Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever wanted to work in a tattoo shop?

Options
  • 12-11-2008 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hell Funky's tattoo is opening up in a brand-new location, with new stuff and some pretty rad changes.

One of those changes includes a full time piercer/ shop manager, myself. Meg, hi.

I have been piercing for seven years and have all sorts of fancy certificates proving that I know what I'm talking about. I will teach you everything you need to know about piercing, what I like to call the "american way" and the "irish way", using different equipment and such. Not only will you learn to pierce but I intend to give my apprentice an education on how the business side of things work, as I will be making up new care sheets, brochures, ordering, doing inventory and doing some accounting.

I am looking for an eager, interested, enthusiastic piercing apprentice. Being an apprentice isn't easy and you'll have a LOT to learn. You don't get paid, but once you have completed your apprenticeship you will have a valuable skill, a portfolio, and if you make it that far, I'll probably ask you to work for me, so a built in job. This tattoo shop is close knit like a family, not like a corporation, so naturally we're all really chilled out nice people who get along and don't talk smack.. it's a really great, super fun work environment.. (about as much fun as work can be).

If you'd like to be considered for the position email me at:
    megronthedestroyer@gmail.com to set up an interview time, I'd like to do some interviews ASAP as I'm going to be extremely busy when we move to our new shop!

EDIT:
    since I'm an idiot and forgot to post it the first time, the new location is just off O'Connell street in City Centre. We're really excited about our new place! It's very central, easy to get to from all the public transportation, etc.

Thanks,
    Meg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I presume this new location is in dublin:( why cant any decent shops open down here:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

At least you have the option ray, i'm still in school. D:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

No, but I wanted to work in the lingerie shop across the road

it's not an option :( spent 3 years trying to get one. I would kill to live in dublin and get a shot at the apprenticeship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Yep, it's moving from marlborough street to the faraway location of . . . . Parnell street, at the corner of marlborough street :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Megron

Sofaspud wrote: »
    Yep, it's moving from marlborough street to the faraway location of . . . . Parnell street, at the corner of marlborough street :D

what a difference that move will make though, our location now is extremely hard to see where as the new one is nicely places on a corner and not on a street called, and i **** you not "Findlater Place" which is actually just a driveway with the shop and a hotel.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I assume apprenticeships are full time? Good luck to anyone applying from here, tis a noice opportunity :) and fair dues for posting this here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Good luck to all applicants :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

you couldn't pay me enough to put my hands in someones mouth, let alone doodle with their matted bits

Thats why you are a tattoo artist :pac:
    wus :p

• Advertisement

Iwill kill and sell the body parts of every member of this forum and sell my soul to the devil if i wake up tomorrow living in dubland

too late raze, you live in kk forever :p

Will wrote: »
    Thats why you are a tattoo artist :pac:
    wus :p

I'm sorry, I must have forgotten to mention

DOODLE WITH THEIR MATTED BITS

jeeeAYsus

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Iwill kill and sell the body parts of every member of this forum and sell my soul to the devil if i wake up tomorrow living in dubland
    Is that a threat or a promise?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Doodle, or diddle? o_0

A promise!!! Will dont remind me:( no parlours here:(

studios, studios

parlours makes em sound cheap

Megron wrote: »
    what a difference that move will make though, our location now is extremely hard to see where as the new one is nicely places on a corner and not on a street called, and i **** you not "Findlater Place" which is actually just a driveway with the shop and a hotel.

I know, I've talked to Seb about it :D

I like the old place, but Seb just seems so happy that he's getting his own room now! Haven't seen the new place yet, when's the move happening?

ske-rew that

parlours. the "studio" lark is some politcal correctness sanitising. parlours. We could ALL use the extra cache...

piercing parlours to me. FTW

• Advertisement

i cleared my cache :pac:
    damn pron

yeah you prob cleared your pipes too

I know, I've talked to Seb about it :D

I like the old place, but Seb just seems so happy that he's getting his own room now! Haven't seen the new place yet, when's the move happening?

lol, well seb had his own room, but he is a nice guy, so now he has a roommate *Waves*

a roommate with a partition, im sure.

lol, well seb had his own room, but he is a nice guy, so now he has a roommate *Waves*

a roommate with a partition, im sure.

Oh, you're moving in on his turf? Poor little Seb, he was so excited about his own room!

When is it fully moving? I'll be in there friday week, not sure which one to go to :D

Oh, you're moving in on his turf? Poor little Seb, he was so excited about his own room!

When is it fully moving? I'll be in there friday week, not sure which one to go to :D

Seb invited me to move in, so he isn't too sad. especially because im anally clean and organized. he'll come in one day and i'll be scrubbing the floor with a tooth brush or something. lol.. i'll make it up to him! come say hi when you come by. i'll be.. the only chick that works in the shop.

easy to spot though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Good luck to all applicants :D
    You applied?
    studios, studios
    parlours makes em sound cheap
    hot2def wrote: »
    ske-rew that
    parlours. the "studio" lark is some politcal correctness sanitising. parlours. We could ALL use the extra cache...
    Funny, I'd refer to a tattoo place as a parlour, but a piercing place as a studio... But I'm a little odd... (Little and odd! :D)
    Seb invited me to move in, so he isn't too sad. especially because im anally clean and organized. he'll come in one day and i'll be scrubbing the floor with a tooth brush or something. lol.. i'll make it up to him! come say hi when you come by. i'll be.. the only chick that works in the shop.

easy to spot though. :)
    When is the grand opening of the new place?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

and most importantly... shall there be edible goodies...

>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Haha! It's all about the crispie buns with you Ni ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i... i... am afraid to reply to that. ...

you on any sort of IM?

also, best of luck with Hell Funky's move. heard a few good things about ye, love sofaspud's ink, and am quite impressed by a lot of the stuff ive seen in one of the portfolios. best of luck, and keep the standards high! :D :cool:

• Advertisement

You applied?

Dunno yet, im fleshing it out in my noggin (yes it hurts)
    Will most likely pop into the place tomorrow and see what the shtory is

Advertisement