Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women mods high on power ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Des wrote: »
    I would like to register my displeasure at the closing of the Soccer Forum Off Topic Thread.

And will warrant that the moderation of said forum will become much harder without it.
    Too bloody right.

I want direction from Cult , Vexorg amongst others on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

As anyone who uses it can attest, it has brought a divided forum together in many respects, and there is never any hassle with it.
    The "hassle" with the thread in question is cause by one person, and one person only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Helix wrote: »
    male, female or otherwise, GuanYin's reaction in this situation has been pathetic

yeah, one of the pettiest things i've ever seen on boards and surely against the spirit of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Chong wrote: »
    Too bloody right.

I want direction from Cult , Vexorg amongst others on this.

Maybe send a nicely worded pm,instead of a growling demanding roar.

The "hassle" with the thread in question is cause by one person, and one person only.
    Their is no "Hassle".

Their is always disdain when threads like this pop their heads up in the feedback forum when something goes wrong in Soccer, but this just blatant creating a problem outta of a non entity by a Soccer mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Shít.

They put me in charge of fitness and I'm fat. :eek:

PHB, TFTF, Kdjac, Dub13? Where are they?
    Emphasis mine

The other soccer mods NEVER comment in feedback, leaving GY to face the music.

Every time.

That is also Pathetic
    Nerin wrote: »
    Just because there are no or few reported posts means nothing. It could mean lazy posters for example.

There is no trouble with the thread.

Only when one person, one person only, perceives there to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

same could be said for most of the "hassle" in the football forum full stop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

Just because there are no or few reported posts means nothing. It could mean lazy posters for example.

Take off those mod specs of yours.

My point is that there is NO hassle, arguments, trolling, or anything in that thread. Everything about it is positive.

The only reason it has been removed is because one Mod has felt the need to make sure everyone knows who is in power, who is the dictator, who holds all the privileges, and who are the mere peasants.

Maybe send a nicely worded pm,instead of a growling demanding roar.
    Oh I will be cause this is just plain out of order.

But hey watch the Soccer mod in question wade in soon enough, saying its people like me , charlie , and des etc that have caused its closure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

smashey wrote: »
    Shít.

We've being noticing you going downhill. It was a subtle but effective hint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

No, darling, you're big boned.

Emphasis mine

The other soccer mods NEVER comment in feedback, leaving GY to face the music.

Every time.

That is also Pathetic

There is no trouble with the thread.

Only when one person, one person only, perceives there to be.

I should have phrased that better,apologies,i meant on any forum.my fault there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You're all a little slow on the uptake.

The soccer forum is for soccer discussion.

AH is for social multi-topic chat.

We allowed an off topic thread despite this and we're the ones who have to read it and moderate it.

It isn't a forum right, it is something that the mods decide on case by case. In this case, I decided to allow it.

When users come along as Charlie, Chong and Zuroph have and suggest that they have some sort of right in this matter and ignore the fact that the thread could be viewed as a gift from the forum mods to users (as it is not in any underthe remit of the forum) and furthermore give me grief when we set ground rules, I become immediately disinterested in leaving it open.

Continuing along this line of demanding and directing ire at me isn't going to change this.

Maybe I'm not the one who should be adjusting their attitude in this case.

My point is that there is NO hassle, arguments, trolling, or anything in that thread. Everything about it is positive.
    A big plus one from me.

It's closure is a very bad thing.
    But hey watch the Soccer mod in question wade in soon enough, saying its people like me , charlie , and des etc that have caused its closure.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

g'em wrote: »
    No, darling, you're big boned.
    I'd have said "cuddly".

Shít.

Anyone who says that is racist. You are of the genus giganticus. I may add your species to our protection list...perhaps

Take off those mod specs of yours.

The only reason it has been removed is because one Mod has felt the need to make sure everyone knows who is in power, who is the dictator, who holds all the privileges, and who are the mere peasants.
    With a thread title "Women mods high on power" is hilarious, as it seems a kneejerk reaction to blatantly close the most popular thread flaunting their "power".

Sodding power, this is the bloody internet FFS, its sad that this has to occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

nevf wrote: »
    We've being noticing you going downhill. It was a subtle but effective hint.

Ouch. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The thread itself is fine and the closure has nothing to do with the opening of this feedback thread, or indeed this thread topic, but outside of the off-topic thread, if I have to take hassle from people because I set ground rules, I'm not going to argue, I'm just going to close the thread. That is my point.

When I say trouble, I mean trouble for us.

• Advertisement

GuanYin wrote: »
    The thread itself is fine and the closure has nothing to do with the opening of this feedback thread, or indeed this thread topic, but outside of the off-topic thread, if I have to take hassle from people because I set ground rules, I'm not going to argue, I'm just going to close the thread. That is my point.

Show everyone the trouble caused?

Ground rules? Again we arent children or your employees?

All this talk of gifts, priveleges etc. is highly condescending.

The soccer forum, and it's success, exist largely because of its users and what they have made of it. The OTT has played a large part in this in recent time.

Treating users like they are peasants and talking to them in the way GY does is not only uncalled for, but shows a distinct lack of respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

just putting it out there. If there's any mods out there looking for sexytime, you know how to find me. Adverts doesn't have a section for 'Male seeking Female (ex-) Moderator"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Originally Posted by charlie mchugh
    So as in this case maybe some mods need to be educated , enligtened and moderated themselfs on acceptable thread closure .Like the police policing the police .

The thanks post has being enabled

• Registered Users Posts: 31,707 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I dont really get it. Why was the thread actually closed? because of this thread? I heartily disagree with this thread, and looking at the first post its been thanked by a fair few people - None of them OT regulars.

GuanYin I actually quite like you as a mod, but i dont really get this decision...If people are causing trouble away from the Off topic thread, infract as needed, but i dont think its fair to close a Soccer forum thread because of the actions of people outside the Soccer forum.

you made a very good call when you allowed the OT thread to go ahead in the first place, and i think what its become is testament to you giving it a chance in the first place. Its a consistently positive thread and probably the most important on the soccer forum as it muddies the waters of club rivelries. We have liverpool fans shooting the breeze with ManU fans, who are chatting with City fans. Its the bit of banter that football is all about, and adds a perfect balance to the forum to go along with the pure football commentary from all the other threads.

I think I ave complained twice in the last 6 months about the 'rules', and neither time did I do it in a fashion where it could be perceived as causing 'trouble'. You seem wholly against the idea of feedback and contribution.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

All this talk of gifts, priveleges etc. is highly condescending.

The soccer forum, and it's success, exist largely because of its users and what they have made of it. The OTT has played a large part in this in recent time.

Treating users like they are peasants and talking to them in the way GY does is not only uncalled for, but shows a distinct lack of respect.
    The soccer forum exists because soccer exists. Not because of a non soccer related thread in the soccer forum.

Can you show me an incident of you showing GY any of the respect that you so crave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

id have thought you take hassle from people because of the condescending, holier than thou, "do what i say or you cant play" attitude you exhibit from time to time while explaining to everyone how nothing they do is a right, and they should be privileged that you let them do anything at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

You're all a little slow on the uptake.

The soccer forum is for soccer discussion.

AH is for social multi-topic chat.

We allowed an off topic thread despite this and we're the ones who have to read it and moderate it.

It isn't a forum right, it is something that the mods decide on case by case. In this case, I decided to allow it.

When users come along as Charlie, Chong and Zuroph have and suggest that they have some sort of right in this matter and ignore the fact that the thread could be viewed as a gift from the forum mods to users (as it is not in any underthe remit of the forum) and furthermore give me grief when we set ground rules, I become immediately disinterested in leaving it open.

Continuing along this line of demanding and directing ire at me isn't going to change this.

Maybe I'm not the one who should be adjusting their attitude in this case.

it really does come across that you see yourself as the overlord of all soccer mods. Do the others not mind this or do they just leave you to it because you're so far up you're own rectum that nothing they say or do will mkae a difference

• Advertisement

I think I ave complained twice in the last 6 months about the 'rules', and neither time did I do it in a fashion where it could be perceived as causing 'trouble'. You seem wholly against the idea of feedback and contribution.
    I am bad boy in GuanYins book for the Manchester United Supporter Club forum idea in June so thats what has blotted my copy book.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement