Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what should my speed be?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have recently been upgraded to BT up to 24 Mb from 1 Mb

Im using zyxel prestige 660 hw same modem i had with 1 Mb and the same filters on the phone plug

What speeds should i be getting ?

here are my line stats any help would be grate? how i could improve it ?

Downstream
    noise margin downstream: 4 db
    output power upstream: 11 db
    attenuation downstream: 31 db

Upstream
    noise margin upstream: 8 db
    output power downstream: 19 db
    attenuation upstream: 17 db

354817306.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

You need to get your profile lowered as soon as possible, your line simply can't handle the speeds.

See your noise margin at 4dB? That should be at 10dB at least for a decent 4-6MB connection. Contact BT and ask them to see what speeds you can handle and then request to get it lowered, they can do it quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Unkle77

Is there anyway i can fix the noise levels ? new filters, modem etc. the connection point looks ancient? can i upgrade that ?

Also i have an addition line to bedroom that i bodged myself an i know nothing about phone lines ? could that have caused the noise?

Edit : my line stats are different today

355471828.png

Advertisement