Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women mods high on power ??

Options
  • 12-11-2008 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

I don't venture outside the poker forum but it seems that some mods there feel that some women mods are abusing there power in other forums. As a chauvinist myself I cant understand how women were given these powers in the first place esp in a soccer forum ffs.

discussion kicks off post 36752

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=318578&page=1226
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

what is it with people always whinging about mods. Majority of em are grand. I got banned last week for 7 days and i pm'ed the mod that banned me just laughing. He replied just saying he was doing what he had to do. I didnt mind that at all. To many people cant handle the fact someone has a little bit of power. Sad really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

why women are even allowed vote is beyond me. I think CuLt should be given a big lovely leather chair and have those female fools scrub the floors of the database. Then blame them when things go wrong.

My guess is because, from a boards.ie ltd. point of view, it's cheaper to insure women as moderators.

Don't worry, as long as cuLT doesn't get his sex change, we're all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

driving as well, thats another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

But seriously, a women in charge of the soccer forum? It was bad enough giving PHB a mod job in there but to then get a baby maker in there aswell is shocking imo.

Are there no cooking forums for her to look after?

Are there no cooking forums for her to look after?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=251
    ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

She was only made a mod so she could check if the fella's needed their beers refilled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

zuroph wrote: »

Even better, I knew we had forum which provided the women a place to hang out together.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=610

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Don't worry about it. It's just nature's way of teaching you keyboard jockeys what to expect if you ever venture out of your bedrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

nevf wrote: »
    why women are even allowed vote is beyond me. I think CuLt should be given a big lovely leather chair and have those female fools scrub the floors of the database. Then blame them when things go wrong.

My guess is because, from a boards.ie ltd. point of view, it's cheaper to insure women as moderators.

Even if a comment is very true but sexist are we allowed to post it, in other words are we allowed to post the truth :confused::confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ah. Another timely reminder of why I never go into that poker forum.
    Well done guys.
    /slow hand clap.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Well done guys.
    /slow hand clap.

You're welcome.

Well done guys.
    /slow hand clap.
    high_horse.jpg
    come off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

high_horse.jpg
    come off it.

Ah,a lolhighhorse pic. I see what you did there.

Nerin wrote: »
    Ah,a lolhighhorse pic. I see what you did there.
    how very astute of you.

how very astute of you.

And how very original of you. If i was wearing a hat,i'd take it off to you. I might even do a little bow or curtsy,depending on mood,phase of the moon,wind direction etc

high_horse.jpg
    come off it.

I see what you did there. Nothin' much gets past ole Bollocko these days.
    Tell you what though. Ole Bollocko also knows what a lady looks like with her clothes off. P'raps that might be the missing link y'all need to help you with your resentment of the fairer gender.
    But you guys would probably need a big buy-in for that ace to show up in the river eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Not high on power but aroused by it constantly and the more forums we mod the more intense it is, why I have gone through 2 usb plug and play vibrators already this month.
    They work with a speical script every time I use the modutlis, oh I can't stand it any more I am off to find someone to ban for no reason so I can have another orgasm

Nerin wrote: »
    And how very original of you. If i was wearing a hat,i'd take it off to you. I might even do a little bow or curtsy,depending on mood,phase of the moon,wind direction etc
    the least u could do is post a lolcat "i saloot u" or similar.

cheer up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Not high on power but aroused by it constantly and the more forums we mod the more intense it is, why I have gone through 2 usb plug and play vibrators already this month.
    They work with a speical script every time I use the modutlis, oh I can't stand it any more I am off to find someone to ban for no reason so I can have another orgasm

For a second there I thought I had somehow gained access to the Sex & Sexuality forum...:D

the least u could do is post a lolcat "i saloot u" or similar.

cheer up.

No lolcats for you. Now,lolhedgehogs maybe. Due to a shipping error i'm overstocked,and passing the savings on to everyone. Lolcats on the otherhand,are being kept for special folk.

• Advertisement

I see what you did there. Nothin' much gets past ole Bollocko these days.
    Tell you what though. Ole Bollocko also knows what a lady looks like with her clothes off. P'raps that might be the missing link y'all need to help you with your resentment of the fairer gender.
    But you guys would probably need a big buy-in for that ace to show up in the river eh?
    brilliant, drag out the stereotypes. way to back up your arguement.
    let me match fire with fire.
    Dr. Bollocko know what a woman looks like naked because he sits in front of his pc all day.

wow, stereotypes really are funny.

i believe im supposed to use this.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Personally, I get high on good, intellectual stimulus, such as reasoned debate, intelligent insight or even just a well structured opinion.

Dealing with morons who can't read the rules doesn't give me any sort of high. Not even a quick buzz.

brilliant, drag out the stereotypes. way to back up your arguement.
    let me match fire with fire.
    Dr. Bollocko know what a woman looks like naked because he sits in front of his pc all day.

wow, stereotypes really are funny.

i believe im supposed to use this.
    :pac:

In future I'd stick with the unoriginal pictures and the absolute minimum of your own input if I were you good buddy. Keeps up the ole air of mystique. Women like that.
    Write that down btw. I'll give you a few more tips if you're good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

I don't agree with the wording of the OP, and the general tone of his post.

However, I do feel that a mod, whether male or female, should be in tune with the general nature of the forum they mod, and the people who use it. The mod in question, imo, is very heavy handed when it comes to locking threads, outlawing certain behavior etc. It often strikes me that this is a result of the mod being totally subjective, and not applying any sort of objectivity to the decision.

Earlier today, a thread was started by a regular poster in Soccer, and a mod himself, about Pat Dolan, including a picture of Pat in a takeaway restaurant. It was well received by the majority, and I think anyone who is in anyway familiar with Soccer, would have seen the funny side of the pic/thread. However, the mod in question didn't agree, and locked it.

For me, this, and many other decisions, aren't in line with what the vast majority of the users of the soccer forum feel.

With all that said, I am now prepared for the onslaught of posts labeling me a 'sexist' or telling me how the soccer forum is a 'difficult forum to mod'.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

nicnicnic wrote: »
    I don't venture outside the poker forum but it seems that some the mods there feel that some women are abusing there power in other forums. As a chauvinist myself I cant understand how women were given these powers in the first place esp in a soccer forum ffs.

discussion kicks off post 36752

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=318578&page=1226

Nicky, your name and avatar seems to give your female status away a tad. Your post was tongue in cheek was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

GuanYin wrote: »
    Personally, I get high on good, intellectual stimulus, such as reasoned debate, intelligent insight or even just a well structured opinion.

Dealing with morons who can't read the rules doesn't give me any sort of high. Not even a quick buzz.

I blame Nicola for starting this thread, tut tut, Nicola

Nicola see what you've started, not all women get the BBV/poker sense of humour as well as you do . It is funny what bollocky said though, I see what he did there.

Guanyin, why pick the soccer forum for your highs? seems like you'd get quite the reverse in there....

Nicola btw is one of Irelands premier feminists, she even refuses to grow her hair, (which is very fetching btw ninicnic)

In future I'd stick with the unoriginal pictures and the absolute minimum of your own input if I were you good buddy. Keeps up the ole air of mystique. Women like that.
    Write that down btw. I'll give you a few more tips if you're good.
    try go fcuk urself. :)

not personal abuse. rather, a retort to it.

thread is far enough off topic. the moderation was extremely heavy handed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Gordon wrote: »
    Nicky, your name and avatar seems to give your female status away a tad. Your post was tongue in cheek was it?

see abuse of power, shocking behavior

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

GuanYin wrote: »

wait, so you're not actually a woman? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

However, I do feel that a mod, whether male or female, should be in tune with the general nature of the forum they mod, and the people who use it. The mod in question, imo, is very heavy handed when it comes to locking threads, outlawing certain behavior etc. It often strikes me that this is a result of the mod being totally subjective, and not applying any sort of objectivity to the decision.

I wondered when you'd show up.

I'll take the case at hand in direct reference to your point below, but regarding your broader charge about, no doubt, posting "girly pics" in the soccer forum, no matter how much you want it to be, boards.ie soccer forum is not football365. We've worked VERY hard to make it so.

If you want a 365-like site, go there, stay there, enjoy it. The soccer forum is for the dicussion of soccer. PERIOD.

I'll grant you there is an off-topic thread, but that is for forum interaction, not for, as you have, the posting of a page full of scantly clad women. There is a slydice forum for that, go there.

I'll say this straight now. If the off-topic thread becomes more trouble that it is worth, such as your point here, I'll lock it for good and we'll keep the forum purely for soccer dicussion.
    Earlier today, a thread was started by a regular poster in Soccer, and a mod himself, about Pat Dolan, including a picture of Pat in a takeaway restaurant. It was well received by the majority, and I think anyone who is in anyway familiar with Soccer, would have seen the funny side of the pic/thread. However, the mod in question didn't agree, and locked it.

The general topic of the thread was "look at this candid picture of a soccer personality (who I have never heard of) eating at 2am in burger king - see how fat and ugly he is...huzzah"

Now, apart from the fact the thread was against the forum ules on abuse (because the thread was all about abusing the personality involved), why exactly why you think this merits discussion in the soccer forum is beyond me, but I'll save you a retort... it doesn't.

Again, if you want to talk about that kinda shit, go to 365. Here, let me link it for you.

For me, this, and many other decisions, aren't in line with what the vast majority of the users of the soccer forum feel.

The vast majority of users post there abiding by the rules 99% of the time. Just because you aren't happy, don't speak for everyone else.

With all that said, I am now prepared for the onslaught of posts labeling me a 'sexist' or telling me how the soccer forum is a 'difficult forum to mod'.

Modding the forum is easy, dealing with the level of idiocy that comes out of the forum is difficult.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement