Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin in The Square?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 6:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

How come Virgin pulled out of the Square in Tallaght? Saw them putting up ''River Island'' signs today.

I'd say HMV are creaming themselves with excitement, their business will go up ten fold for xmas, tis a shame as i always found virgin to be cheaper (way back when i actually bought cd's/dvds)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

How come Virgin pulled out of the Square in Tallaght? Saw them putting up ''River Island'' signs today.

I'd say HMV are creaming themselves with excitement, their business will go up ten fold for xmas, tis a shame as i always found virgin to be cheaper (way back when i actually bought cd's/dvds)

Virgin are long gone, they became Zavi ??

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

u wont find many virgins in the square!!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Virgin are long gone, they became Zavi ??

Yup spot on, actually Zavvi.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

BOHSBOHS wrote: »
    u wont find many virgins in the square!!!!:pac:

God dammit, only reason i went onto the thread was to post that. :) The main reason i would say they left the square is that they were in a terrible location. Footfall is very low in that area of the centre and it probably wasnt cost effective when they have more lucrative stores in Blanch and Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Shame there's only a few Zavvis/Virgins left now, miss the one on Henry Street!

Would still prefer HMV though... think they're cheaper - 3 DVDs for €25 against Zavvi's 3 for €30!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

How come Virgin pulled out
    Because virgins don't go all the way! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

God dammit, only reason i went onto the thread was to post that. :) The main reason i would say they left the square is that they were in a terrible location. Footfall is very low in that area of the centre and it probably wasnt cost effective when they have more lucrative stores in Blanch and Dundrum

liffey valley is the most lucrative store believe it or not.

pulled out of tallaght for the reasons stated above, the money the shop did make was offset by the loss from theft. they hadnt got a loss prevention officer in 2 years :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

el rabitos wrote: »
    liffey valley is the most lucrative store believe it or not.

Well that makes sense really, there's no HMV in Liffey Valley and it's a pretty busy centre

Advertisement