Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women mods high on power ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

GuanYin wrote: »
    No, you don't at all.

I originally stated the minute the OTT thread got a feedback complaint, it would be closed.

You and zuroph bitched about it on feedback, it got closed.

There is nothing more to it than that.

my mother used to say if I didn't stop cycling over my little sisters leg, she would confiscate my bike, I couldn't resist and she took the bike and locked it in the shed. I woke up my dad and he unlocked it, slapped my mother and sister(for being in the way) and told me to lay off the sisters leg. My mother pinches my arms on the sly about it sometimes......da wimin sure hold the grudges......(30 yrs later).

wake up Da

btw. what is in the off topic thread in da soccer forum.....Everton?

Is it wrong that I have a strange Frueidian attraction to Guanyin

damn those avatar gremlins, youseboyz are in for it....

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

yeah, one of the pettiest things i've ever seen on boards and surely against the spirit of the place.
    I read that as "[GuanYin is] one of the prettiest things i've ever seen on boards" and was about to agree. Then I read it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

but u said it had nothing to do with this thread......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

zuroph wrote: »
    i havent ever been there?! that not trolling, thats stating fact.

You know what i mean :)

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I read that as "[GuanYin is] one of the prettiest things i've ever seen on boards" and was about to agree. Then I read it again.

Pm sent :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Soccer heads come to the off topic poker forum, for all your off topic posts. It's the perfect place to vent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I think at this stage, there is more than Charlie here.

I'm open to re-opening it, I'm not going to do so in the midst of the abuse levelled at me here.
    Well I am another one, and I refuse to humble myself to you or apologise for something you have created.

Chong wrote: »
    Well I am another one, and I refuse to humble myself to you or apologise for something you have created.

Again,own worst enemies.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think at this stage, there is more than Charlie here.

I'm open to re-opening it, I'm not going to do so in the midst of the abuse levelled at me here.

How is any of that related to that thread? I am far from a fight the power type, but mother of christ, unless this is one big level (and kudos if it is), this is the most unreasonable, indefensible modding I have seen in a long time.

Get over yourself, this isn't about you.

Nerin wrote: »
    Again,own worst enemies.

how so? Why in Gods name should I bow down and apologize for nothing? this is bullsh1t and anyone reading with half a brain can see that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Helix wrote: »
    3 pages in and no mention of the OT thread being locked, you know why? coz she hadnt locked it at that stage

im not re-reading any further
    It's all covered in detail in the first 2 pages for me, but then I use 40 posts per page so I don't know how it works for others.
    5starpool wrote: »
    You don't get why those threads are so successful do you? Most of the most popular threads on boards are these random talk threads within forums that are used almost exclusively by members of those forums. If they started a 'soccer forum regs' thread in AH or BGRH, I would imagine it wouldn't be too well received there either and with good reason imo.
    I know very well how successful these threads can be, there was a very successful one on paranormal. But the rules of the thread need to be followed or it has to be closed, which happened several times to the one on the paranormal. And when the rules were followed it carried on being a huge success, and strangely that managed to happen without a mob ganging up to abuse the mod.

Again,own worst enemies.
    As Neil said

Your also of no help here, all your doing is posting inane rubbish and stirring the pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Absolute crazy idea the closure of the off-topic thread in soccer.

Just wanted to add that here, but I don't believe anything will get solved in this thread so I'll head over to the helpdesk for some ball busting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

this is one of the saddest pettiest thing i have ever witnesed it is just a joke and GY should be ashamed of herself and her actions, its a disgrace.

stevenmu wrote: »
    It's all covered in detail in the first 2 pages for me, but then I use 40 posts per page so I don't know how it works for others.

I know very well how successful these threads can be, there was a very successful one on paranormal. But the rules of the thread need to be followed or it has to be closed, which happened several times to the one on the paranormal. And when the rules were followed it carried on being a huge success, and strangely that managed to happen without a mob ganging up to abuse the mod.
    Its not ganging up she has brought this upon her self here steven.

There is nothing wrong with the thread, she as good said so, she closed it over what Charlie and Zuroph said .

how so? Why in Gods name should I bow down and apologize for nothing? this is bullsh1t and anyone reading with half a brain can see that.

Any one reading with a full brain sees that alot of ye aren't arguing correctly,and have made things worse.maybe if ye Calmed down,and had a bit of cop on the mod would listen to you. Instead of all this rabble bull****. If ye,and the mod talked aside,maybe by pm,this could be sorted. But posts saying get rid of her,abusing her,etc,isn't going to help either side.

I still don't get these "fight the power" threads. Unless I'm doing it wrong moderators have very little power at all. Really I think people need to stop taking warnings, infractions, bannings etc so seriously. At the end of the day it' just a few simple clicks on a web page that has a slight impact on the clicks you make on a web page. If people are really worried about the "power" some random anonymous forum moderator has over them they really need to switch off and go out and find a damn good psychiatrist to give them lots and lots of little happy pills.

you had trouble understanding the tone of the thread urself though...

As Neil said

Your also of no help here, all your doing is posting inane rubbish and stirring the pot.

Actually,i'm keeping a calm head,unlike some of you soccer users. Take a leaf out of des' book,he came on and said what he thought without acting like a complete tool.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

But apparantly this was not closed because of stuff that happened in that thread, GY as much as said so in here. More to do with ego than rules.

Any one reading with a full brain sees that alot of ye aren't arguing correctly,and have made things worse.maybe if ye Calmed down,and had a bit of cop on the mod would listen to you. Instead of all this rabble bull****. If ye,and the mod talked aside,maybe by pm,this could be sorted. But posts saying get rid of her,abusing her,etc,isn't going to help either side.
    No she wouldnt cut the crap, why she we sit back and wait for GY to change her mind about something we didnt initiate?

Any one with a brain can see this is a complete abuse of a moderatorship.

• Advertisement

Actually,i'm keeping a calm head,unlike some of you soccer users. Take a leaf out of des' book,he came on and said what he thought without acting like a complete tool.
    Des is and I am who I am .

Des has his history and he most like knows all of this result in no resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Just popping my head around the door to prove des wrong.

:rolleyes:

The OT thread is closed at the moment. Whether it is re-opened is under review. I think that some people really need to think about the way that they discuss things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

But the rules of the thread need to be followed or it has to be closed, which happened several times to the one on the paranormal.

So where were the rules broken in the last couple of pages of the OTT? It was carrying on like normal before this Feedback thread was started, and it's clear to anyone with two eyes that it has been closed as a result of this thread.

Honestly, I'm at a complete loss trying to link abusive posts in this thread to Off-Topic. Surely offending posts here should be reported and dealt with.

how the hell are several users going to talk by pm as a group? feedback is for this sort of stuff. there is no need for it to be in private.

1)wind up thread starts
    2)GY is wound up
    3)I suggest that the offtopic thread is off topic.
    4)off topic thread is locked.
    5)GY claims it has nothing to do with this thread and she is laughin at it.
    6)GY changes tune and says thread is locked because its a priviledge, not a right.
    7)soccer forum regulars are very upset by this
    8)GY says that if a feedback thread was ever started about the soccer OT thread it would be locked
    9) Soccer forum users get more frstrated.
    10) Nerin takes sides. and throws about thinly veiled personal abuses with opening lines.

but yes, calming down and copping on is well needed in this thread :)

No she wouldnt cut the crap, why she we sit back and wait for GY to change her mind about something we didnt initiate?

Any one with a brain can see this is a complete abuse of a moderatorship.

Lol. Another user saying why should i do anything,rabble rabble. Circles sir,we're going around in em. It was suggested earlier that patience and compromise might help,yet you complain that the mod is being stubborn bla bla bla. Take a look in the mirror. For what its worth,i think ye should get your off topic thread,but i also think that the mod shouldn't have to take crap like she did on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Anyone else think that GuanYin should have her mod powers revoked for a week or so.... if a normal poster acted in the same way they would be banned for a while to cool down...

Lol. Another user saying why should i do anything,rabble rabble. Circles sir,we're going around in em. It was suggested earlier that patience and compromise might help,yet you complain that the mod is being stubborn bla bla bla. Take a look in the mirror. For what its worth,i think ye should get your off topic thread,but i also think that the mod shouldn't have to take crap like she did on this thread.
    Wait and calm for what, for the mod to snap of the mood she got in, in hope its reopened at some stage, do you realise how idiotic this sounds?

Again she has brought this crap upon herself.

zuroph wrote: »
    how the hell are several users going to talk by pm as a group? feedback is for this sort of stuff. there is no need for it to be in private.

1)wind up thread starts
    2)GY is wound up
    3)I suggest that the offtopic thread is off topic.
    4)off topic thread is locked.
    5)GY claims it has nothing to do with this thread and she is laughin at it.
    6)GY changes tune and says thread is locked because its a priviledge, not a right.
    7)soccer forum regulars are very upset by this
    8)GY says that if a feedback thread was ever started about the soccer OT thread it would be locked
    9) Soccer forum users get more frstrated.
    10) Nerin takes sides. and throws about thinly veiled personal abuses with opening lines.

but yes, calming down and copping on is well needed in this thread :)

Actually,five users at a time can be pmd. Don't see her making the effort with the types of folk giving her stick though. I'm not on her side in the locking issued. But i'm certainly against the users win are acting like a mob of peasants dressed in rags waving torches at some monster. Yes,you should calm down. Want some pizza?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Damn didn't know only mods can post in helpdesk.

Right well maybe its a wait and see how the other mods / admins see the situation and thread.

Maybe its a case of GuanYin not moderating the soccer forum as it does not look likely that she would be happy to once there is an off topic thread present.

However their is obviously a large number of posters who enjoyed the Off-Topic thread, and at guess I would say that even GuanYin would agree with if I said that it was a good addition to the forum, and seemed to really create a community within the soccer forum.

I would see as a case of the forum is better off with the off-topic thread and moderators willing to moderate it(not that it required much if any), rather than a forum with a happy moderator with a lot of unhappy members.

• Advertisement

Wait and calm for what, for the mod to snap of the mood she got in, in hope its reopened at some stage, do you realise how idiotic this sounds?

Again she has brought this crap upon herself.

Do you realise how idiotic the users giving her grief sound?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement