Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christianity Forum

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Why a whole feedback thread? Just PM one of the mods about your outrage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Sorry, I thought that this is what this is for. :)

I just pmed you. Bad language shouldn't be tolerated especially since a lot of children use boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the conversation was fairly legitmate: his last post there was not, where he started on about the last supper and all that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Oh for fuck sake don't be so goddamn ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I don't know if you're being serious or not but if you take it up with one of the moderators (I'm not one) they might do something about it. Feedback and Helpdesk are only supposed to be used after PM'ing the moderator and still not being satisfied with the outcome.

Don't go near the Thunderdome btw if you dislike reading bad language!

• Advertisement

tribulus wrote: »
    I don't know if you're being serious or not but if you take it up with one of the moderators (I'm not one) they might do something about it. Feedback and Helpdesk are only supposed to be used after PM'ing the moderator and still not being satisfied with the outcome.

Yeah. Or outside your house or around other people or out to the pub or to a restaurant cinema or night club.
    And whatever you do don't turn on the telly after 9 at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

tribulus wrote: »

Im being very serious. Surely there is a rule against such language. Its really going out of control now, its very obvious that this person is there to mock and cause trouble only.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055417952&page=3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Down with that sort of thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

In all fairness the OP has a valid point. There's a time and place for everything and the Christianity forum is not the place for offensive, to Christians, Slayer album covers and bad language. It's humourless trolling and a stop should be put to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Gareth37 wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=333

There seems to be a distinct lack of moderation on the forum. The forum contains profanity and blasphemy from the antichrist.

The first post on the thread contains profanity
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055417952

I hope that you can help. Such cursing should not be allowed on any forum but especially not the Christianity forum.

I've read that thread. For some reason i could only report one post,and the timer is now stuck. Meh. If you wanna throw stones in glass houses,you should be banned for backseat modding,or for posting on thread that a user should be banned.it just starts flame wars or drags off topic. Reported. *smash*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

In fairness Hagar some of the regulars there is not doing much to help the matter, y'know, actively engaging, baiting etc

OP
    Antichrist??? WTF???

Edit: Seems to me you are wound a little tight. thats ok. We can help with that :p

Oh,and i agree with hagar,christianity isn't the best place to discuss slayer ffs.

I dont think Nailz, in his optimism, was looking to discuss slayer in the christianity forum, rather the religious reasons as to why something as camply satanist as a slayer cover would be offensive. In fairness it wasn't really a trolling thread Hagar though I will grant you it is a bit light considering some of the heady discussion in the Christianity forum.
    However I think that the question is a valid one and put in the right place. I also don't think that the use of swearwords was OTT because there was clearly no invective or malice meant behind it. I also do not see why Christianity and swear words are mutually exclusive. I have known priests and Christians that swear like sailors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I just pmed you. Bad language shouldn't be tolerated especially since a lot of children use boards.ie.

Boards.ie is rated 13+ and it is up to parents to monitor and restrict their children internet use and exposure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Maybe the Christianity forum should be readable but closed off like Soccer? In fairness it's a sitting target for smart-arsery. At times I've had to hold back myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Dunno why the op is so worried about bad language, does he not have other things to worry about given that he believes the end of the world or some other such bullsh1t is coming

Also, there is no god.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Dudess wrote: »
    Maybe the Christianity forum should be readable but closed off like Soccer? In fairness it's a sitting target for smart-arsery. At times I've had to hold back myself...

... But then how could we keep tabs on when they have armageddon pencilled in for?

Wait, can we swear now?

Damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

well that's bollox anyway :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

**** arse clit bitch cock **** bastard whore hotdickens

edit: Excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

DrTran ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

The forum contains profanity and blasphemy from the antichrist.

wait wait wait wait wait.

Did you just deem another user the antichrist??

....we can do that now? Awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The forum contains profanity and blasphemy from the antichrist.
    Please be taking the piss... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Dudess wrote: »
    Please be taking the piss... :(
    Shut it, Antichrist.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Please tell me this is a troll cos the alternative is too scarey to contemplate.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

While language is *meh* posts like "Does this offend you?" are asking for trouble. Because if it doesn't you will find people will keep pushing it until someone gets banned, while annoying others in the process.

Short answer is, everything will offend someone somewhere.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm wondering how some people in that thread were not banned for being tools, and why that train wreck of a topic is not locked for good. :confused:

It's like some horrific dance-off between the Sharks in West Side Story and the LA Crips.

Dades wrote: »
    I'm wondering how some people in that thread were not banned for being tools, and why that train wreck of a topic is not locked for good. :confused:

It's like some horrific dance-off between the Sharks in West Side Story and the LA Crips.

I don't think the mods were online at the time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Nerin wrote: »
    I don't think the mods were online at the time.
    There's two mod posts in the thread since the wee hours!

I'm just surprised it wasn't nailed shut.

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »
    There's two mod posts in the thread since the wee hours!

I'm just surprised it wasn't nailed shut.

Yup,checking back on it,i see em.

Advertisement