Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nightwish - The Definitive Thread

• 12-11-2008 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

»| Nightwish |«

3882587.jpg

» { Marco Hietala | Tuomas Holopainen | Anette Olzon | Jukka Nevalainen | Emppu Vuorinen } «
    » { Angels Fall First | Oceanborn | Wishmaster | Century Child | Once | Dark Passion Play } «

Nightwish are a symphonic metal band formed in the city of Kitee in Finland in 1996, originally created to sing folk songs around campfire.. BUT JUST LOOK AT THEM NOW.

They've released 6 albums and one EP, their latest effort being Dark Passion Play released in 2007 with their new singer Anette Olzon, which caused quite a stir among the fans indeed. Which is why I'll say it here:

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion as to the departure of Tarja Turunen and Tuomas' choice of new vocalist, but I don't want any bitching going on in the thread like I've seen so many times before on other parts of the internet, particularly Nightwish's page on Last.fm, about Anette. Keep it to a strict minimum please.

SO, what does everyone think of these guys? Anyone at their show in Dublin last April?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

You wouldn't happen to work for Nightwish as a PR guy or something? and who made you a MOD?

As for Nightwish, some of their stuff is fantastic, used to listen to them quite a lot, but haven't really paid them any attention in a year or so. Their last album with Tarja, Once, was excellent, very new and creative from the band, and came together really well. As for the latest, don't like Anette at all, although if you play the instrumental CD it's brilliant, probably the best CD they've ever released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Pugsley wrote: »
    You wouldn't happen to work for Nightwish as a PR guy or something? and who made you a MOD?

Nobody made me a mod, but from my experience with Nightwish fans and the internet in general, you always get narrow-minded people with a die-hard devotion to their earlier stuff that can't accept a band has the right to evolve their style and change, and so just resort to profanities, both towards the fans of their newer music and the band itself, so I just don't want that cluttering up the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi Twilightning

Nightwish are a fabulous band. I only got into them in 2004 and since then they have been my favourite band. So much in fact I was compelled to buy a keyboard and am currently learning to play some of their songs (Nemo, A Return to the Sea, The Siren, The Islander). Really looking forward to finally seeing them perform live in March 2009. The change in vocalist was a huge decision to make and I believe they got it spot on with the replacement (Anette). Tarja has such an amazingly classically trained voice and it was always going to be a huge undertaking to find her successor. When it was announced that Anette had joined the band (an album already written, composed and arranged two years prior to her arrival) I immediately went to look for Alyson Avenue (her previous band) and was very impressed. Really liked "Tonight Is All You Get", she ads a completely new dimension to Nightwish. I remember reading people felt she didn't have the same connection with the audience that Tarja had. After watching the performance from the Lowlands Festival this year she was fantastic and has really opened up (after extensive touring)

Once is a brilliant album. "Ghost Love Score" and "Creek Marys Blood" are two amazing stories that are performed with so much feeling and emotion. Get goosebumps when ever I hear them (which is very regularly). Went back to the Wishmaster album (2000) very recently and have been on such a high since then. "Wishmaster", "She Is My Sin", "The Kinslayer", "Dead Boys Poem" are all brilliant tracks, it really is such a brilliant album.

The main reason why bands like Nightwish appeal to me is through the story telling. The words are so important and every song they have has such a deep meaning (Tuomas). The story is paramount and the performances are so real, you can feel the story unfolding as the songs progress. Truly breathtaking. "Ocean Soul" and "End of all Hope" from Century Child are my favourite two from that album. Fabulous storytelling and such resonence is felt throughout all of their albums.

"Eva", "Sahara", "Meadows of Heaven" from the newest album (Dark Passion Play) are so touching to hear and feel, they have a life of their own. I love "The Islander". I love the story behind his character, seeing his friends die and feeling his own mortality. It really is a gripping story and wonderfully performed by Marco. Finally we leave the best 'till last (imo), The Poet And The Pendulum. This is a song (story) I could never get tired of listening. It has everything in it, from historical references, longing for a lost innocence lost long ago, writing, self doubt, denial, happiness, family. My all time favourite Nightwish song. Listening to it, I look at my own life and can identify with so much of what is being told. If I have left anything out I apolgise. Sorry for rambling on, I had to say it.

DenMan wrote:
    If I have left anything out I apolgise. Sorry for rambling on, I had to say it.

That was an enlightening read, and I thank you for sharing it with us. No need to apologize for a thing. Nightwish needs more dedicated fans like you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

DenMan, that's the longest post I've seen in r/m in a very long time :pac:

As for Nightwish, I tried to get into them, I've got a their Century's Child cd knocking about somewhere but I haven't listened to it more than a couple of times. I'll have to dig it out sometime soon I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

DenMan, that's the longest post I've seen in r/m in a very long time :pac:

As for Nightwish, I tried to get into them, I've got a their Century's Child cd knocking about somewhere but I haven't listened to it more than a couple of times. I'll have to dig it out sometime soon I guess.

lol...what can I say, I love writing. Thanks for reading. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Been a Nightwish fan for years. I do prefer their older stuff - my favourite NW album is Century Child. Like DenMan, I do think that the lyrics are amazing and there are certain songs that I could just listen to all day. Ghost Love Score just never gets old.

Tarja vs Anette? Different styles really. Tarja is far more of an opera singer, while Anette is far more of a standard female symphonic metal vocalist. Both bring different things to the music, and I *did* enjoy Dark Passion Play, far more than I thought I would. I do think Eva was an absolutely terrible choice of a first single from the album though, and that either Amaranth or The Islander should have been released first.

I just saw the best shirt ever on their official website shop:

http://www.nwshop.fi/productinfo.cfm?tuotenumero=199681&from=startpage&lang=en

xD

I just saw the best shirt ever on their official website shop:

http://www.nwshop.fi/productinfo.cfm?tuotenumero=199681&from=startpage&lang=en

xD
    I want it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

Nightwish are my fav band as well, and they completely blew me away live when they came here in April. I got to meet them briefly afterwards which was absolutely surreal and ****ing deadly...

Sahara's an underrated one, definitely one of the best on DPP. The Escapist is pretty savage too. If you haven't heard it, listen now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Do I need to post anything here?!!! They are obviously my all time favourite band. I've had the privilege of meeting them a few times and are all genuinely really nice people. I've seen them live 6 times (twice with Tarja and 4 times with Anette) and have plans to see them a further 3 times next year.

Musically Dark Passion Play is their finest album, but my heart still belongs to Century Child. It had only been released when I first started listening to the band. Lyrically and musically, it is one of the most poignant albums and definately marked a turning point in the sound and direction of the band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Well I appear to have gotten late to this thread, there's not much for me to add :). I have to say that, for me, the changing of the vocalist was irrelevant because the music of Nightwish comes from Tuomas. He is the most important part of the band, not whoever happens to be singing. I think that Tarja is the better singer but Anette is the better front-woman. She seems much more comfortable on stage, sharing jokes and interacting with the crowd to a much higher degree than Tarja.

I would also recommend anyone who's only familiar with the songs from Once and Dark Passion Play to check out their back catalogue. Some of their earliest stuff is fabulous, like Nymphomaniac Fantasia or Tutankhamen off Angels Fall First or Ever Dream off Century Child. Here's one song I really wish they would play live. It's another 10 minute+ epic...

Beauty Of The Beast

See if you can recognise the female singer on this song ;):

Oceanborn is quite possibly one of their best albums, the greats being Gethsemane, Passion and the Opera, Sleeping Sun and Walking in the Air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Nettan is in Pain's new single and she recorded a song with the Rasmus too, which didnt make it onto the album. She's proving quite popular in the rock scene, and only with the band (well out in the open!) for just over a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I downloaded their catalogue based on the glowing praise from this thread and I'm a bit underwhelmed.

Is it not a bit, well....poppy? As in like what the pop version of metal would be? You've got Metallica-esque distorted rhythm guitar and soaring strings which is all good as it sounds a lot like S&M in places but the vocal melodies just sound too quirky and out of place. Don't like your man's voice at all.

EDIT: To back up my point, the song 'Where Were You Last Night' from 'Once' sounds like a rock version of 'Heaven Is A Place On Earth' by Belinda Carlisle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Does anyone keep reading this as Nightwish - The Defective Thread or is it just me ?

Oceanborn is quite possibly one of their best albums, the greats being Gethsemane, Passion and the Opera, Sleeping Sun and Walking in the Air.
    Funnily enough, the only one of those songs I particularly like is Walking In The Air and that's probably just because of the whole Snowman/Christmas cartoon (I can't remember what it's called but I'm sure you know what I mean :) ).
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    I downloaded their catalogue based on the glowing praise from this thread and I'm a bit underwhelmed.
    To be fair, if you've downloaded their entire catalogue, you've got hours of music to get through! When I first got into Nightwish I bought a bunch of their albums at the same time and listened to them as a group so it was difficult to pick out individual songs. Have a listen to these songs and if you're still underwhelmed I'm afraid there's nothing more I can do for you ;):

Ghost Love Score
    Dead Boys Poem
    Beauty of The Beast
    Nymphomaniac Fantasia
    Ever Dream
    Creek Mary's Blood
    The Poet And The Pendulum
    Amaranth
    Xavi6 wrote:
    Is it not a bit, well....poppy? As in like what the pop version of metal would be? You've got Metallica-esque distorted rhythm guitar and soaring strings which is all good as it sounds a lot like S&M in places but the vocal melodies just sound too quirky and out of place. Don't like your man's voice at all.
    Power Metal generally has a lot of synths and strings in it, that doesn't neccessarily make it poppy.

Funnily enough, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they dislike the singing, either from Anette/Tarja or Marco. What made them seem quirky and out of place for you?
    Xavi6 wrote:
    EDIT: To back up my point, the song 'Where Were You Last Night' from 'Once' sounds like a rock version of 'Heaven Is A Place On Earth' by Belinda Carlisle!
    Well, to be fair, it is a cover of a 1989 song by a Swedish singer called Ankie Bagger :).

Since Heaven Is A Place On Earth was a monster hit from 2 years previously it's no surprise that other artists borrowed elements from it. Anyway, I realise I'll probably get slaughtered for asking this on the Rock/Metal forum but what's wrong with 80's pop?
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    Does anyone keep reading this as Nightwish - The Defective Thread or is it just me ?
    I've managed to read it as "Nightwish - The Infinite Thread" and "Nightwish - The Definite Thread" on different occasions but my eyesight is terrible so at least I have an excuse ;).

malice_ wrote: »
    To be fair, if you've downloaded their entire catalogue, you've got hours of music to get through! When I first got into Nightwish I bought a bunch of their albums at the same time and listened to them as a group so it was difficult to pick out individual songs. Have a listen to these songs and if you're still underwhelmed I'm afraid there's nothing more I can do for you ;):

Ghost Love Score
    Dead Boys Poem
    Beauty of The Beast
    Nymphomaniac Fantasia
    Ever Dream
    Creek Mary's Blood
    The Poet And The Pendulum
    Amaranth

I've had a listen to all the albums and the songs about and I'm still not buying into the hype. I think they're listenable but not on a regular basis or for a prolonged period of time.
    Power Metal generally has a lot of synths and strings in it, that doesn't neccessarily make it poppy.

I like the strings and all that. It's more the vocal melodies that take it into the realms of pop.
    Funnily enough, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they dislike the singing, either from Anette/Tarja or Marco. What made them seem quirky and out of place for you?

Again it's the vocal melodies. They don't compliment each other very well imo. In fact, I'd go so far to say that the bloke is a bad singer and the weakest point of their music.
    Well, to be fair, it is a cover of a 1989 song by a Swedish singer called Ankie Bagger :).

Since Heaven Is A Place On Earth was a monster hit from 2 years previously it's no surprise that other artists borrowed elements from it. Anyway, I realise I'll probably get slaughtered for asking this on the Rock/Metal forum but what's wrong with 80's pop?

Ahhhh I see. Maybe that's why that particular song hits the pop chord in me.

Oh and btw there's absolutely nothing wrong with 80s pop! I have a pretty bug collection of it myself, 'Heaven Is A Place On Earth' being one of my favs! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Nobody made me a mod, but from my experience with Nightwish fans and the internet in general, you always get narrow-minded people with a die-hard devotion to their earlier stuff that can't accept a band has the right to evolve their style and change, and so just resort to profanities, both towards the fans of their newer music and the band itself, so I just don't want that cluttering up the thread.

I disagree, however I am biased as I prefer the new singer as she has a clearer voice. Sometimes it was like the tarja was muttering too much or 1/2 pronouncing words (case in point 'the fishmaster')

I think I like them due to good lyrics, good tunes and they aren't emo!

I've had a listen to all the albums and the songs about and I'm still not buying into the hype. I think they're listenable but not on a regular basis or for a prolonged period of time.
    Well, fair enough, I won't argue with you, you're entitled to your opinion. What I will say is that maybe it's possible you went to listen to them with expectations set too high? When I first heard Nightwish it was after I arrived home drunk at 4AM and turned on the television while I tucked into some junk food. The video for Nemo came on and my jaw dropped. I distinctly remember trying to type the band name into my phone so that I could look them up the following day :). My rambling point is that I had no expectations when I heard them first and so there was nowhere my opinion of them could go except up.
    Xavi6 wrote:
    I'd go so far to say that the bloke is a bad singer and the weakest point of their music.
    Better not listen to Tarot, Sinergy (I'm actually not sure if he ever sang with them), Northern Kings or Delain then :). Out of curiousity, who would you class as a good male rock/metal singer?
    Xavi6 wrote:
    Ahhhh I see. Maybe that's why that particular song hits the pop chord in me.
    Have you listened to any of their other covers? They've done versions of Wild Child by Dio, Over The Hills and Far Away by Gary Moore, Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth, Walking in The Air by Howard Blake and something by Ozzy Osbourne, the name of which escapes me :).
    Xavi6 wrote:
    Oh and btw there's absolutely nothing wrong with 80s pop!
    I know that and you know that, the trick is to convince everyone else ;).

• Advertisement

Better not listen to Tarot, Sinergy (I'm actually not sure if he ever sang with them), Northern Kings or Delain then :). Out of curiousity, who would you class as a good male rock/metal singer?

Rob Flynn from Machinehead is probably the best metal singer I've seen. Corey Taylor is pretty damn impressive considering his vocal range goes from the hardcore angst to the soft and melodic.

I like Hetfield because of the anger in a lot of Metallica's heavier stuff and Matt Bellamy has the ultimate 'soaring' voice.

Rob Flynn from Machinehead is probably the best metal singer I've seen. Corey Taylor is pretty damn impressive considering his vocal range goes from the hardcore angst to the soft and melodic.

I like Hetfield because of the anger in a lot of Metallica's heavier stuff and Matt Bellamy has the ultimate 'soaring' voice.
    Damn, I was hoping to lay into your preferred choice of vocalist but I can't argue with any of the above as I like them all too :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ZiMZuM

Like a few people i happened to stumple across Nightwish quite by accident,was near xmas 2 years ago at the time and i was searching online for the classic walking in the air when i saw nightwish's one,had a listen and was very impressed so i then clicked on a link of over the hills and when i heard that i was hooked.

i agree what a previous poster has said about Tarja muttering words,i mean i love the song stargazers but if i hadnt looked it up i wouldnt know most of the words she sings in it! At least with Anette you can clearly hear the lyrics.

Saw them at Vicar street in April,best gig ive ever been to,would love to head planet hell and kinslayer though.I was right up the v top in front of Emppu,even managed ta throw my Irish flag onstage,was great seeing the band bowing at the end and holding it up :D + got to meet the whole band except Emppu outside afterwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

I honestly cant listewn to this kinda music.... metal, hardcore, anything along them lines is Grand but a women... singing metal ??

JAsus.... this aint the X facotr lads, girls simpley dont have the bass in there voice to pull off a metal song ( hence the term pussy metal, much like screamo, just a differant name tag :) )

Eveyr man to his/her own...

S.I.R wrote: »
    I honestly cant listewn to this kinda music.... metal, hardcore, anything along them lines is Grand but a women... singing metal ??

JAsus.... this aint the X facotr lads, girls simpley dont have the bass in there voice to pull off a metal song ( hence the term pussy metal, much like screamo, just a differant name tag :) )

I've an awful feeling this post is actually serious. God help you if you're that closed-minded when it comes to listening to music. You're going to miss out on a lot.

I've an awful feeling this post is actually serious. God help you if you're that closed-minded when it comes to listening to music. You're going to miss out on a lot.

I'm actually afraid that post is serious. Malice would be right on the money here. It is a rather simple-minded attitude to present when talking about music, metal in particular.

It's not as if there's a checklist to fill out and having 'bass' in your voice is a box that has to be ticked if you're considering becoming the vocalist for a heavy metal band. There's actually so many sub-genres of it that you can't possibly place them all under the one umbrella.

Have you ever listened to a power metal band before like Helloween or Stratovarius? The vocalists soar and hit all of those high register notes. I guess they're not to be considered metal, no?

Have you ever listened to a power metal band before like Helloween or Stratovarius? The vocalists soar and hit all of those high register notes. I guess they're not to be considered metal, no?

Jarkko Ahola from Terasbetoni is a great example of this too, he throws his voice to an incredible degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Nightwish have their guitar tone just perfect imho.
    I wanderlust when the song slows down and it just that guatar riff

Chug chug chug,chug. chug chug chug.chug
    Chug chug chug,chug. chug,chug,chug chug.chug
    Chug chug chug,chug. chug chug chug.chug
    nar nar nar,nar,nar,nar. chug,chug,chug,chug.

Class!

He uses a dual rectifier head i believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

He doesn't actually use the Rectifier. He has it for backup just in case his rack konks out.

But his racked rig consists of a Sansamp PSA-1 I think it's called (preamp), an effects rack unit that I can't remember off the top of my head. A Marshall poweramp, although I think he's just recently switched it with a Mesa poweramp since being in the States, all controlled with a behringer Midi controller. Also has a Wah and a Digitech Whammy on stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

S.I.R wrote: »

I'd disagree completely, just watch this:

Though that might be a completely different debate. Anyone want to start a girls singing metal thread?

Anyone want to start a girls singing metal thread?
    Since I had a few minutes to kill in work, I went ahead and did just that. See here :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

i was really into the nightwish, within temptation lacuna coil bands and it grew from there. saw them at vicar st and got to meet the band after the gig. seem really nice and down to earth. i cant wait for the gig in brixton. my fave albums would be hard to pick as they are so good .really like the dark passion pklay album and my fav songs would be
    the
    poet and the pendulum
    amaranth
    last of the wilds
    the heart i once had
    i also love the old stuff aswell. never seen the band with tarja only in dvd but i do think that the gig was amazing in april and as long as the albums are as good as the last one i be happy.
    the ghost love score is a great song like the video for nemo as well
    really glad i got into such a great band the lyrics of some of the songs are just amazing. it be great to meet up with a few nightwishers heading to the gig that night in london sure post me and we meet up somewhere for a few b4 and after. all the best
    have a great xmas and new year

does anyone know when new nightwish album or tour is. whats people view on new lead singer floor jansen. seen a few clips on youtube and think she great

Haven't seen much of her with Nightwish, but loved her with After Forever. I think she's a good choice for them.

villains77 wrote: »
    does anyone know when new nightwish album or tour is. whats people view on new lead singer floor jansen. seen a few clips on youtube and think she great

They're starting recording for the next album in 2014 so I'd imagine it'd be 2015 at the earliest for another album since Tuomas likes to take his time and the band themselves tour extensively to support each new album they put out.

I caught Nightwish live over in London in November just gone and Jansen really does do wonders for their sound, though I thought her rendition of Slow, Love, Slow was fairly bland compared to Anette's delivery, both on the album and how Anette performed it live before they parted ways with her. Other than that she wouldn't be a shabby replacement at all but all these years on I still do have a soft spot for poor ol' Anette. It's a shame she's no longer with them since I was quite looking forward to seeing her. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

The latest post on their facebook page said the adventure continues in May, so I presume there are some summer gigs/festivals planned...

blastman wrote: »
    The latest post on their facebook page said the adventure continues in May, so I presume there are some summer gigs/festivals planned...

hope they play dublin again was great the last time in vicar st with annette.

Floor Jansen and Troy Donockley have been announced as permanent (well, you know I mean!) members of Nightwish.

From Facebook:

"Ms. Floor Jansen is a keeper.

Also, we will be a six-piece band from now on, as Mr. Troy Donockley (uilleann pipes, low whistles, vocals) will become a full-time member of NIGHTWISH.

Originally we were going to wait until 2014 to make a decision about the future line-up of the band, but the past year has clearly shown us that Floor and Troy are perfect matching pieces to our puzzle, and we are really grateful of the bond that has grown between all of us. We love you guys.

Tuomas
    Marco
    Jukka
    Emppu

Commented vocalist Floor Jansen: "Words cannot describe what I feel! This union is beyond everything and I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to continue this amazing journey with my new brothers! Once I had a dream…and this is it!!!"

Piper/whistleman, added vocalist Troy Donockley: "`Imaginaerum World Tour´was a revelation to me and in that time, I became aware of a growing unity and then, finally, a transcendence of all the usual nonsense that affects bands. A beautiful process. And since the idea, the musical dream that is NIGHTWISH has been a part of me since before I was born, I am delighted to officially sail into uncharted waters with my brothers and sister. Wondrous scenes Ahoy! ""

I'm really happy about this. Been a big fan of Floor Jansen since the days of After Forever and I think this is where she's finally going to get the worldwide recognition she deserves. No doubt the next album is going to be killer as long as Tuomas uses her voice to its full advantage.

Not sure how I feel about Troy. The songs that he's featured in are really cool but I'm a bit apprehensive about all of the future songs having pipes in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Think its relevant to reignite this thread as they are on the verge of releasing a new album, the band announced a show for Wembley today I take it there is no chance of a show here? might have to wander over...

338379.jpg

• Advertisement

Christ I'm still subscribed to this thread nearly 7 years later.

****e that they haven't been here since 2008. They pulled in quite a crowd at Vicar Street and now there's apparently no interest in having them over again so it looks like I might have to head to London to see them again after their 2012 show I caught.

Arch Enemy were fantastic with Kreator and I'd love to see them live again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Wow, was it really 2008 they last played? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Didn't make any shows they did here :(

Caught them with Annette all the same was a brill show.

Was at that Kreator gig ya wouldn't mind seeing AE again soon.

£29.50 for that isn't bad either considering it's an arena show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Anybody else notice she has her hand on the guy to her lefts crotch.....the expression on his face says it all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

xtradel wrote: »
    Anybody else notice she has her hand on the guy to her lefts crotch.....the expression on his face says it all :)

I do now :P:P

Sweet! May try and pop on over :D

xtradel wrote: »

Well, he's only human.. :)

Dunno if anyone here would be interested in this sort of thing, but...

New Nightwish single ;)

I'm loving the new single. I was expecting something a little heavier but I can wait for the album for that. This is a good taster. Floor's vocals are just phenomenal. It sounds like a totally different band with her. It's the same sound but you feel like you have a new, more mature storyteller (no disrespect to Anette, I always enjoyed her voice).

Also very worth sharing is the B-side 'Sagan'. They sound like a 'band' band again with these songs - the orchestra isn't so much at the forefront. To me it's actually very reminiscent of earlier stuff, like on Wishmaster:

I'm loving the new single. I was expecting something a little heavier but I can wait for the album for that. This is a good taster.

Their singles are usually more kinda pop songs compared to rest of the album tracks, like Nemo or Amaranth, so I'm sure something heavier will be on offer ;)

Anyone listened to the new album yet? I've refrained from it until my physical copy arrived in the post (which happened yesterday) so I'm about to launch into it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement