Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burnley Vs Chelsea

• 12-11-2008 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Fairly decent team out for Chelsea:

Cudicini, Ivanovic, Alex, Belletti, Bridge, Ferreira, Deco, Mineiro, Malouda, Drogba, Kalou.

I think 2-0.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Hopefully we stay injury free and Drogba will be able to gain some match fitness. I'd like to see Di Santo,Sinclair and Stoch given a run out tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

No my connection is too slow. Is it on Tv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Lampard on for Belletti after 25, Chelsea one up through Drogba a minute later. Lampard with the assist.

Says it all about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

1-1 now how will this go down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

How's Chris McCann playing? A lot of noises from the Ireland supporters for him to get a call up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Great ! Drogba is back and scoring (good finish )
    That's all we F**king need :D:D

Peno's.

The BBC Live text says Burnley had 51% Possession.:confused::eek:

• Advertisement

Bridge misses. 1-3 to Burnley on peno's after Eagles scores with Chelsea having 1 in hand.

Kalou... scores. 2-3.

McDonald... scores. 2-4. Chelsea have to score.

Ferreira... scores. 3-4.

Elliott misses.....

Malouda still must score to level it for sudden death. He scores. 4-4.

Duff.... scores. 4-5.

Mikel... SAVE!

Burnley through!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

2-1 to burnley wayne bridge peno saved
    3-1 to burnley

aw no...

its 4-4 on peno's sudden death now

wahey
    gwan burnley mikel missed
    burnley win 5-4 on peno's

that must bring back some bad memories for chelsea haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

*cries*

That was some save from Mikel's peno.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

V!alli wrote: »
    *cries*

*Laughs*:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Anyone running a book on how long it takes jackdaw to pop in for a whine? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

Harpy wrote: »
    wahey
    gwan burnley mikel missed
    burnley win 5-4 on peno's

that must bring back some bad memories for chelsea haha

2005-2006.... as has been pointed out elsewhere lost to charlton at home on penos... won the league

of course we wont mention moscow still pains me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

V!alli wrote: »
    *cries*

me too

at lest its only the league cup

grrr

:mad:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

A lot of Chelsea's fringe players in that side and now they're out of the cup - but I thought Chelsea respected the competition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah was gonna say the same thing. Shove that up your arse Ray Wilkins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

did anyone actually see the game?

did burnley play well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

UTV now - highlights about to start! good timing :)

edit:

or maybe not, they're just showing the goals after showing extensive highlights of Liverpool :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

A lot of Chelsea's fringe players in that side and now they're out of the cup - but I thought Chelsea respected the competition?

Here I am !!!!

f**king penalties .. I hate them ... the last shootout I watched that I saw my
    team win ... was Ireland v Romania ... Italy 1990 ...

my team ALWAYS losed a penalty shoot out .. even if I am just supporting a random team .. like Italy v Spain this year ... Croatia v Turkey ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I'm absolutely devistated. The Carling cup. No. I really wanted to win that one this year!

A lot of fringe / unfit players out there so not surprised and in no way upset at all about it. I can't stand the carling cup and really wish they would just get rid of it all together. Its like a cup for the sake of having a cup, there should only be the League and the FA Cup if you ask me.

Anyway well done to Burnley fully deserved it and good luck to them. Keeper was excellent in the pens. I think Wilkins of all people knows the media stance on the Carling cup. He has to say things like they are fully commited to it but in reality he knows its a mickey mouse competition thats a drain on the squad if nothing else. Of course he can't say that as thats even more disrespect that fielding a 2nd string team.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mickey Mouse competition or not, fair play to Burnley. It's a huge achievement for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

How long is Drogba going to be banned for? As I understand, if a support throws a coin, they get banned for life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

iregk wrote: »
    I'm absolutely devistated. The Carling cup. No. I really wanted to win that one this year!

A lot of fringe / unfit players out there so not surprised and in no way upset at all about it. I can't stand the carling cup and really wish they would just get rid of it all together. Its like a cup for the sake of having a cup, there should only be the League and the FA Cup if you ask me.

Wonder would you still feel that way if Roman pissed off and you had to sell the superstars and compete at mid table because the financial might of teams like Man City, United and Arsenal was to much to compete against;)

Very disappointed.:o

Babybing wrote: »
    Wonder would you still feel that way if Roman pissed off and you had to sell the superstars and compete at mid table because the financial might of teams like Man City, United and Arsenal was to much to compete against;)

I don't see why not. I've been supporting Chelsea long before RA arrived on the scene and though as much for the Bacardi and Coke cup then as I do now.

As I said earlier, I doubt many Chelsea fans are upset with this but take nothing away from Burnley, deserved and best of luck to them. I don't want to say great achievement by them as it might sound like belittling them but its certainly a scalp none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

This result put a smile on my face last night. Well done Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

MY dad had been banging on about a quadruple, i'm happy that bubble has burst for him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

jackdaw wrote: »
    Here I am !!!!

f**king penalties .. I hate them ... the last shootout I watched that I saw my
    team win ... was Ireland v Romania ... Italy 1990 ...

my team ALWAYS losed a penalty shoot out .. even if I am just supporting a random team .. like Italy v Spain this year ... Croatia v Turkey ..

So you weren't a Chelsea fan back in 1998 then when they last won a penalty shoot out. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

deisedevil wrote: »
    So you weren't a Chelsea fan back in 1998 then when they last won a penalty shoot out. :P

Ooooh SNAP!

The funny thing is for the past 4 years Chelsea fans have to put up with a bit of abuse because someone at the club comes out and says we want the quad. Lets be honest, thats never going to happen for any club and we all know that.

I often think the club get somewhat mis quoted on this topic. Of course every comp the club goes in for they will say they want to win it. In reality the League, CL and FA (in that priority) are the only ones of concern. Anything else is a bonus and a bit of a laugh. Every club comes out at the start of any comp and says we want to win it yet for some reason when Chelsea say this the tabloid media grabs it and spins it as a "were going to win the quad" story.

Often even on this board people have posted up, the quad is gone now lads. In all honesty did you really think it was on in any case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

iregk wrote: »
    The funny thing is for the past 4 years Chelsea fans have to put up with a bit of abuse because someone at the club comes out and says we want the quad. Lets be honest, thats never going to happen for any club and we all know that.

Often even on this board people have posted up, the quad is gone now lads. In all honesty did you really think it was on in any case?

no, but I did want to take it back from spurs, sort of. It may be fairly meaningless and even a bit of a distraction at time from the real business of winning the league, but we have sorta got used to winning it and losing in such wimpish fashion at home wasn't part of the plan.

Hahahaha! That is all!

MY dad had been banging on about a quadruple, i'm happy that bubble has burst for him!!

You come from blue roots?! Oh man! At least i'm a thoroughbread!! My Dads a legend, 11 kids, 10 of them support Liverpool and he supports United! Oh how things could have been different!

F*ck yore da; yore MA's a legend! 11 f*cking kids?! :eek:

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »
    F*ck yore da; yore MA's a legend! 11 f*cking kids?! :eek:

My Da's family has 11 kids! I only have a brother!! But all my aunts and uncles support the Pool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

My Da's family has 11 kids! I only have a brother!! But all my aunts and uncles support the Pool!

Durex ftw

Ah I getcha now :p Yore GRANNY is a legend in that case :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hahahaha! That is all!

You come from blue roots?! Oh man! At least i'm a thoroughbread!! My Dads a legend, 11 kids, 10 of them support Liverpool and he supports United! Oh how things could have been different!

Yeah - A Chelsea and Rangers supporter! (though he only supports Rangers really cause it is expected of him as a protestant; not in a bigotted way - just when he was a kid he decided he would go with the flow and get on his mates nerves!)

My older brother supports Arsenal, of the younger kids 1 kinda supports Chelsea but isn't a big football fan, yet anyway. The other 5 kids have no real interest at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

That I saw !!!

and it was around 1999 when I became a fan .. with Vialli as manager ..

the first big match i watched with as a Chelsea fan was away to AC Milan
    1-1 Dennis wise equalised!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Just on a side note, is it possible for the Chelsea match discussion to stay in the mega Chelsea thread because normally are match threads run for about 10 posts maximum with mainly score updates. I realize the rule was brought in for the Liverpool Man Utd and Villa threads in particular but there are only about 7 Chelsea fans on the board

Advertisement