Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

product claims to unlock 3g iphone..

• 12-11-2008 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

http://www.any-network.com/faqs/index.php

any1 know anything about this? does this mean i could buy a speakeasy iphone 3g, use this and pop my 3 billpay in it and away i go? basically i want an iphone 3g and want to use it with my bill pay 3 usim card with no restrictions..and i dont really wanna go all the way to italy to get one!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

can some1 here please explain to me...

have been looking on adverts.ie to buy an iphone 3g...most adds say ''phone is unlocked and will work on any network with the supplied turbo sim''

What are these?? Dao these sim card adapters really let some1 buy an o2 phone and start using it on any network?

If so then i will be buying a speakeasy iphone3g and one of these 'sim adapters' which cost feck all , simple as that??

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

cojomo2 wrote: »
    can some1 here please explain to me...

have been looking on adverts.ie to buy an iphone 3g...most adds say ''phone is unlocked and will work on any network with the supplied turbo sim''

What are these?? Dao these sim card adapters really let some1 buy an o2 phone and start using it on any network?

If so then i will be buying a speakeasy iphone3g and one of these 'sim adapters' which cost feck all , simple as that??

thanks

Yes they do. I have been using one for months as has a colleague of mine. Go here.

thanks for the reply..

is there a downside to using this rebel sim card thing? i.e why would some1 go to italy to get a legally unlocked iphone3g, when they could just buy a speakeasy one here and use one of these rebel sims?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭smackyB

Rebel simcards aren't a perfect unlock compared to phones unlocked in the factory like the ones sold in Italy. For example, itunes won't let you sync unless you put the phone into airplane ("offline") mode. Also, if you go abroad the iPhone won;t pick up a network unless you put your sim into another phone, pick up a network and then pop it back into the iphone. You also have to repeat this when you come back home :-(

However they do provide an easy inexpensive solution until the dev team come out with a software unlock!

smackyB wrote: »
    Rebel simcards aren't a perfect unlock compared to phones unlocked in the factory like the ones sold in Italy. For example, itunes won't let you sync unless you put the phone into airplane ("offline") mode. Also, if you go abroad the iPhone won;t pick up a network unless you put your sim into another phone, pick up a network and then pop it back into the iphone. You also have to repeat this when you come back home :-(

However they do provide an easy inexpensive solution until the dev team come out with a software unlock!

ok so..so if u dont really travel abroad the only dowside is that you cant connect to itunes( which you only need to do to download music etc) unless you switch on airplane mode, and connect via wifi? that it? sounds good. what about sofware updates, any problems if u update ?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭smackyB

cojomo2 wrote: »
    ok so..so if u dont really travel abroad the only dowside is that you cant connect to itunes( which you only need to do to download music etc) unless you switch on airplane mode, and connect via wifi? that it? sounds good. what about sofware updates, any problems if u update ?

thanks

Well you need itunes to sync all your music etc so it does get kind of annoying - for me anyway. Sorry forgot to mention that you need to restart the phone once you take it out of airplane mode. But that's about it problem-wise, they're pretty reliable. Works with latest 2.1 firmware but 2.2 is coming out soon so I'm hoping it will still work!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

hey im planning on buying a iphone from the north tonight so im a bit pushed on time, if i do so will turbo sim or Rebel simcards unlock the phone so i can use it on vodafone in the south is that right?
    also can someone give me a direct link to one of these unlocking sims the actual product not a website that offers them i just dont want to pick up the wrong one.
    thanks any feedback would be appreciated in abit of a rushed as i said

menuisier wrote: »
    hey im planning on buying a iphone from the north tonight so im a bit pushed on time, if i do so will turbo sim or Rebel simcards unlock the phone so i can use it on vodafone in the south is that right?
    also can someone give me a direct link to one of these unlocking sims the actual product not a website that offers them i just dont want to pick up the wrong one.
    thanks any feedback would be appreciated in abit of a rushed as i said

i was in the dart station the other day and some dude had a notice up on the board with a screenshot of the iphone3g working on vodafone..he claims he can unlock it fully with no downsides..says u can install all updates with no isues..he then gives an email address and says he is based in UCD...if its any help to you i can get the details and pass them on to you..but for the record i don know the guy at all ..just saw the notice ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

I don't have a 3G iPhone to test this theory. Please try this at your own risk and please post results;

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

hey thanks for the quick reply i think i would like to sort it out myself if that possible.
    i just want to be assured before i go home and rip open the iphone from the north then relise down the road i cant get it to work on a vodafone sim that would make me a very sad panda :( can anyone give me the assured i am looking for?

• Advertisement

I don't have a 3G iPhone to test this theory. Please try this at your own risk and please post results;

a ward of warning..when u open this pdf, it prompts you to click on a like that shows you how to unlock iphone3g...this link try to get your pc to open a zipped file...very dodgy and most probably a virus..I WOULDNT CLICK IT.

Advertisement