Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women mods high on power ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Chong wrote: »
    There quite alot of users these days that are paying customers.

who get added benifits by subscribing. you don't get free reign to be a moron because one subscribes

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

GuanYin wrote: »

The general topic of the thread was "look at this candid picture of a soccer personality (who I have never heard of) eating at 2am in burger king - see how fat and ugly he is...huzzah"

Sorry, but if you don't even know who Pat Dolan is/looks like, you shouldn't be a mod of a soccer forum imo.

ntlbell wrote: »
    I'm really suprised at some of the posts in this thread.

GuanYin is one of the most level headed mods on boards and really trys to let soccer flow as much as she can given how hard of a forum it is to mod.

there is plenty of awful female mods but GuanYin is not one of them.

get a grip on yourself lads.

To be fair I haven't given any abuse towards her and actually disagree with the OP of this thread. Also, look at the "Thanks" of the OP, not OT regs are they?

She may be all the things you say but it's not shining through in this instance. one to bury under the rug when putting together a modding CV me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

who get added benifits by subscribing. you don't get free reign to be a moron because one subscribes

nor do you because youre a mod of soccer

Lao Lao wrote: »
    Sorry, but if you don't even know who Pat Dolan is/looks like, you shouldn't be a mod of a soccer forum imo.

Nonsense

what does zaph know about being a lady and he mods the ladies lounge?

wait; fair point.

• Advertisement

Can i just add that anyone who wants anything added to the Helpdesk thread, PM me and I'll put it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

One other thing, off-topic/general chit-chat threads are the most popular threads in pretty much every forum in which they exist. I've never posted in the soccer OTT thread, mainly because the poker forum thread is so good. I kinda think every forum could do with a thread like this. See the bar in BGRH, the lair in the nocturnal forum and my own personal favorite Stains in the mustard forum.

Also note, as far as I am aware,none of the mods of any of these forums have problems with these threads.
    Nerin wrote: »
    Boards is not a dem...damn beaten to it. :) still though,your point is valid,but would be more so if users were all paying customers. I don't agree with forum regulars having to suffer though,especially when its over people that could easily just be banned if they are causing trouble. I actually do hope that the regulars that aren't the usual idiotic stereotype playing muppets get their thread back.

I was thinking more of advertising revenue than paying customers.

Helix wrote: »
    nor do you because youre a mod of soccer

Of course not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Ntlbell explain how have I been a moron especially coming from yourself and certain threads of late.

I am not fault, I never act the moron in the soccer forum ever and I say that with confidence.

I didnt ask for my favourite thread to be closed. If you want continue with your brown nosing it wont get you anywhere.

Can i just add that anyone who wants anything added to the Helpdesk thread, PM me and I'll put it in.
    Add everything from this farce!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

But not everyone. Do you want to see boards become only viewable to those that pay?then such arguements would have more validity

Fair point, but why get rid of a thread that makes a large forum more easily manageable for mods just to prove a point? That thread caused no trouble and it made the place a more enjoyable and hospitable forum. It would be one thing if tensions were high in, people were regularly getting banned in it. The fact is they aren't. Even from the point of view of a this place 'dictatorship and not a democracy', why take away something that makes the people happy considering it is not a pain in the ass to implement and maintain?

Chong wrote: »
    Ntlbell explain how have I been a moron especially coming from yourself and certain threads of late.

I am not fault, I never act the moron in the soccer forum ever and I say that with confidence.

I didnt ask for my favourite thread to be closed. If you want continue with your brown nosing it wont get you anywhere.

Sorry?

I never called you a moron, and how am I a moron? because I dislike Liverpool?

I'm a brown noser? lol how little you know...

please..

Sorry?

I never called you a moron, and how am I a moron? because I dislike Liverpool?

I'm a brown noser? lol how little you know...

please..
    I have picked you up wrong in that case, and apologies are in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

GY response in the helpdesk thread, wow.:pac:

She really does come accross as a right wench.

Are you serious? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Said by people who've never had to mod a chat thread. Sorry lads,but it is very difficult to keep an eye on. To be fair though,the regulars usually help out in these cases with reports. Usually :p

I know we arent the best of mates T4TF, but can you give your honest opinion in this, no matter what it may be, it would be nice to get another soccer mods opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Said by people who've never had to mod a chat thread. Sorry lads,but it is very difficult to keep an eye on. To be fair though,the regulars usually help out in these cases with reports. Usually :p

I didn't suggest they were easy to mod, but they are most definitely popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Well if it is an incredibly difficult thread to mod and causes alot of hassle to all the mods then I'll take back what I said. But from my experience with the OTT it has served to boost the overall forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Of course. Do you honestly 100% agree with her reasons for locking the OTT? Her reasoning is absurd and amazingly childish.

"wah wah wah, if they said sorry I would of opened it again wah wah wah, I'm talking my ball and goin home now wah wah wah wah."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I have no opinion/statement to make on the topic of the OTT. I am however grateful to the Mod that saw fit to close the Pat Dolan thread, a thread that has no place in the soccer forum imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Wreck wrote: »
    I didn't suggest they were easy to mod, but they are most definitely popular.

Very popular,hence the difficulty. Problem is though,sometimes something is popular but too much trouble,and gets nuked. It may be an unpopular decision,but it doesn't give users the right to hurl abuse. Of course they should voice their opinions,but in a better manner than they have here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

O

"wah wah wah, if they said sorry I would of opened it again wah wah wah, I'm talking my ball and goin home now wah wah wah wah."

/me does best eddie murphy laugh

that was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Why can't another soccer forum mod create another "off-topic" thread and play it by their rules? Rinse, repeat etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Just like to add my displeasure of the closing of the OT thread, it was a fantastic addition to the soccer fourm.

How about if Guan Yuan is not happy to mod a non soccer thread in a soccer fourm, she doesnt and let another soccer mod do it, perhaps Dub13 as he posts in the thread quite abit. Its not a very difficult thread to mod anyways as there is such a laid back friendly athmosphere there anyways.

Anyways I hope this issue can be resolved soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

hotspur wrote: »
    I think if there's a lesson here is that someone who is a mod of the paranormal forum shouldn't be allowed within 500 yards of being a mod of the soccer forum irrespective of gender. You'll notice in this thread that the people backing her up are mods of the paranormal or paganism type forums. I imagine being a mod of the soccer forum requires having a bit more "cop on" than you are likely to get from the "ghosts are real, btw I'm a witch brigade".

I have reported the rest of your post for being abusive and now will address the first part.

Firstly my personal spiritual and religious beliefs do not factor into my replies here and you would do well not to try and use them and the service I do modding certain forum to try and detract from me.

Secondly gender should not come into to this what so ever you are right,
    the thread title alone is a disgrace.

Thirdly Off topic threads are new, chat and banter was always frown on most forums so they are an experiment, it can happen that new memeber who come to the site to post in just one forum have been using them to avoid posting about topics on the rest of the site.

Even Off Topic threads have their limits and mod have to know where the line is to encourage people to move out of the forum and in to one more appropriate. If posters don't get this and don't follow mod direction then stern action has to be taken. Unfortunately that plus abuse for those mod actions has caused the thread to be closed.

Fourthly I think it is a shame this has happened but it has taken the poster and the mods for this to happen. Posters have to accept they can not throw thier weight around and ignore mod directives and not get into indept discussion of topic which are suited else where. Once people cop on to that and stop being nasty I am sure the thread will be re opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I'd disagree that they are difficult. Usually very straightforward really. If things are going a bit too far a word from a mod to the community usually sets things back on track again.

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Why can't another soccer forum mod create another "off-topic" thread and play it by their rules? Rinse, repeat etc.
    LOL you dont know the soccer forum then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Very popular,hence the difficulty. Problem is though,sometimes something is popular but too much trouble,and gets nuked. It may be an unpopular decision,but it doesn't give users the right to hurl abuse. Of course they should voice their opinions,but in a better manner than they have here.
    thats not the argument here though, as the thread itself was no trouble.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I have reported the rest of your post for being abusive and now will address the first part.

Firstly my personal spiritual and religious beliefs do not factor into my replies here and you would do well not to try and use them and the service I do modding certain forum to try and detract from me.

Secondly gender should not come into to this what so ever you are right,
    the thread title alone is a disgrace.

Thirdly Off topic threads are new, chat and banter was always frown on most forums so they are an experiment, it can happen that new memeber who come to the site to post in just one forum have been using them to avoid posting about topics on the rest of the site.

Even Off Topic threads have their limits and mod have to know where the line is to encourage people to move out of the forum and in to one more appropriate. If posters don't get this and don't follow mod direction then stern action has to be taken. Unfortunately that plus abuse for those mod actions has caused the thread to be closed.

Fourthly I think it is a shame this has happened but it has taken the poster and the mods for this to happen. Posters have to accept they can not throw thier weight around and ignore mod directives and not get into indept discussion of topic which are suited else where. Once people cop on to that and stop being nasty I am sure the thread will be re opened.
    Directives? Thaed you crack me up :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Well I do, and like any other thread it is moderated by posts we see and by reported posts of those we don't if things get out of hand. I doubt any mod of a busy forum reads every post of every thread in their forum, that's what reported posts are for. Posters in forums deserve to be treated fairly, and this is grossly unfair (in the context of anything unfair happening onth einterweb of course). Of course mods deserve respect too, but there was nothing abusive apart from semi trollish crap (by members of the poker fourm admittedly, but what they do outside of there etc etc) until that thread got locked.

I am in no way attacking you Nerin, I don't know you from Adam, but your defence of GY in this instance confuses the hell out of me.

How can any fair minded person accept this as her perogitive?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement