Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women mods high on power ??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I love it how only a woman could be so bitter to close a soccer thread after this topic was started.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

You really are making a mountain out of a molehill here GY, and I suspect it is because you know you have fcuked up.

If you closed the thread because of what I said, then you really should question if you want to be a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Archimedes,

At least try and discuss it in a reasonable manner, with reasons as to why it should have never been locked, and why it should be re-opened, and then describe what you're problem with the poster is that complained, or indeed GY.

I can understand why your angry, but telling someone you don't even know to go suck a cock and choke on it is not a reasonable argument nor a reasonable solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

You can blame me amongst other posters, but because we are "trouble" and if that trouble means standing up for a thread that was thoroughly loved , and as result it remains closed well I certainly have no respect for your actions here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I suppose as i have only being a recent poster in soccer and not at all in the off topic thread on i shouldent really comment .So i wont .........any more .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

Yeah seems like they wanted to ruin alll the fun for everyone ,that is just bad form.

That poster has never once posted in OTT, or the soccer forum afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

GuanYin wrote: »
    Lets be clear, supplying an OTT isn't a requirement of any mod. I don't see that acknowledged here at all, I don't expect it to be tho.

youre saying people should thank you that you didnt lock it earlier? is that it?

nevf wrote: »
    Archimedes,

At least try and discuss it in a reasonable manner, with reasons as to why it should have never been locked, and why it should be re-opened, and then describe what you're problem with the poster is that complained, or indeed GY.

I can understand why your angry, but telling someone you don't even know to go suck a cock and choke on it is not a reasonable argument nor a reasonable solution.
    Archimedes is just hacked off at the moment with the whole soccer forum.

Maybe you're right. I think I'll just close the thread and eliminate the problem.

Now why in fucks name would u go and do that. How many posts from the OTT get reported? There are never any flame wars, no rules are broken, the only person who moans about the pics is you, in general its a great thread that everyone who posts there enjoys. I don't understand how a 3 post debate in a Feedback thread warrants this sh1te to be honest but you're not making much sense shutting down probably the most popular thread in the forum because you have no sense of logic. Your reasons given so far for closing it are, frankly, b0ll0x.

i like your posting for the most part GY, you're a bit paranoid at times and seem to take some of our jokes a bit seriously at times but overall you've contributed to that thread and you know the deal. So how you managed to decide that shutting it down would do anything other than p1ss off a bunch of posters who have seen their go to thread shut down over someting so trivial, confuses the sh1t outta me.

latchyco wrote: »
    I suppose as i have only being a recent poster in soccer and not at all in the off topic thread on i shouldent really comment .So i wont .........any more .

No, surely if you have an opinion, you can express it, once you don't cross any lines, feedback generally welcomes the opinions of everyone from my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Archimedes,

Look, there are only 3 things Im known for on Boards. Getting banned a lot, posting a drunken message a year back, and the Off Topic Thread in Soccer. Two out of those three are shit things to be known for. The OTT was my spawn, my idea and now because of some stupid, ridiculous thread its been closed. Common sense is lacking in abundance here. That thread was nothing but good news to the soccer forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I feel sorry for the other soccer mods who will no doubt have alot more work/get alot more abuse because GuanYin throw her toys out of her pram in spectacular fashion.

Chong wrote: »
    Archimedes is just hacked off at the moment with the whole soccer forum.
    Yah, I can see why.
    Archimedes wrote: »
    Look, there are only 3 things Im known for on Boards. Getting banned a lot, posting a drunken message a year back, and the Off Topic Thread in Soccer. Two out of those three are shit things to be known for. The OTT was my spawn, my idea and now because of some stupid, ridiculous thread its been closed. Common sense is lacking in abundance here. That thread was nothing but good news to the soccer forum.
    Yay, that's like what you said the last time, except it's more reasonable and isn't telling anyone to choke on anyone elses cock. :D

What will be said and in fact has been said it was a privilege, Soccer forum is about Soccer blah blah blah.

There is no doubt in the world that this thread was good for the forum, we all remember what the dark days were like. There is no logic to this whatsoever.

Where you not the lad who got a €50 taxi from maynooth because some "girl"(bubbles pretending to be a girl) got your number and asked you to go into town for some sex?

I feel sorry for the other soccer mods who will no doubt have alot more work/get alot more abuse because GuanYin throw her toys out of her pram in spectacular fashion.
    It would be nice for them to join in the conversation.

Id especially like to hear from Dub13 as he was one of the regular posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

No, surely if you have an opinion, you can express it, once you don't cross any lines, feedback generally welcomes the opinions of everyone from my experience.
    Actually sorry ,just realised i have posted before in feedback ,was mixing it up with something else .

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Where you not the lad who got a €50 taxi from maynooth because some "girl"(bubbles pretending to be a girl) got your number and asked you to go into town for some sex?

ahahhhhahah i remember that

dont even think i read that on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You really are making a mountain out of a molehill here GY, and I suspect it is because you know you have fcuked up.

If you closed the thread because of what I said, then you really should question if you want to be a mod.

I mod soccer. I'll mod soccer in the soccer forum.

If you want something else besides soccer, re-adjust your attitude.

I'm done here, the OTT thread isn't required in a soccer forum and I'm not sticking around for continued abuse from people here.

As I said, while people continue to make demands or abuse me, the thread will stay closed, if I feel that the attitude of charlie, zuroph and others will change and i don't have to deal with crap, then I'll reopen it.

I'm not your teacher or your employee, I'm a soccer mod, not an AH mod. If you want me to mderate AH in the soccer forum, then I expect not to have to deal with abuse or sniping about modding.

If anything changes, I can be reached.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Oh God yeah that was me, thanks for reminding me. Good joke, hilarious, really. You're a fucking jewel to this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Chong wrote: »
    I am bad boy in GuanYins book for the Manchester United Supporter Club forum idea in June so thats what has blotted my copy book.

Big deal create a theater of dream social club instead.

Helix wrote: »
    ahahhhhahah i remember that

dont even think i read that on boards

I doubt many would of read it here, it got got covered up faily quickly. Still made it way around 90% of irish message boards though. Wouldnt be suprised if it was even a bebo mail.

It was epic though, specially the recorded phone call.

What happens when you lose community because of your "Attidude"?

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Big deal create a theater of dream social club instead.
    Thanks Thaed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Whoever was responsible here for getting the Off Topic thread closed in Soccer forum, I hope you choke on your cock you silly little prick.

If your a female, then I hope you choke on someones elses cock, you slut.
    ? banned

why dont ye create a social group or something?

GY to be honest this is way over the top. Why should an argument between yourself and charlie cause a thread that has a large number of contributers and virtually no problems to be shut down?

I'd bet the united and Liverpool superthreads cause u more trouble than the OTT but I don't see you shutting them down.

I won't be posting in the soccer forum if the OT thread isn't re-opened because it shows that the forum is run in a way that a mods own hang up outweighs and over rules the enjoyment of the masses, which i believe is what boards in general is about (peoples enjoyment that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lets just hope a woman is never made president of the USA.....

why dont ye create a social group or something?

:rolleyes:

If it ain't broke don't fix it?

• Advertisement

GY to be honest this is wat over the top. Why should an argument between yourself and charlie cause a thread that has a large number of contributers and virtually no problems to be shut down?

I'd bet the united and Liverpool superthreads cause u more trouble than the OTT but I don't see you shutting them down.

I won't be posting in the soccer forum if the OT thread isn't re-opened because it shows that the forum is run in a way that a mods own hang up outweighs and over rules the enjoyment of the masses, which i believe is what boards in general is about (peoples enjoyment that is).
    Hear Hear Neil.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement