Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Santa visit recommendations?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Anybody out there able to recommend a good Santa in the greater Dublin areafor the little ones to visit before The Man Himself comes in December? I have a 3 and 4 year old, based in the North East, and would prefer to visit somewhere a bit more outdoorsy than a shopping centre to deliver our Christmas Wish Lists. We went to a lovely place outside of Navan last year, but would like to try somewhere different for 2008. I remember something on in Donadea forest in Kildare a few years back, before I had kids, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hi there, Im afraid I dont really have any ideas but was curious as to where in Navan you went last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Airfield in Dundrum, €3 and class room type situation, Santa talks to all the kids, who sit around him on cushions, in a little grotto, they tell Christmas stories, sing songs, he asks them what they want for Xmas, and they get a very little pressie, but all in all 1/2 an hour long and very much worth it, then a walk around the gardens followed by coffee and big scone with cream in the restaurant. Perfect spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Happy121

Brought the kids to Donadea last year. Nice atmosphere after sunset as it is in the edge of a forest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

sounds good, where in Dundrum is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I brought my little one for breakfast with santa last year not sure if it is on this year have not heard yet was on in the hardrock cafe in tempbebar

You got a good breakfast and santa would join you at the take for a few min/s and talk to your kids then after breakfast got to tell santa want they wanted picture and a present

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

m'lady wrote: »
    Hi there, Im afraid I dont really have any ideas but was curious as to where in Navan you went last year?

We went to Grove Garden - it's near Causey Farm, turn left at Fordstown Cross. It is very magical, totally family run, and they have some exotic pets as well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Happy121 wrote: »
    Brought the kids to Donadea last year. Nice atmosphere after sunset as it is in the edge of a forest.

Any web links to Donadea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

m'lady wrote: »
    sounds good, where in Dundrum is that?

http://www.airfield.ie/

You go in off Kilmacud Road Upper. there is a map on the website. One of my favourite weekend places and all profits go back into running the facility for the community.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

We go to Larchhill Gardens just past Kilcock every year.

Its a great day out if you get the weather although the queue to see Santa can be quite long.

The great thing about it is that the Santas really make it special for the kids since the helpers ask the parents for some info about the kids when you are buying the tickets which I havent seen anywhere in years.

http://www.larchill.ie/

Edit***Just noticed that theyre not open this year for Christmas***

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

Not in Dublin but if you fancy a trip the santa in the Alliwee Caves are ment to be the best, its all booked out for months before hand. We booked our tickets in Feb.

Dont know if its booked up this year or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

If you fancy a short drive, I believe the Glenroe open farm put on a wonderful christmas village show, they have live deer and a Santa. I've never been but am planning to go this year.

http://www.glenroefarm.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 april19

Hi all,

http://www.dayout.ie has a huge list of Santas and Christmas activites throughout Ireland. Well worth a visit!

Advertisement