Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reviews on MMA instructional DVDs

• 12-11-2008 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

anyone know any good sites that give independant reviews of above?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

dont know any sites but if its instructionals your after, Bas Ruttens Big DVDs of Combat, pure quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

ryoishin wrote: »
    dont know any sites but if its instructionals your after, Bas Ruttens Big DVDs of Combat, pure quality.

I agree, pure comedy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Roper wrote: »
    I agree, pure comedy!
    But about 10 years old in technical terms, from what I remember anyway.

If you are looking for a good instructional check out the Functional Jeet Kune Do DVDs from Matt Thornton, they will change the way you play the game for the better. Many years on since I watched season 2 for the first time and I still pull them out every couple of months to watch again and always glean something from each viewing.

Aye Matt's ones are very good because he's not trying to impress you, just show you the fundamentals. Most DVDs are all about the funky stuff which is cool, but not too helpful when you're trying to hold mount!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Roper wrote: »
    I agree, pure comedy!

You dont like bas' stuff!

I agree he keeps his stuff simple and basic and vid futage on youtube of his seminars he has alot more technical ground work.

• Advertisement

No I LOVE it. It's the funniest stuff out there. A bit behind, but who am I to say that really? He's Bas Rutten, and man is he funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭riff-raff

Why dont you try Utorrent sites for down loads, bas, liddell and st.pierre stuff on it ..you can pick and chose what you want to do from the down loads ...have to say I like the bas cardio stuff .... great...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Mario Sperrys Vale Tudo set is a benchmark series for MMA training. SBG series 2 a great resource as is Rodney Kings Crazy Monkey series. For no gi jits I would have to recommend Chris Brennans first series and of course his seminar series ;).

Advertisement