Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Last Waltz" Tribute, Fri 21 Nov, The Village

Options
  • 12-11-2008 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Following on from our two successful shows in the Buttonfactory we're doing another Tribute to the Band's "The Last Waltz" on Fri 21st Nov in The Village, Wexfords Street. See flyer for more info.

To get an idea, check out some amateur videos we've posted on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-nYR9YZSR8)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Big fan of the band. Will bring a big group of mates, looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The Group

Excellent, let us know what you think of the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Amazing gig yet again fair play! The Button Factory is a much better venue though

Hi thanks again for your nice feedback Spiderdan (and for coming to our show again!) True, the stage is very small and it was a bit of a squeeze at times... but we had a blast nevertheless.
    We're off to Waterford next, 23rd December in the Electric Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Hey lads, amazing gig on Friday night, was much better than expected! Loved the brass ensemble it sounded class and guests were brilliant, very very close to the real thing! best part was Van the man (switch on your electric LIGHT) and we all got to do our Van kicks, we were waiting all night!

Seriously though I wish ye the best of luck with this, it's hard I'm sure because it's a tribute to a generally unheard of band (people are idiots). Most folk I tell about it are like..what band..yeah but what's their name...the last who?? But still I think anyone that goes along without hearing of the band would absolutely love it, I'll be recommending it for sure anyway.

Have you have any gigs planned for new years in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ByrdsFan

The Group wrote: »
    Hi thanks again for your nice feedback Spiderdan (and for coming to our show again!) True, the stage is very small and it was a bit of a squeeze at times... but we had a blast nevertheless.
    We're off to Waterford next, 23rd December in the Electric Avenue.

Cannot wait for this, I cant tell you how overjoyed I was when I heard that there would be a last waltz tribute night. Im spreading the word as much as possible, its very rare to get a tribute night of this kind. Judging by the youtube vids, it will be a cracking night out.
    Fair play to ya lads, cya on the 23rd :D

That's great man. Here's a link to the flyer for the waterford gig. Tickets are available through ticketmaster and BPM Records.
    Will post full details here closer to the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 damianbutler

Howya all,
    I thought ye might like to know about the live tribute to The Last Waltz on in The Olympia 14th May 2010. It's the whole shabang with a 14 piece band and the big brass section.
    Basicly the whole Last Waltz gig live with all the different guests (Ronnie Hawkins, Neil Young, Joni Mitchel, Neil Diamond, Dr. John, Eric Clapton, Van Morrison, Bobby Charles, Paul Butterfield, Muddy Waters and Bob Dylan.
    It's the same lads that performed it in The Village and The Button Factory and all over the country but it's on a much bigger scale!

I was onto The Olympia box office and they said that the tickets would be only be available from next week.

Thanks and see ya soon:eek:

Damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Last Waltz Live is back in the Olympia Thursday 13th October. Got my tickets today. Highly recommended by a friend of mine who went to a previous performance. Looking forward to them trying to recreate Van Morrisson's high kicks.

Advertisement