Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christianity Forum

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Troll. On the soccer forum at least, and his previous accounts on the horseracing forum - only 99% sure he is finnpark tho.

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

The mods did warn about profanity early this morning.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57886250&postcount=70

Also, from what I can see in the charter, blasphemy isn't against the rules. Would imagine it would stop a lot of threads if it did. No one would be able to question Gods existence for a start in the forum.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I wouldn't say this in thread or in forum because of back seat modding but hey, this is feedback (must find cat pics...)

This guy gareth is either a sophisticated troll or slightly unhinged. I very much doubt that someone who pushes the beliefs he claims to hold could act as a functioning member of society. And I think (from other posts in other forums) that his persona in the christianity forum is a put on job.

And so he is pushing this whole blashemy / antichrist / uber-believer schtick. And people are rising to it and little mini-wars are breaking out all over the place. Methinks a big heavy dose of ban-stick and thread-lock bandied about for a few days would see the forum settle back to it's normal self.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

LALALAALA NOT LISTENING YOUR ALL ANTICHRISTS LALALALALALALALALA

...see what I did there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Gareth666 wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=333

There seems to be a distinct lack of moderation on the forum. The forum contains profanity and blasphemy from the antichrist.

The first post on the thread contains profanity
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055417952

I hope that you can help. Such cursing should not be allowed on any forum but especially not the Christianity forum.

If you're a troll, allI can do is salute you.

This is the single best line I have ever seen posted here

Gareth666 wrote:
    The forum contains profanity and blasphemy from the antichrist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Just wondering how long a similar thread woild have lasted on another forum, Islam for instance?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Do other religions have an antichrist too? I'd love to see the Buddhist one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Zaph wrote: »

Actually,there were many demons in buddhist lore,i'm sure someone from their forum could fill you in better than i could.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I read the OP's post and just thought "oh FFS".

That's it. ffs.

Please don't post pictures of Slayer on the forum or use naughty words, so we can get back to asking questions like "are athiests evil?".

Religious people are the most intolerant & smug I've ever met. If heaven is full of them, then hand me my trident & horns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Maximilian wrote: »

That's it. ffs.

Please don't post pictures of Slayer on the forum or use naughty words, so we can get back to asking questions like "are athiests evil?".

Religious people are the most intolerant & smug I've ever met. If heaven is full of them, then hand me my trident & horns.

I see that you're not making generalisations so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Zaph wrote: »

Antibuddha doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as antichrist tho :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Macros42 wrote: »

Post of the year IMO. It works on so many levels.
    Unlike religion. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Define "religious people"? There are plenty of posters in the atheism forum who demonstrate no tolerance for anyone's spiritual beliefs.

While Im not sure of the seriousness of the OP in this thread, reading the relevant thread in the Christianity forum, it does appear like Nailz was poo stirring. While its not apparant in his original post, he asks for people's opinions which he proceeds to piss over with his point of view. For example the reason he doesnt find it offensive it because its cool and he loves Slayer. That doesnt make it less offensive to anyone else.

Really posters should have just ignored his thread though. And South of Heaven is a way better album.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

faceman wrote: »
    Define "religious people"? There are plenty of posters in the atheism forum who demonstrate no tolerance for anyone's spiritual beliefs.
    +1 IMH like with gender roles, Ireland is still finding it's feet with religion. We've only quite recently come out of our rigid past. There's a touch of the adolescent rebellion in ireland about religion. Specifically catholicism/christianity. That end of it really get it in the neck for boringly obvious reasons.

As Hagar points out that thread would have lasted milliseconds in islam(or indeed any of the other religious fora). IMHO rightfully so. Reasoned debate fine. Extracting the urine, not so good. OK depending on the rigidity of the faith in question that line is blurred. Islam would be less tolerant than buddhism or christianity say, but that thread was clearly stirring though.

As for the OP being a troll? Probable, but I have met on more than one occasion real people who would hold similar views.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Am i the only person who is impressed that we have the Antichrist posting on boards.ie?

Bad ass.

*digs out Team Satan Ice Hockey Jersey*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Dragan wrote: »
    Am i the only person who is impressed that we have the Antichrist posting on boards.ie?

Bad ass.

*digs out Team Satan Ice Hockey Jersey*

And he would have gone unnoticed if it wasn't for you pesky kids

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

In fairness, I don't think Nailz was trolling - it was a fair question. But he should have kept the swearing down because it is specifically written in the Chirstianity charter that swearing ins't allowed.
    Posts like this were unecessary.

On the other hand, Gareth is fairly obviously a troll:
    Gareth37 wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=333

There seems to be a distinct lack of moderation on the forum. The forum contains profanity and blasphemy from the antichrist.
    Nailz is the antichrist? Well that's a bit disappointing. No offence to Nailz, but for an antichrist I'd expect something much more badass.
    Boston wrote: »
    **** arse clit bitch cock **** bastard whore hotdickens
    hotdickens??? :confused:

"Antibuddha" - sounds a bit like an island in the Indian ocean!

EDIT: WOOHOO, my first time successfully multi-quoting. High five, anyone? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

EDIT: WOOHOO, my first time successfully multi-quoting. High five, anyone? :pac:

been-waiting-3-hourz-for-a-high-five.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Dave147 wrote: »
    Down with that sort of thing!

Careful now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Hagar wrote: »
    Just wondering how long a similar thread woild have lasted on another forum, Islam for instance?

The Islam forum is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

and that Christianity forum is littered with people taking the piss.

You mean the "believers" , right?

Apologies, i really couldn't help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

This thread popped up when I wasn't near a computer for the day. Anyway, it seems to have died down now and has begun to follow another course.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Hagar wrote: »

Well the OP would or probably gotten a warning and then I would have to end up banning 2-3 people on the thread because they would just see how far they could push the thread to be intentionally offensive while claiming their innocence. Then they would go crying to feedback forum to "FIGHT THE POWA" and how Islam has a personal vendetta against them (even though I am not even Muslim).

Seriously.

The OP could of described it and then let the people do the searching themselves.

It would be like saying in AH "Do you find tubgirl offensive?" (probably not a ban) to posting the tubgirl picture and saying the same question.

I don't know the Christianity level of moderation. Maybe they will allow that level of posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Generally we allow a fair amount of leeway in a serious discussion.

This thread has since been locked and heavy sack beatings have been dolled out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Gareth37 wrote: »

Some brilliant posts in this thread but those 2 really stand out :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Christians, at least they give ye a laugh.
    love it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

*flicks through bible*
    John3:16 wrote:
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life

*finds blank pages at end and grabs pencil*
    Gareth37 wrote:
    The forum contains profanity and blasphemy from the antichrist

*relaxes content with updated scripture*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

That's it. ffs.

:rolleyes:

Pfft. There are plenty of atheists on Boards ( and real life) who could give the religious people a run for their money in the 'intolerant and smug' stakes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement