Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem uninstalling iTunes

• 12-11-2008 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Hope you can help.

I'm running Windows XP SP3 on a Mac Mini. I had a problem with iTunes in that I couldn't install the latest version using Apple Software Update. Apple Software Update reported:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"

"Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'iTunes.msi' in the box below"

The path was C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple\Apple Software Update\

iTunes.msi was in that folder, but the installer doesn't seem to recognise. I tried to uninstall iTunes using Add/Remove programs, but that failed with the same error, so I tried to uninstall iTunes manually by deleting the files and deleting references to it in the Uninstall part of the registry which Add/Remove programs uses.

Now I am left with iTunes still in Add/Remove Programs, except that there are no longer any Change or Remove buttons there. I can't find any references to iTunes in the Unistall section of the registry so I don't know how it still says it in Add/Remove Programs.

Installing iTunes from scratch using the download from apple.com still fails with the same error as before.

Any thoughts? Any help most appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Theres a way to clear the windows installer cache, it may help. >>>>

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Try and then try to install itunes again, I would actually download a fresh version of itunes from the Apple website again too just in case the .msi is fooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Feelgood wrote: »
    Theres a way to clear the windows installer cache, it may help. >>>>

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Try and then try to install itunes again, I would actually download a fresh version of itunes from the Apple website again too just in case the .msi is fooked.

Thanks for the reply. I tried this and iTunes was still listed in Add Rem Prog. I tried with iTunes again and it still gave the same error.

Hmm...

Advertisement