back once you cancell the service. As far as I know it does mention that on the website as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭In$omniac

lfcefc wrote: »
    I recently signed up with Eircom online for broadband and phone
    Got my 1st bill, fine- paid in full
    Got a bill yesterday with a charge of 100 euro for a deposit, rang them up and they said that I need to pay this for not having a direct debit set up with them
    Didnt mention any deposit when I signed up online
    Anyone heard of this before?
    Do I have to pay it?

I had to pay a 400euro :eek: bond deposit when I was signing up with Bord Gais even though I was paying direct debit, it is because I am in rented accommodation!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 mjtaljaard

In$omniac wrote: »
    I had to pay a 400euro :eek: bond deposit when I was signing up with Bord Gais even though I was paying direct debit, it is because I am in rented accommodation!!

What??? That is crazy.
    Just signed up to Bord Gais as well and did not have to pay that as I have it go off by DD. :P SO... why don't everyone just pay by direct debit? It is easier, isn't it? :confused:
    I guess they ask for a big deposit because so may people are packing up and leaving back to Eastern Europe without paying the bills. (not everyone of course!) ;)

Advertisement