Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women mods high on power ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

The soccer forum exists because soccer exists. Not because of a non soccer related thread in the soccer forum.

:rolleyes:
    Can you show me an incident of you showing GY any of the respect that you so crave?

By not talking to her like a child for starters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Dudess wrote: »
    I'd have said "cuddly".
    except when there's rasher sambo's at stake; you should have seen what he did to poor Tom Dunne with a stapler the other day...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

:rolleyes:

By not talking to her like a child for starters.

Yeah,because the way yore baying for blood is so much better.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Why not solve all your problems with a big bowl of strawberry icecream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Agreed!

• Advertisement

Can i have chocolate ms.aldarion? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Why not have a soccer match winners getr to decide if the offside trap is allowed back .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Nerin wrote: »
    Yeah,because the way yore baying for blood is so much better.
    How would you feel if someone closed down your Nocturnal Forum?

Wait, not your Nocturnal forum , I mean the one you mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Ran out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Chong wrote: »

Hang on, we're talking about a thread here, not a forum.

• Advertisement

There has been feedback set up in the nocturnal forum in the past and it is constantly looking for better ways to improve.

Fair enough but it can be looked upon as the same dudess.

Its all the soccer folk in one thread chatting away, but thats against the rules.

The thread has brought the forum together, maybe they need this shut down to get the rows and argument figures back up, as they have dwindled over the past 6 months.

Relief! :D depends on whether the reason it was shut down was valid or fixable to be honest. And i'm sure that most reasons for it to be shut down would be fixable. Like this problem in soccer. If ye'd all just calm down,have some icecream and work it out slowly and patiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

No. Lets keep the subject about women, and that thread.

We can bitch about the nocturnal forum again sometime.

The thread has a positive affect on the forum, there is no reasoning in closing the most successful thread in the forum.

I think he means lair and it also has the same attidude]
    First post of that thread
    but if it gets messy we will nuke it.
    GuanYin seems within reasonable juristiction

I am also gutted that it was closed though seemed like a nice friendly attidude in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Whoever was responsible here for getting the Off Topic thread closed in Soccer forum, I hope you choke on your cock you silly little prick.

If your a female, then I hope you choke on someones elses cock, you slut.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

can i propose that the OT thread be made tomorrows "Thread of the day" as a matter of respect? RIP.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Whoever was responsible here for getting the Off Topic thread closed in Soccer forum, I hope you choke on your cock you silly little prick.

Archimedes, you really are looking for the ban these days, your defo winning that award in the soccer forum awards mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Now this is what you call bringing a thread alive ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Dude. Chill out. :)
    It's only a thread at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

can anyone find a reason to close the thread in todays posts in the thread? out of curiousity

ive gone through it and cant see any reason for it to be closed at all in the thread

tho it was knocked on the head under an hour from the mod in question's first post in here...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,707 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I am also gutted that it was closed though seemed like a nice friendly attidude in there

But thats the point it wasn't in any way messy, it was probably actually the friendiest most welcoming thread on boards!

I could see activity lessoning and trolling/disputes rising without it tbh. we've all had disagreements with each other in various threads, but the animosity kind of goes away after shooting the breeze in the OT thread. Without it, animosity will only build and posters will have a pop at each other any chance they get, just like they did before.

nevf wrote: »
    Dude. Chill out. :)
    It's only a thread at the end of the day.
    He is ranting alot lately :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I dont give a toss, that thread was nothing but a positive addition to the soccer forum. If GuanYin closed it because there was complaints, then fair enough - no problem with that. My problem is with the whiney little shit that would complain about something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I dont really get it. Why was the thread actually closed? because of this thread? I heartily disagree with this thread, and looking at the first post its been thanked by a fair few people - None of them OT regulars.

No, not because of this thread. I'm amused by the overall topic of the thread.

It is just a coincidence that this is where this happened to play out,
    GuanYin I actually quite like you as a mod, but i dont really get this decision...If people are causing trouble away from the Off topic thread, infract as needed, but i dont think its fair to close a Soccer forum thread because of the actions of people outside the Soccer forum.

Quite frankly when people (Charlie) start sniping because they don't get their way in a thread that, quite frankly, probably shouldn't be in the forum to begin with, and other posters (Zuroph) try to turn it into a debate, then I will just say, lets stick to soccer.

Lets be clear, supplying an OTT isn't a requirement of any mod. I don't see that acknowledged here at all, I don't expect it to be tho.

What I do expect is people understand that if they expect something from us, then they can't go around complaining.

Choosey begging doesn't work.
    you made a very good call when you allowed the OT thread to go ahead in the first place, and i think what its become is testament to you giving it a chance in the first place. Its a consistently positive thread and probably the most important on the soccer forum as it muddies the waters of club rivelries. We have liverpool fans shooting the breeze with ManU fans, who are chatting with City fans. Its the bit of banter that football is all about, and adds a perfect balance to the forum to go along with the pure football commentary from all the other threads.

I like the OTT thread, I was one of the higher contributors for a while. I quite like the thread in the forum. However, I said from the outset, when it becomes more trouble than it is worth, it will be closed.

A few posters have made it that way and are continuing to do so. While it remains like that, it will stay closed.

My over thinking peoples arguements is why that tag is there,to cover myself and the other mods from smartarses. (Thanks for the quote chatty)
    Maybe gy could edit the rules on the ot thread and add that sort of disclaimer. Maybe ye should have suggested that rather than backing her into a corner.

nicnicnic wrote: »
    I'm bored, wonder could this kick off in feedback forum, at the least Dom and Kev should get a bit of stick.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055417940

Yeah seems like they wanted to ruin alll the fun for everyone ,that is just bad form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

GuanYin wrote: »

so what was it because of?

• Advertisement

GuanYin wrote: »

It is just a coincidence that this is where this happened to play out,

Quite frankly when people (Charlie) start sniping because they don't get their way in a thread that, quite frankly, probably shouldn't be in the forum to begin with, and other posters (Zuroph) try to turn it into a debate, then I will just say, lets stick to soccer.

Lets be clear, supplying an OTT isn't a requirement of any mod. I don't see that acknowledged here at all, I don't expect it to be tho.

What I do expect is people understand that if they expect something from us, then they can't go around complaining.

Choosey begging doesn't work.

I like the OTT thread, I was one of the higher contributors for a while. I quite like the thread in the forum. However, I said from the outset, when it becomes more trouble than it is worth, it will be closed.

A few posters have made it that way and are continuing to do so. While it remains like that, it will stay closed.
    Document this "trouble" otherwise your argument does not hold up.

You have created this trouble alone, on a power trip as a result of this thread in feedback.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement