Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to set up password in Vista

• 12-11-2008 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hey guys,

I would be grateful if you could let me know how I can protect my computer with a password set up. Another question does a laptop consume a lot of electricity?

Thanks so much,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Password change:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/chgpassvista.htm

Power consumption is roughly the same as a normal desktop PC!. Though you can work off the battery on a laptop aswell which will consume less power...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 orca2008

Thank you feelgood for the prompt reply!! Much appreciated!!

orca2008 wrote: »
    Thank you feelgood for the prompt reply!! Much appreciated!!

No problem orca, your very welcome.

Back again, I have just gone into that link you sent me and about to create a password, so does that mean when I log off and log on again I will be asked to enter a password? Sorry for my ignorance about this, but I got someone to look at my computer when I bought it and they disabled the password set up.

Thank you.

Thats right Orca, follow the instructions on that page to set your windows password.

When you turn off the laptop and start it up again you will be asked for the password that you specified. Make sure its a cryptic password, ideally something with numbers and not something easy to guess.

Eg. F33lG00d

• Advertisement

I am afraid I will mess things up and wont be able to log on again, thanks again for your patience feelgood.......

No probs, don't be worrying about messing things up its very simple stuff and quite difficult to make a balls of.

If your ever stuck on how to do something remember that google is your best friend!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Feelgood wrote: »
    Thats right Orca, follow the instructions on that page to set your windows password.

When you turn off the laptop and start it up again you will be asked for the password that you specified. Make sure its a cryptic password, ideally something with numbers and not something easy to guess.

Eg. F33lG00d

Attempts boards log in with said password lol

awwwwwwwwwwww it doesnt work :mad: :D

Good adivce given there OP, mix it up using something not specific to you or easilly guessed at by those who know you. And a mix of caps and numbers is very good. But make sure you pick something that is easy for you to remember!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement