Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women mods high on power ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

stevenmu wrote: »
    No, the responses to the closing are the most petty childish thing that's happened on these forums in a long time.
    Care to explain why then?

* I am off to bed , I have had enough of this for today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ntlbell wrote: »
    but forums don't have an automatic right to OTT threads

so she could of just said no to it in the first place?

Of course she can, but why would she want to say no to it?

I dont know how the lads who own this site want mods to act, but my guess from what I have seen of most other decent mods is they want mods to make sure the rules arent broken and do what they can to make the forum as good as it can be.

It seems to be that GY things she is the overload of the soccer forum, and what she says goes and everyone should bow down infront of her and thank her for modding the soccer forum to how she see's fit. That's BS.

On any other forum I regularly read/post in if I had an idea for a new thread I'd usually PM a mod and they'd probaly throw up a poll asking the forum if they like'd the idea. They would never turn around and say "No, I dont agree with that so it isnt happening." If they didnt like it, they'd atleast PM the other forums mods and see how they felt about it and go from there.

It's also a bit of a joke that major decisions made on the soccer forum arent made as a joint decision by all the mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Cos people could be grown ups like some of the other posters and ask politey for it to be unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Chong wrote: »
    Fupping Excellent post !!

Was waiting for you to arrive , damn timezones!

+1 - Very well put

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nope, you have just misinterpreted something that somebody has said. A review of bans is nothing like a clean slate type of thing.

Do you want to toss out any more abuse while you are here rasta ?

What more do you want? I haven't abused anyone in this thread so far.

Even the fact that the Cmod is mentioning to a known banned member of the soccer form that he will review his ban , seems to me that you are giving some banned members a clean slate. I'm sure you'll spin it different though or come up with some more witty plain answers.

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Cos people could be grown ups like some of the other posters and ask politey for it to be unlocked.

:pac: That's all they ever want.

"No please dont take your football home, it's the only one we have and we cant play on without it."
    "Okay, we'll since you said sorry I'll stay for a bit longer, but as soon as someone says anything bad to me I am going again okay? And it's only fair I get a penalty out of this aswell."

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

stevenmu wrote: »
    No, the responses to the closing are the most petty childish thing that's happened on these forums in a long time.

Are you really serious? This thread would have died hours ago if it wasn't for a totally kneejerk reaction to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Of course she can, but why would she want to say no to it?

I dont know how the lads who own this site want mods to act, but my guess from what I have seen of most other decent mods is they want mods to make sure the rules arent broken and do what they can to make the forum as good as it can be.

It seems to be that GY things she is the overload of the soccer forum, and what she says goes and everyone should bow down infront of her and thank her for modding the soccer forum to how she see's fit. That's BS.

On any other forum I regularly read/post in if I had an idea for a new thread I'd usually PM a mod and they'd probaly throw up a poll asking the forum if they like'd the idea. They would never turn around and say "No, I dont agree with that so it isnt happening." If they didnt like it, they'd atleast PM the other forums mods and see how they felt about it and go from there.

It's also a bit of a joke that major decisions made on the soccer forum arent made as a joint decision by all the mods.

one reason might be i can't speak for her as she didn#'t say no to it is the soccer forum has a very bad history it's been totally closed down before

it's one of the most volitile forums on boards with some of the hardest bunch of posters to mod cause we're all a bit mad :D

so when you get a volitile group like that posting in an OTT things can get seriously out of a hand (not that they did) so i'm assuming the strict conditions were put on that one thread because of the bad past the forum has

as i said i'm not agreeing with the closure of the thread or it was handled well but the conditions that were imposed were not met

Guan Yin, Thanks For The Fish,

Can we have the Off Topic Thread in Soccer unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

1)"Im taking my ball and going home"
    2) "**** we better act like grown ups to get the board back"

the OP isnt about the offtopic thread BTW, it was about a seperate thread. so the Feedback complaint about the OTT excuse doesnt fly.

• Advertisement

get on your knees while ur at it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Tree, decisions in the soccer forum are mostly taken with all of the soccer mods and the Smod of sports.

This was one of those that was not but that does not mean that anything that has happened since is in any way justified. The decision on whether or not it was justified and how the OT thread comes back is one that will be made between the soccer mods and that at least should make you happy eh.

I am also sure that GY does not see herself as the overlord of the soccer forum. I know this for a fact.

It also appears that because a decision that you don't like has been made you have seen it as a reason to come on and abuse GY here and I think that you should really take a look at yourself and your behaviour on this thread regardless of the outcome. If you went off on one like this in the soccer forum you would be out already, regardless of the provocation and our recent "wave of good modding".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

make_love_not_war.gif:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

internetseriousbusinessto3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

columbo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

as i said i'm not agreeing with the closure of the thread or it was handled well but the conditions that were imposed were not met

As already mentioned, that's a total cop out. First off it was a dumb rule to begin with but no one could point that out because we can't discuss the rules. Secondly, given the success of the OT thread, it seems a shame to close it for (supposedly) breaching a rule that can be changed at any time by the mods.

internetseriousbusinessto3.jpg

Surprised at how long this took to appear.

one reason might be i can't speak for her as she didn#'t say no to it is the soccer forum has a very bad history it's been totally closed down before

it's one of the most volitile forums on boards with some of the hardest bunch of posters to mod cause we're all a bit mad :D

so when you get a volitile group like that posting in an OTT things can get seriously out of a hand (not that they did) so i'm assuming the strict conditions were put on that one thread because of the bad past the forum has

I used to post of Soccer alot, it was usually just the Muppet and Hobart constantly Flirting with each other and it never really got too out of hand. the **** would only really hit the fan when it was a Pool vs United game, then it was quality.

RasTa wrote: »
    What more do you want? I haven't abused anyone in this thread so far.

Even the fact that the Cmod is mentioning to a known banned member of the soccer form that he will review his ban , seems to me that you are giving some banned members a clean slate. I'm sure you'll spin it different though or come up with some more witty plain answers.
    Witty, plain answers I am not sure whether that is some nature of thinly veiled compliment.

Anyway, you don't consider calling me useless after you got something wrong abusive? There will be a review of the currently banned members at the end of the season, these will be taken on a case by case basis Some terms and conditions may be applied

There was an announcement at the top of the soccer forum for quite some time about it. Nowhere though was there a suggestion of a clean slate for currently permabanned members.

Tree, decisions in the soccer forum are mostly taken with all of the soccer mods and the Smod of sports.

This was one of those that was not but that does not mean that anything that has happened since is in any way justified. The decision on whether or not it was justified and how the OT thread comes back is one that will be made between the soccer mods and that at least should make you happy eh.

I am also sure that GY does not see herself as the overlord of the soccer forum. I know this for a fact.

It also appears that because a decision that you don't like has been made you have seen it as a reason to come on and abuse GY here and I think that you should really take a look at yourself and your behaviour on this thread regardless of the outcome. If you went off on one like this in the soccer forum you would be out already, regardless of the provocation and our recent "wave of good modding".

I certainly dont think I have abused her, and I certainly havent said anything that that anyone looking at this impartial would disagree with. A few posts, like the picture one were done as a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Xavi6 wrote: »
    You have moaned and moaned about how much hassle you modding soccer and politics. Well if you don't like doing it then gtfo. Closing a thread because it's 'easier' for you is not the proper way to mod a forum.

I don't think I've moaned and moaned about modding, I've moaned about people being idiots.

You of all people remember that I very clearly set some ground rules down for the OTT.

You also know that I always uphold the rules set down.

Exactly why should I make an exception here? Why not ask the person who knew the rules (or should have) why they did exactly what was required to close the thread to further their own agenda?
    I have nothing but time for you and you know that but this is ridiculous.
    I agree, I expected this issue to resolved by people discussing the issue maturely. I didn't expect a tirade of abuse.
    Far less moderation than any other thread in the forum. Are you forgetting that a lot of us regulars have access to the reported posts section? I would like to the details of how many reported posts there have actually been from that thread. You could probably count them on one hand.
    Reading every post is moderation in itself (and often painful) and while there is rarely trouble, the fact is, we have to watch it closely, there have been issues with it before you know (you reported posts, Des asked for many posts to be deleted that gave out personal details on him) and other occasions. Of course this is all beside the point.

We gave the conditions, everyone should have known them.
    Charlie broke them.

Des broke them before and closed the thread, we sorted it maturely that time, no abuse, no feedback threads, an acknowledgement and away we went.
    The thread has also had a knock on positive effect on the rest of the forum and has gone a long way to releaving tensions between rival fans.

For example, now that I know Neil1984 I won't go thinking he's nothing more than a rag bastard around Manchester derby time. He's merely another football fan and a good lad.
    Then really people shouldn't be reacting the way they are reacting.
    Then use your feckin mod power and ban them ffs. Don't punish the rest of us.
    No.

You see there is a collective responibility amongst yourselves too, which is why we set the "feedback" rule to begin with, that was the deal we made when we started the thread.

Again, if you don't like a little complaint then soccer isn't the place for you. Nothing to do with gender, nothing to with you as a person. It's the same for anyone. If it's too much hassle then don't do it.
    I'm fine with complaint as well you know, I'm also fine with following through, which is all I'm doing here.

Again I would like evidence to back up the statement that it's 'more trouble thatn it's worth'.
    Read this thread. It seems the soccer forum posters think that we're here to serve. We're here to moderate soccer.
    FFS the Spurs v Pool thread wasn't closed and there was far more trouble in that. Same for the City/Pool thread. Jeez, I even PM'd mods with regard to that thread and sweet FA was done, yet toys are thrown out of the pram over this.

Let me be clear.

I'm not upset about any aspect of the OP in this thread.

The minute Charlie started his gripe, the OTT thread death knoll was sounded.

I mistook Zuroph for another posted, my mistake, that is noted. He's just a troll it seems :p
    The bottom line is that the OT thread is, in most people's opinions, now a vital part of soccer forum. For too long the forum was accussed of housing tribalism yet this has pretty much all gone out the window with the simple creation of a fun thread.

Locking it will cause more problems than it will fix.

The tribalism has just shifted to be honest, as is evident here. But aside from anything else, the thread will reopen when the abuse stops and I know that the initial conditions we agreed on will be kept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Anyway, you don't consider calling me useless after you got something wrong abusive?

Not at all no it was down to your one sentence responses. At least GY was putting her reasoning forward for locking the thread.

Anyway I forgot how sensitive you get when something is directed at you so I'll leave it at that.

Does hat mean that abusing people as a joke is okay ? Mmmm, I will have to take that one under advisement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Yes.

When the abuse stops and the ground rules we set at the start are acknowledged.

Does hat mean that abusing people as a joke is okay ? Mmmm, I will have to take that one under advisement.

If she/you/anyone else finds the picture offensive, report it. Surely as a Mod you should know what to do by now?

RasTa wrote: »
    Not at all no it was down to your one sentence responses. At least GY was putting her reasoning forward for locking the thread.

Anyway I forgot how sensitive you get when something is directed at you so I'll leave it at that.
    Why waste more words than necessary to get a point across? I could dress my response to you up in more words if you like but since we have already established your low attention span and your willingness to read into things messages that were clearly not there in the previous two posts it is probably safer to keep it as concise as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

GuanYin wrote: »
    I don't think I've moaned and moaned about modding, I've moaned about people being idiots.

You of all people remember that I very clearly set some ground rules down for the OTT.

You also know that I always uphold the rules set down.

Exactly why should I make an exception here? Why not ask the person who knew the rules (or should have) why they did exactly what was required to close the thread to further their own agenda?

Again this comes down to the black and white modding I mentioned in my last post. I thought those days were over but if they aren't then I expect widespread bannings and thread closures.

Thanks for replying but I simply don't agree with your overall stance.

As for tribalism shifting, I really see that as a moot point outside the soccer forum, which is all that really matters at the end of the day.

GuanYin wrote: »
    Yes.

When the abuse stops and the ground rules we set at the start are acknowledged.

Good. No hard feelings on my part. I just hope that posters like charlie aren't blackballed as a result of this as I feel, and I'm sure many others agree, that this is a much bigger deal than it should be and as such should be put aside and forgotten once resolved.

I'm now going to bed. Goodnight.

out of curiosity where are the rules posted for the off topic thread? I cant seem to find them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

OTT goes way OTT and the mod issue warning/directive
    Mod warning/directive is ignored by posters
    Mod get sterner with them

this never happened

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement