Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women mods high on power ??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

zuroph wrote: »
    8)GY says that if a feedback thread was ever started about the soccer OT thread it would be locked

Actually, I think if you review the timeline, I said that about a year ago when the thread opened first and also in the lock message.

My explanation here was assuming this point was self evident, but if that was unclear to anyone, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Nerin wrote: »
    Do you realise how idiotic the users giving her grief sound?
    Why shouldnt they? Its the forum the use, and its been fupped about with.

Should we sit down with our arms folded and mouths shut.

Kop on to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

5starpool wrote: »
    For those that are interested, here is the OP:

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=54259

Also, this thread was started as a pisstake of a couple of the poker mods (me included).

Anybody else notice how much that Nicky guy looks like Stewie from family guy???

FG_stewie_victory.jpg

I didn't know Stewie played poker....but he sure does stir sh1t pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Do you realise how idiotic the users giving her grief sound?

Do you realise how idiotic the mods defending her sound ?

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

GuanYin wrote: »

I originally stated the minute the OTT thread got a feedback complaint, it would be closed.

You and zuroph bitched about it on feedback, it got closed.
    So where were the rules broken in the last couple of pages of the OTT? It was carrying on like normal before this Feedback thread was started, and it's clear to anyone with two eyes that it has been closed as a result of this thread.

Indeed. Does it not mean that someone has to start a topic for the thread to get closed? Or is this just the mod's own personal vendetta and now looking for an excuse to dig her out of this hole?

• Advertisement

opr wrote: »

Opr
    There also no Soccer users in here in defense of these actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Opr

You mean me?i think i'm the only one who could be accused of defending her. Perhaps. Do tell though,i'm having a smoke now,waitin to hear your well thought out points :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lol. Another user saying why should i do anything,rabble rabble. Circles sir,we're going around in em. It was suggested earlier that patience and compromise might help,yet you complain that the mod is being stubborn bla bla bla. Take a look in the mirror. For what its worth,i think ye should get your off topic thread,but i also think that the mod shouldn't have to take crap like she did on this thread.

There wasn't really much crap towards her other than tongue in cheek posts before the OT thread was locked.

Reall, can an smod or some such reply on this thread? I am fairly sure it won't result in any change in anything, but a reply would be good.

Off to helpdesk to check if they replied there for me noww I guess.

Also, Alanmurphy, only smods+ and the OP can post in a helpdesk thread afaik, normal mods can't without being given special allowance by smods/admins.

Chong wrote: »
    Why shouldnt they? Its the forum the use, and its been fupped about with.

Should we sit down with our arms folded and mouths shut.

Kop on to yourself.

No,you should learn how to argue with a bit of civility. Of course everyone is human and goes off on a wildone,but ye lot are taking the biscuit. If soccer gets your bloodpressure so worked up,maybe its a bad sign? :(

There wasn't really much crap towards her other than tongue in cheek posts before the OT thread was locked.

Reall, can an smod or some such reply on this thread? I am fairly sure it won't result in any change in anything, but a reply would be good.

Off to helpdesk to check if they replied there for me noww I guess.

Also, Alanmurphy, only smods+ and the OP can post in a helpdesk thread afaik, normal mods can't without being given special allowance by smods/admins.

Gordon replied when he banned archimedes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

thread is locked because its a priviledge, not a right.

Laughable explanation, may as well say i'm locking the thread because I can.
    i also think that the mod shouldn't have to take crap like she did on this thread.

The mod would not be taking this amount of crap is she moderated the forum correctly and make rational decisions rather than doing what she felt like.
    You mean me?i think i'm the only one who could be accused of defending her. Perhaps. Do tell though,i'm having a smoke now,waitin to hear your well thought out points :)

Nerin, you don't seem to agree with the mod closing the thread, your only issue seems to be how the posters on the soccer forum are dealing with it. Some people might get worked up over very little but thats irrelevant, the thread should not have been closed in the first place so the mod should reopen it.

No,you should learn how to argue with a bit of civility. Of course everyone is human and goes off on a wildone,but ye lot are taking the biscuit. If soccer gets your bloodpressure so worked up,maybe its a bad sign? :(
    Right.................................

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Gordon replied when he banned archimedes.

A proper response. You know what I meant.

Right.................................

Glad you agree. :)

A proper response. You know what I meant.

I thought you meant to show they were aware this was all happening. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its nothing to do with gender.

some people are just muppets, mod and user alike.

like everything else in life, if you dont like it, then dont do it.

seriously, i never tire of watching stupid people do the same thing the same way, over and over again, and yet expect different results.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

"I went too far too soon. I didn't know what I was gettin' into Ted. I didn't know you had to follow a good idea with loads more little good ideas. I'm sorry Ted. I'm going to sleep in the spare room."

Opr

"I went too far too soon. I didn't know what I was gettin' into Ted. I didn't know you had to follow a good idea with loads more little good ideas. I'm sorry Ted. I'm going to sleep in the spare room."

Opr

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

GY response in the helpdesk thread, wow.:pac:

She really does come accross as a right wench.
    The OTT thread is not a Soccer thread. It was allowed to run with several conditions.

It was stated from the offset that the thread would be closed if photos of cats or animals were posted, if there was inter-club sniping, if there was on-topic discussion or if a feedback complaint occured.

The first came about in the form of slydice photos which I softly dissuaded before clamping down on.

The last came about because I clamped down on the slydice style photos.

With these occuring, I upheld my original promise and closed the thread.

I did offer an out to zuroph and Charlie by suggesting they change their attitude on what the thread actually was, but instead of any sort of diplomacy (as I am told I am lacking), I was met with abuse and demands.

As such, I see no reason to reopen the thread.

The title of the feedback thread in question has nothing to do with this action, it just so happens that is where zuroph and charlie made their ill judged complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I kinda think the most important point in all this is being drowned out by a load of superfluous ****e. There is not one single user of the soccer forum who has complained about the off-topic thread, and it would appear that the majority of soccer forum regulars really enjoy it. I would suggest that mods moderate on behalf of the users of their forum. It seems in this instance that there are no users of the soccer forum defending, applauding or welcoming closure of the OT thread.

If the majority of the users of a forum want something to happen, surely boards as a business should try to facilitate this?

In before the 'boards is not a democracy, there is no free speech on boards' muppets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

It's a shame that regular contributors to one of the most successful forums on boards will be lost due to something as silly as this debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I think if there's a lesson here is that someone who is a mod of the paranormal forum shouldn't be allowed within 500 yards of being a mod of the soccer forum irrespective of gender. You'll notice in this thread that the people backing her up are mods of the paranormal or paganism type forums. I imagine being a mod of the soccer forum requires having a bit more "cop on" than you are likely to get from the "ghosts are real, btw I'm a witch brigade".

GuanYin it is abundantly clear to anyone reading your language in this thread with a neutral eye that your attitude reeks of a power trip, talking about privileges versus rights etc. Grow up / get laid / find something in your life which genuinely empowers you so you don't have to annoy others by sublimating your obvious profound sense of disenfranchisement. Posting a picture in an ott soccer forum thread obviously isn't your issue, find out what is so you can let other people enjoy more freedom of expression. You have a psychological issue with this which is clear from your language. Resolve that and you'll be a better mod and person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Can i reiterate, GY has stated several times, mine, and charlies names in direct reference to why that thread is locked. can i remind GY that she is in no way punishing me by locking that thread, as i never use it. ever. I'm arguing because I believe she is wrong. and for the lulz. but mostly the wrongness.
    if the reason the thread is locked is because this thread is in contravention of rule about a feedback complaint being posted, then i suggest GY target nicnicnic, and perhaps ban him from the soccer OT thread. He clearly admits in his opening post to not having read the rules over there.
    If she repeatedly uses mine and charlies names, then she is proving that it IS personal.

lets all go to bed, and forget this ever happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I'm really suprised at some of the posts in this thread.

GuanYin is one of the most level headed mods on boards and really trys to let soccer flow as much as she can given how hard of a forum it is to mod.

there is plenty of awful female mods but GuanYin is not one of them.

get a grip on yourself lads.

Wreck wrote: »
    I kinda think the most important point in all this is being drowned out by a load of superfluous ****e. There is not one single user of the soccer forum who has complained about the off-topic thread, and it would appear that the majority of soccer forum regulars really enjoy it. I would suggest that mods moderate on behalf of the users of their forum. It seems in this instance that there are no users of the soccer forum defending, applauding or welcoming closure of the OT thread.

If the majority of the users of a forum want something to happen, surely boards as a business should try to facilitate this?

In before the 'boards is not a democracy, there is no free speech on boards' muppets.

Boards is not a dem...damn beaten to it. :) still though,your point is valid,but would be more so if users were all paying customers. I don't agree with forum regulars having to suffer though,especially when its over people that could easily just be banned if they are causing trouble. I actually do hope that the regulars that aren't the usual idiotic stereotype playing muppets get their thread back.

Boards is not a dem...damn beaten to it. :) still though,your point is valid,but would be more so if users were all paying customers. I don't agree with forum regulars having to suffer though,especially when its over people that could easily just be banned if they are causing trouble. I actually do hope that the regulars that aren't the usual idiotic stereotype playing muppets get their thread back.
    There quite alot of users these days that are paying customers.

hotspur wrote: »
    I think if there's a lesson here is that someone who is a mod of the paranormal forum shouldn't be allowed within 500 yards of being a mod of the soccer forum irrespective of gender. You'll notice in this thread that the people backing her up are mods of the paranormal or paganism type forums. I imagine being a mod of the soccer forum requires having a bit more "cop on" than you are likely to get from the "ghosts are real, btw I'm a witch brigade".

GuanYin it is abundantly clear to anyone reading your language in this thread with a neutral eye that your attitude reeks of a power trip, talking about privileges versus rights etc. Grow up / get laid / find something in your life which genuinely empowers you so you don't have to annoy others by sublimating your obvious profound sense of disenfranchisement. Posting a picture in an ott soccer forum thread obviously isn't your issue, find out what is so you can let other people enjoy more freedom of expression. You have a psychological issue with this which is clear from your language. Resolve that and you'll be a better mod and person.

Lol wut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

sloan.jpg

This was about the only *fap* constructive thing I've seen in this thread. *fap* You can even see her *fap* nipple covers which *fap*were clearly missing from her *fap* latest appearance in Entourage. *fap fap fap*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

its nothing to do with gender.

some people are just muppets, mod and user alike.

like everything else in life, if you dont like it, then dont do it.

seriously, i never tire of watching stupid people do the same thing the same way, over and over again, and yet expect different results.
    I don't follow...

• Advertisement

There quite alot of users these days that are paying customers.

But not everyone. Do you want to see boards become only viewable to those that pay?then such arguements would have more validity. Oh,and thats more of a donation for certain extra privileges,semantics,maybe,but correct.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement