Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

flat wiper blades, wiper spoiler?

• 12-11-2008 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Have a '04 Honda Accord. I get a slight whistling noise from the driver side wiper between about 30 & 40 mph. Two options I can think of are to replace the wiper blade to one with a spoiler (some Accords seem to have this, mine doesn't). Second option is to go with a flat wiper blade, e.g. bosch aerotwin
    On the flat blade option, I notice the newer Accords have this but not my model. Some I think have a different "connection" but there are replacement flat blades for older model cars as well.

Any one have any experience with flat blades? Anyone replace regular blades with flat ones?
    The driver side wiper is 26" (only 16" on the passenger side), quite long so not sure if this is a factor also.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

The flat Bosch Aerotwin will only go on cars which have the fittings on the wipers already, it's likely the later versions of the Accord had them but the earlier didn't. They are a better gripping blade than standard ones but I am not too sure whether they last as long or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Yes, I'm probably looking at a "retro fit aero blade"
    http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/retro-fit-aero-blade-26-c-724-p-1-pr-16766.html
    The fact that Bosch or others don't seem to make retro fit blades makes me wonder if it's not a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

I have the old style connection but got the Bosch flat blades, big improvement in look and performance over standard wipers.
    wiperblades.co.uk do them although they don't seem to do them(Bosch) for your car but they do sell other types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Doesn't look like Bosch do the aerotwin flat blades in 26"

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I have the retro fit blades. Connection is a little bit chunky on them, but they are very good blades. Dont go for the cheap option. They will fall apart! Spolier ones are more aesthetic than anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement