Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

how much i would get trade in value for mine car?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

hey lads, i got this car untill i get one more NCB and i can finnaly buy what i whant. But like we all know car market crash in ireland makes car value just pure insane.

I got a 2000 mercedes clk200, 2.0 non compresor. Green color. 2 owners from new. Got some parking scratches like moust of cars, but nothing seriuos. NCT untill 2010/05.

All possilbe extras: leather seats, heated seats/mirrors, air con, ESP and list goes on.

now i whant an s14/s15, skyline( older one, about 98) or a wrx/sti impreza.
    Now the car i whant to buy should be about 11k max value. i dont whant to go higher.

So how much i would get trade in value for mine car at this moment, when we have such situation on market.

Or i better just give the merc to mine misses, and get second car?

Thx guys,if need more info on car, i could try give it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Try to sell it privately because nobody wants a trade in. Take a low price for it. At least that way you will be going to buy the next car with cash and you will have all the bargaining power.

I vould give ze car to mine misses though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

mickdw wrote: »
    Try to sell it privately because nobody wants a trade in. Take a low price for it. At least that way you will be going to buy the next car with cash and you will have all the bargaining power.

I vould give ze car to mine misses though :)

You see, thing is if we buy second car, we can rent a house outside town, becouse bouth of us will have cars. And mine misses dont whant to sell car aswell, she loves it too much...

Thing is i cant be arsed to be selling car, and see all those maggots who will come and bi*ch about mine car just to drop an extra euro: "this is not right; oh look theres a scratch." I better give it to dealer, then selling it private and meet all those muppets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Dealer will give you (for example) €2k less than you'll get in a private sale.

If you can get that €2k in your pocket, consider it a "muppet tax".
    And think of it this way, if you have to put up with 10 muppets before you sell the car, you're effectively being paid €200 per muppet. That's not a bad day's work! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

AudiChris wrote: »
    Dealer will give you (for example) €2k less than you'll get in a private sale.

If you can get that €2k in your pocket, consider it a "muppet tax".
    And think of it this way, if you have to put up with 10 muppets before you sell the car, you're effectively being paid €200 per muppet. That's not a bad day's work! :D

well atleast you know what i mean :D. thought i would know the real number...

I checked a few prices on carzone, but they are really... jumpy... if you know what i mean.

And i dont know how much dealers give at this moment, i hear a fella was offered 9k eu for his 06 diesel focus..... so i dont even know what to think...

Advertisement