Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3's Problems

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

TheLoc wrote: »
    No I still have the LG phone. and I like it. Its in a box at home with everything. It would be handy if I could use that when I go out on the beer. I can't bring the iphone out cause it'ss only get fupped. I use a little cheap sagem that does me for them types of nights. I'd love to get that LG unlocked

I still have one and failed to get 3 to unlock it....great phone, never had a complaint with it....still good even by todays standards......it still gets used every now and again for the sessions....if it's going to be wet I take the 5140i it's the only 2g phone that will take my 3 sim.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

ya the new 'promotion' is just to entice you into their more expensive rates. i'm thinking ill start using my vodafone sim again and buy their 500mb thing. when i signed up the 5c texts were a good deal but not anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i can see their point here, they don't have any 2g services, they're a 3g only network. Someone using a 2g phone wouldn't get any coverage in large areas of the country, especially major built up areas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

The staff in the 3 shops seem to want to kick everything up to CC. It's frustrating.

General lack of 3G coverage for large portions of my commute. i find the data services when roaming on 2G hit-and-miss.

long_b wrote: »
    i find the data services when roaming on 2G hit-and-miss.

you're not supposed to be able to get data on 2g at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    you're not supposed to be able to get data on 2g at all

never had a prob with opera mini on three without 3g(I mostly switch off 3g here in the west), although the threepay tariff for that type of data usage seems totally random? Hardly ever use 3 though, and don't mention their Ballina Store hahahaaaaaargh... The one time I had an issue with them, their phone carers on cc were quite good actually!

strecker wrote: »
    never had a prob with opera mini on three without 3g(I mostly switch off 3g here in the west), although the threepay tariff for that type of data usage seems totally random? Hardly ever use 3 though, and don't mention their Ballina Store hahahaaaaaargh... The one time I had an issue with them, their phone carers on cc were quite good actually!

yeah it does seem totally random. sometimes data will work on 3g and then it'll just stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

strecker wrote: »
    don't mention their Ballina Store hahahaaaaaargh...
    They dont have a store in Ballina, their own stores are called 3Store, your thinking of 3G a totally seperate company which also sell meteor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I have to mention CC.

Then there is roaming. When away with friends and texting friends, they tend to get the same message over and over, until I get home 3 lost my company (20 phones) business with this, I wouldn't consider them for business use. CC insist this is every other network... :rolleyes:

Their tariffs are pretty bad too. I'm on an old plan and wouldn't dream of taking one of the newer ones.

I have an O2 SIM to see if the GF gets good O2 coverage (she used not) if so, it's straight to O2 and never to use 3 again.

I was looking forward to 3s launch here but now can't wait to get away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Like most people, my only problem with them is CC, totally a waste of my time ringing them. I'm also with UPC but they are improving and are making genuine efforts to improve, infact I've heard them on the Last Word twice this year already answering to the Public. Haven't heard 3 doing that at all?

They also lie to your face, I rang them up about an upgrade for a particualr phone, they told me they didn't know if that phone would be available on the network at all or when or if at all it would be available. I had been in a 3 store that day and they had it in their upgrade list but didn't have the phone in stock. So blatant lies! And then it appears online two days later. I hate that, why cant they just say that phone will be available in two days can we ring you back when its available! Simple and it serves the customer better.

But besides their abismal CC, the network is fine, good coverage, very little dropped calls or problems. Very reasonable & user friendly tarriffs. They suit me fine at the moment. Do ye remember their Scottish CC, they were very good? I have wrote to them and told them to go back there.

paulm17781 wrote: »
    CC insist this is every other network... :rolleyes:

they've been saying that since i first had the problem mysefl in 2005. in fairness to them they say every single problem that ever happens is either a problem with your phone or anther network's fault

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    Haven't heard 3 doing that at all?
    they have actually. they went on the last word some time in 2007 to give a few stock answers about their broadband improving in a few weeks.

as you can see from the fact that no one ever posts in this thread:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055115306

the problem were all solved :rolleyes:

i can see their point here, they don't have any 2g services, they're a 3g only network. Someone using a 2g phone wouldn't get any coverage in large areas of the country, especially major built up areas

The only place my 5140i has let me down is half way up O'Connell Street and around Croke Park.......and i'm so rarley there it dosen't make a difference....have't tried it in Cork or Limerick yet...works A1 in the countryside...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

The only place my 5140i has let me down is half way up O'Connell Street and around Croke Park.......and i'm so rarley there it dosen't make a difference....have't tried it in Cork or Limerick yet...works A1 in the countryside...
    that "countryside"... that wouldn't be Phoenix Park? :p
    Here in Mayo 3's signal's patchier than Bush's recollection of the last 8 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Other things I thought of... No web texts, no online top up. Can you port from pre - post pay yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

I recently switched from 3Pay to Meteor and here's why:
    • Hard to buy credit. You can only buy it in a shop. No online topup and no ATM topup. That's a bit crap when you run out.
    • The roaming problem mentioned already. I have zero confidence when roaming with 3 that my phone will work and when texting people abroad. The repeating text message problem has been ongoing for years and they've done nothing about it.
    • Their my3 online portal is a joke and it was down more than half the time I wanted to use it.
    • They lack good deals, good offers and good value. It's fairly obvious they have almost no investment in the Irish market and everything they do is half hearted. If they don't really want me as a customer that's fine with me, I switched to someone who does.

paulm17781 wrote: »
    Other things I thought of... No web texts, no online top up. Can you port from pre - post pay yet?

You have been able to port from 3pay to post pay and back for months now. The only thing is you have to go into a store to do it as customer care wont do it. The text thing happened to me last year and yes its very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

they have actually. they went on the last word some time in 2007 to give a few stock answers about their broadband improving in a few weeks.

as you can see from the fact that no one ever posts in this thread:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055115306

the problem were all solved :rolleyes:

I was only on about their phone service not their broadband service. Might be using same network but it's completely different matters. Fair play to them for answering to the public so. Their broadband must be terrible, but I think all mobile broadband is a gimmick.

Anyway besides CC I'm happy enough with them at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

I have been with every network(except tesco)and 3 has been the worst network out of the lot of them..I am currently on 3 now and I cant wait to get new phone so I can switch back to Meteor..I didnt like them because:

1)Customer service is a joke...Took my like 2 weeks to get my puk code off them.
    2)Charging €25 administration fee for getting network unblock code:rolleyes:
    3)Have to go to my 3 to check credit..Have the time it disent even work
    4)Trying to find shops that actually sell 3 credit. Have to go down to carephone wearhouse to get credit for it.
    5)No webtext
    Thats all I can think of right now:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

are you payg or post pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

payg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

that's good, meteor payg is great,
    but billpay has gone to the dogs......

You can buy credit any where that sells normal phone credit and two weeks to get your puk code, are you sure you didnt mean two minutes??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Coverage is brutal outside the Pale.

Caoimhín wrote: »

I think most of the posters here will tell you the coverage is good. How can the coverage be "brutal" if they have a roaming agreement with vodafone? Would that not also mean that vodafone the countries largest operator has brutal coverage???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Caoimhín wrote: »

i got 7 bars of 3g here in the backarse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Maybe its my phone, its a Nokia E65?

• Advertisement

towel401 wrote: »

3)Have to go to my 3 to check credit..Have the time it disent even work
    4)Trying to find shops that actually sell 3 credit. Have to go down to carephone wearhouse to get credit for it.

If my3 isn't working whip out your battery and try again...it should allways work regardless of whether your on vodafone or 3...

you must really be in the back arse of nowhere, every shop around be sells 3 credit.....it's the tesco one you can't get credit for anywhere....

Advertisement