Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women mods high on power ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

nevf wrote: »
    why dont ye create a social group or something?

Theres a great idea

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

For those that are interested, here is the OP:

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=54259

Also, this thread was started as a pisstake of a couple of the poker mods (me included).

Fwiw, I read the soccer forum a good bit, but usually only post (even that rarely enough) on Liverpool related topics so closing the OT thread in there won't affect me personally, although by the sounds of it it has been a great thread for quite a while.

I think closing that thread though is just a bad decision by GY, and on top of the whole no match discussions in super threads decision as well which I still think was unnecessary tbh and has driven at least one poster from the soccer forum.

If the thread was troublesome due to one or two posters, then if they did something unhelpful, ban them. Closing a thread used by so many to prove a point although unrealted apparantly, which has come as a shock to several regs on that thread who haven't cited any issues in here, is petty at best imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

:rolleyes:

If it ain't broke don't fix it?

It's not broke, it's locked - we're trying to fix it in this thread.
    But I can see where you're coming from.

:rolleyes:

If it ain't broke don't fix it?

And not backing down or trying a compromise always works. Instead of trying to show off why don't you start a social group and see how it goes?if you really see it as the mod being a jerk for no reason,why can't ye be the bigger people and try something new,or argue constructively at least...

I'm hittin the Helpdesk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

GuanYin wrote: »
    If you want something else besides soccer, re-adjust your attitude.

how about you re-adjust yours?
    I'm done here, the OTT thread isn't required in a soccer forum and I'm not sticking around for continued abuse from people here.

As I said, while people continue to make demands or abuse me, the thread will stay closed, if I feel that the attitude of charlie, zuroph and others will change and i don't have to deal with crap, then I'll reopen it.

boards is built on users, not you. soccer is a hugely successful forum because of users, not you

you didnt tell people why you closed it, and then you say its being reopened is dependent on something that happens outside the soccer forum? cop yourself on
    I expect not to have to deal with abuse or sniping about modding.

the way you act, youre about the only one on boards who doesnt expect you to have to deal with abuse

I'm hittin the Helpdesk

i agree

shes as good as said it wont be repoened because she doesnt like what was said in this thread about her closing it

still no reason given for closing it either, its all just one huuuuuuge coincidence that it was closed for no reason the same day this thread happened

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I would also like to voice my displeasure for the closure of the OTT in the soccer forum. The thread allows the regular contributors to the forum to become better friends with each-other. This may not be the main aim of the forum, but the better camaraderie inevitably means that fans from rival teams may be a little more respectful to each other when the next heated debate sparks a little aggression. That can only make a moderators job that little bit easier!

It's the best thread in the forum and I've personally increased my overall contribution to the forum because of the topic, and I'm sure better and more regular contributors to the forum feel the same. It really does make the entire forum a more pleasant place to be, and I'm sure all of the posters of the Soccer forum would appreciate if you unlocked it!

I am also going to join some of the other soccer regulars and cease posting in the forum until the OTT is unlocked. If that means I will no longer be posting in that forum then so be it, but that would be unfortunate considering how all this started.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

GY, I really feel you are going way over board here, bordering on a character assignation, trying to make pout I make your modship so difficult. Both you and I know that is not true.

Anyway, this is all getting so far from the point that I use and enjoy Boards. So, from this point on, I will be ceasing to use my Boards account until logic and sense returns, and the OTT is restored for the benefit to all those who have gotten so much from it over the last few months.

Charlie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Helix wrote: »
    how about you re-adjust yours?

boards is built on users, not you. soccer is a hugely successful forum because of users, not you

you didnt tell people why you closed it, and then you say its being reopened is dependent on something that happens outside the soccer forum? cop yourself on

the way you act, youre about the only one on boards who doesnt expect you to have to deal with abuse
    As much as I agree with your post , with all these type threads, it will be swept under carpet and GY wont back down.

All our bitching moaning is useless.

We would be better off what with our own forum for the social side of things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I mod soccer. I'll mod soccer in the soccer forum.

If you want something else besides soccer, re-adjust your attitude.

I'm done here, the OTT thread isn't required in a soccer forum and I'm not sticking around for continued abuse from people here.

As I said, while people continue to make demands or abuse me, the thread will stay closed, if I feel that the attitude of charlie, zuroph and others will change and i don't have to deal with crap, then I'll reopen it.

I'm not your teacher or your employee, I'm a soccer mod, not an AH mod. If you want me to mderate AH in the soccer forum, then I expect not to have to deal with abuse or sniping about modding.

If anything changes, I can be reached.

main_hitler.jpg

re-adjust zee attitudes imo

Chong wrote: »
    We would be better off what with our own forum for the social side of things.

not exactly practical tho is it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Anybody with even the slightest bit of intelligence reading this thread should be able to see that the reasons for the threads closure were clearly stated, along with reasons why it could be re-opened. And yet people seem to think the best of course of action is to insult and abuse the mod ???

In keeping with the title of the thread, isn't it supposed to be women who big on histrionics? If everyone just calmed down, had some ice-cream and tried to not call the mod names this could have been sorted out pages ago,

I think I ave complained twice in the last 6 months about the 'rules', and neither time did I do it in a fashion where it could be perceived as causing 'trouble'. You seem wholly against the idea of feedback and contribution.
    You jump in to attack the mods every time soccer is mentioned in feedback. It must be hard work carry that chip around on your shoulder all the time.
    Chong wrote: »
    How would you feel if someone closed down your Nocturnal Forum?
    Nobody is talking about closing the forum, just one single thread. In fact there are several forums already dedicated to off-topic chat, why not use one of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

GY, I really feel you are going way over board here, bordering on a character assignation, trying to make pout I make your modship so difficult. Both you and I know that is not true.

Anyway, this is all getting so far from the point that I use and enjoy Boards. So, from this point on, I will be ceasing to use my Boards account until logic and sense returns, and the OTT is restored for the benefit to all those who have gotten so much from it over the last few months.

Charlie.

No, you don't at all.

I originally stated the minute the OTT thread got a feedback complaint, it would be closed.

You and zuroph bitched about it on feedback, it got closed.

There is nothing more to it than that.

main_hitler.jpg

re-adjust zee attitudes imo

Godwins law. You auto fail. Ye are your own worst enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,707 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

No, you don't at all.

I originally stated the minute the OTT thread got a feedback complaint, it would be closed.

if he takes back his complaint can it be reopened?

stevenmu wrote: »
    Anybody with even the slightest bit of intelligence reading this thread should be able to see that the reasons for the threads closure were clearly stated, along with reasons why it could be re-opened

there were no examples of what she was talking about. simply "it became too much trouble"

there was no trouble in the thread, thats why shes getting grilled

go have a look for yourself and come back if you find anything that warranted its closure from today, or yesterday, or the day before

we're supposed to accept that it was all just a big coincidence and this thread has NOTHING to do with the closure of the OTT coz she says so. shes a bloody dreadful mod full stop, i dont think there are too many who would disagree with that, but she has to be tolerated despite her ridiculous, irrational, petty decisions because shes a mod and apparently controls the entire universe

I'm in with the rest. Gone from soccer until it's opened.

GY you're not gonna have a lot of allies on this one. I'd be the first to say it if i felt you were justified in closing it.

Helpdesk Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Nobody is talking about closing the forum, just one single thread. In fact there are several forums already dedicated to off-topic chat, why not use one of those.

To be fair, the OTT in the Soccer Forum has served to diffuse a very intense atmosphere; it has improved the spirit of the forum. By giving posters an arena to let off some steam, it has helped to reduce the amount of soccer related threads that get derailed. Simply put, that thread has played it's part in creating a community in the soccer forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Nerin wrote: »
    Godwins law. You auto fail. Ye are your own worst enemies.

I thought it was a solid effort for my first MS paint attempt no?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Helix wrote: »
    there were no examples of what she was talking about. simply "it became too much trouble"

there was no trouble in the thread, thats why shes getting grilled

go have a look for yourself and come back if you find anything that warranted its closure from today, or yesterday, or the day before

we're supposed to accept that it was all just a big coincidence and this thread has NOTHING to do with the closure of the OTT coz she says so. shes a bloody dreadful mod full stop, i dont think there are too many who would disagree with that, but she has to be tolerated despite her ridiculous, irrational, petty decisions because shes a mod and apparently controls the entire universe

It was stated very clearly at the start of this thread why it was closed, along it why it could be re-opened. If people aren't willing to read through and instead just jump on the bandwagon of attacking the mod, I'm not going to bother pointing it out to them.

Anybody with even the slightest bit of intelligence reading this thread should be able to see that the reasons for the threads closure were clearly stated, along with reasons why it could be re-opened. And yet people seem to think the best of course of action is to insult and abuse the mod ???
    Now this is just blindly defending the indefensible imo. The 'reasons' given were made up on thespot seemingly.
    You don't get why those threads are so successful do you? Most of the most popular threads on boards are these random talk threads within forums that are used almost exclusively by members of those forums. If they started a 'soccer forum regs' thread in AH or BGRH, I would imagine it wouldn't be too well received there either and with good reason imo.
    No, you don't at all.

I thought it had nothing to do with this thread? Petty doesn't even begin to describe it now tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

As someone who frequents the soccer board and pops into the OTT thread the odd time, here's my take on things (don't groan :pac:).

I think the reasons for the locking of the Pat Dolan thread were fair enough. While I can't say I like the guy you could see how a thread like that on a person could leave Boards in a difficult light and so I'd understand the reasons for its locking even though I did find it funny.

I do think GuanYin has come up against a lot of hostility on this thread. Going ape sh*t doesn't help sort out matters.

I do also think the OTT thread ought to be reinstated. Emotions seem to be pretty high but surely this can be resolved. The soccer board has had a good vibe lately and it would be a shame to see that soured.

These boards are about fun right? Let's give peace a chance eh? What do you say?

*Awaits onslaught*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Nope cause for all my years, its rare this sort of stuff gets resolved, same old same old sh!te.

The people who make this site are its users, no one else. Users are its life blood, Users contribute in form of posts, and subscriptions. Mods are volunteers to keep the place in check, they are not on the payroll, they are users. Some are top notch undeniably, but some believe once those silver 4 stars appear, I HAVE THE POWAH muahahaha. NO you are still a user , you just help keep the forum you mod keep it clean and free from trolling, spamming/abuse.

If we had no users , this site would be pointless, its crap like this that drives users away. GuanYin feels its her forum, well I have got news for her, she is a volunteer and still a user, she is no greater than anyone else , thats it. As its been said before, you are not your post count, you are not your stars, you are not join date, everyone is equal and to make a comment like Boards .ie is a dictatorship well its absolutely dispicable.

You talk of respect, you have respect, everyone on that forum respects the mods and the work they do, BUT you lose respect with totally illogical decisions like this one. Until such time your treat us your equal , you will gain our total respect, we are all users.

This is a dark day for the soccer forum yet again, and most notably boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

just to clarify, i've never even seen the OT thread in soccer, so was not aware of any such rule. xxx

Also, I don't think locking the Pat Dolan pic thread was a bad decision, if it were an equivalent in poker I would either have locked it or merged it with the poker off topic thread.

It was stated very clearly at the start of this thread why it was closed, along it why it could be re-opened. If people aren't willing to read through and instead just jump on the bandwagon of attacking the mod, I'm not going to bother pointing it out to them.

3 pages in and no mention of the OT thread being locked, you know why? coz she hadnt locked it at that stage

im not re-reading any further

zuroph wrote: »
    just to clarify, i've never even seen the OT thread in soccer, so was not aware of any such rule. xxx

Ah come on,youre much better than that,try being subtle with your trolling,i believe in you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i havent ever been there?! that not trolling, thats stating fact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    if he takes back his complaint can it be reopened?

I think at this stage, there is more than Charlie here.

I'm open to re-opening it, I'm not going to do so in the midst of the abuse levelled at me here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement