Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women mods high on power ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Would social groups not be a better idea than these off topic threads anyway?

P.S. That girl is hot. All those who say otherwise are wrong and will have their right to an opinion revoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

6th wrote: »
    Actually Nicky is a guy ...

Even more ironic! A self loather?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

GuanYin wrote: »
    They're not too hot on multitasking.

That girl isn't even that hot..... :confused:

Its a bad picture this ones better.

270608243_4e172d8e57.jpg

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

These discussions take place in a Off Topic Thread within soccer, the purpose of which is for a everything other than soccer to be discussed. Is it that wrong that a number of us who watch the program talk about it and its stars there, rather than saying 'Oi fellas head on over to T.V with me where we can discuss the merits of Entourage'

The Off Topic Thread has developed into a real good spirited community with the Soccer forum, and it is a credit to the forum. It has become a place where alot of the regulars have gotten to know eachother, shared highs and lows, and just generally have a bit of craic.

I am aware of the off topic thread and it's function, mentioning tv shows is one thing but longer discussions are meant for the tv forum.

Why would you not put a link in there and say just that ?
    Worried your mates would not follow ?

I am glad you think it is developing community cos that way posters are less likely to wreck threads and the forums and will respect posters more as they get to know them but if it's being used to have full blown discussions that should be held else where and is a pain in the arse for the mods making more work then it is worth then things should change or it should go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

That's just sad and pathetic. I'm not gonna even bother complaining. You know how much that thread means to alot of people.

I do indeed, however, that thread is a privilidge, not a right, it is a thread that requires moderation and responsibility because it lies loosely outside the forum remit, this takes time which ultimately falls on us.

If you guys want to act like dicks when we set rules and push us like we're denying you some god given right, then why on earth should I waste my time?

Frankly there are a few people who think that they can act whatever way they want and abuse mods to get their way.

That thread was an act of good faith by the soccer forum mods. In this thread alone, two posters have thrown that back in our face. Thats enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Ok I am truly at loss here, completely!

I knew nothing of this thread at all, then all of sudden possibly my favourite thread in the Soccer forum being Off Topic Thread is closed over this?

I hope this is a joke, cause I for one along with so many Soccer forum posters will most certainly be outraged by the Off Topic Thread closure.

I am absolutely gutted, and this no doubt will ruin what the football forum has become for me, I just find very hard to express what I feel about this right now, but I am outraged absolutely outraged.

Charlie Mc Hugh
    DES
    Neil1984
    Frisbee
    Mr Alan
    Alan Murphy
    Xavi6

I hope they come on here and express their disgust with this decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

for the record ;
    Closing the off topic thread was a ridiculously immature "I'm taking my ball and going home" move. the thread became "too much trouble" according to her closing statement. a wind up thread in feedback is now "too much trouble"??! christ, kev himself didnt even complain!

Way to prove a point about heavy-handedness.

I do indeed, however, that thread is a privilidge, not a right, it is a thread that requires moderation and responsibility because it lies loosely outside the forum remit, this takes time which ultimately falls on us.

If you guys want to act like dicks when we set rules and push us like we're denying you some god given right, then why on earth should I waste my time?

Frankly there are a few people who think that they can act whatever way they want and abuse mods to get their way.

That thread was an act of good faith by the soccer forum mods. In this thread alone, two posters have thrown that back in our face. Thats enough for me.
    You are really making it yourself sound like a Teacher/Principal here GuanYin , this is uncalled for. The rhetoric of your post reeks off a dictatorship, to close the most popular thread in the soccer forum is riduculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,707 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

im gutted :( was just about to post my 5000 post in the soccer Off Topic thread. Hope to god its going to be reinstated as its the best thread on boards for a lot of the soccer forum users. Would be a massive loss and a massive set back for the soccer community (which didn't really exist as a community before the OT thread).

(P.S 5000, go me...)

Being a mod is a priviledge not a right. If u dont want to do the job, let someone else take ur place, dont lock up the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

This has to be a joke, or else I think GuanYin has badly misjudged the tone and intent of this thread. Either way its the best drama in feedback for ages, oh how I missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

It will stay closed until people get the points about "good faith" and "privilege vs. right".

Newsflash: Boards.ie is a dictatorship.

Regarding too much trouble? The second I have to take crap from zuroph or charlie mchugh for something that isn't required in the soccer forum is the secon it became too much trouble.
    zuroph wrote:
    Being a mod is a priviledge not a right. If u dont want to do the job, let someone else take ur place, dont lock up the shop.
    Yes, I mod a soccer discussion forum and that is what I'll be doing.

zuroph wrote: »

Ah there we go. Wondered when you'd quit the trying to be fun facade and start a fight the powah. Kudos. Ten minutes longer than expected.

Nerin wrote: »
    Ah there we go. Wondered when you'd quit the trying to be fun facade and start a fight the powah. Kudos. Ten minutes longer than expected.
    i'm not the one who made this thread "the serious thread for serious people"

I strongly believe the thread in Soccer is all tongue in cheek, there are no bans or trouble happening there. If anything its brought the community on the Soccer forum together.

This really does need investigation by Admins here. GuanYin you are a mod of a forum,

a) Your a mod
    b) You dont own the forum
    c) You arent paid by boards to do a job, you volunteer
    d) You cannot treat people like children, this is not school you are not the teacher.
    e) The forum is place of fun , fun = soccer

i'm not the one who made this thread "the serious thread for serious people"

But youre certainly adapting well to it. You'd make a great specimen in a lab for those evolution folk. Kudos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

You know thats not how the situation is, or the nature of the criticism, yet you seem to thrive on these Master/servant style confrontations.

Both your words and actions are bang out of order.

It will stay closed until people get the points about "good faith" and "privilege vs. right".

Newsflash: Boards.ie is a dictatorship.

Regarding too much trouble? The second I have to take crap from zuroph or charlie mchugh for something that isn't required in the soccer forum is the secon it became too much trouble.

Yes, I mod a soccer discussion forum and that is what I'll be doing.
    Well if its a dictatorship, and the minions leave what have you left to dictate?

I am sorry but this sort of attitude is out of order no matter what way you look at.

PHB, TFTF, Kdjac, Dub13? Where are they?

Heck Dub13 is regular poster in the OTT thread.

Chong wrote: »
    I strongly believe the thread in Soccer is all tongue in cheek, there are no bans or trouble happening there. If anything its brought the community on the Soccer forum together.

This really does need investigation by Admins here. GuanYin you are a mod of a forum,

a) Your a mod
    b) You dont own the forum
    c) You arent paid by boards to do a job, you volunteer
    d) You cannot treat people like children, this is not school you are not the teacher.
    e) The forum is place of fun , fun = soccer

Its not the fun forum. Its the soccer forum. So there. :p the admins get the mods to mind the place,keep it tidy,and keep trouble and trouble makers down. If it becomes trouble a mod is entitled to lock it.

Its not the fun forum. Its the soccer forum. So there. :p the admins get the mods to mind the place,keep it tidy,and keep trouble and trouble makers down. If it becomes trouble a mod is entitled to lock it.
    There is no trouble thats the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Namesco wrote: »
    Even if a comment is very true but sexist are we allowed to post it, in other words are we allowed to post the truth :confused::confused:

Chong wrote: »
    There is no trouble thats the point.

Feedback bitchin and moaning can be perceived as trouble. If she wants to lock she can. You cannot then shout off with her head because it doesn't suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I dont really know anything about that thread but i presume its something a little like the bbv thread in the poker forum....

Just from the reading of this post it comes across as the mods of the soccer forum as a whole came to the conclusion that the off topic thread would be a good idea and a privilege etc. Yet in the same post you yourself seem to say that this was thrown back in "your" faces etc. but the decision to lock the thread is completely down to you.

While you may say boards is a dictatorship, dont all the mods in the forums have the same powers or is there a weighting system in place which makes you more sensible and more powerful in said dictatorship.

Should the decision to lock the thread not be up to all of the mods or is the fact that somehow you have taken a personal interest in this topic mean you get to be judge jury and executioner?

But youre certainly adapting well to it. You'd make a great specimen in a lab for those evolution folk. Kudos.
    back on topic please.

I'm sorry, I was laughin along with the rest of us, no seriousness, then someone threw their toys out of the pram. Excuse me for discussing my views on it on a public (-ly viewable) forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I would like to register my displeasure at the closing of the Soccer Forum Off Topic Thread.

And will warrant that the moderation of said forum will become much harder without it.

Feedback bitchin and moaning can be perceived as trouble. If she wants to lock she can. You cannot then shout off with her head because it doesn't suit you.
    yes he can, thats EXACTLY what feedback is for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

male, female or otherwise, GuanYin's reaction in this situation has been pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

I would wager good money that the OTT thread, for the sheer size of it, has one of the lowest reported posts/bans to number of posts ratio.

As anyone who uses it can attest, it has brought a divided forum together in many respects, and there is never any hassle with it.

yes he can, thats EXACTLY what feedback is for.

Helpdesk actually ;)

• Advertisement

I would wager good money that the OTT thread, for the sheer size of it, has one of the lowest reported posts/bans to number of posts ratio.

As anyone who uses it can attest, it has brought a divided forum together in many respects, and there is never any hassle with it.

Just because there are no or few reported posts means nothing. It could mean lazy posters for example.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement