Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midleton 26 Year Old Query

Options
  • 12-11-2008 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

I was lucky to be able to source one of these in the States recently. I received it in the post today but apart from a few miniscule dents on the box, I'm happy with the condition. However, I have one query. On the brass plate on the lid of the box, it states "Limited Edition no 965". However, on the bottle label it states "Bottle Number 966/1000". Would this be normal or should I seek a refund? By the way, I'm a collector not a consumer of these bottles.

Thanks in advance.

JM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Could the serial numbers have started at zero?

You could try contacting Midleton about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

No, the serial number on the box should be the same as on the bottle. The seller probably had a few bottles and put the wrong one in the wrong box.

Check the wax seal to see that "Years 26 Old" is embossed on the top, just in case it was a bottle that was consumed and then refilled...

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Agree - the serial number on the bottle should match the box . Brockagh hit the nail on the head I'd say with the seller having more than one of these for sale and probably mixed them up . Get in contact with him and see if he can sort for you.

Sounds like a nice bottle of whiskey all the same .

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

The "26 Year Old" wax seal is still there so it is obviously just an error on the sellers part, but I do know that this was the only one he had. What would be the "market value" of an inconsistent bottle/box match? I'm thinking of selling it on as just looking at the different numbers will do my head in.

Thanks
    JM

I haven't a clue really, but it tastes the same no matter what the number on the bottle is, so if you could sell it to someone who was going to drink it, that would be ideal. Maybe a hotel or some place like that.

I'd buy it, but I don't know what kind of price you're looking for.

• Advertisement

Brockagh wrote: »
    I'd buy it, but I don't know what kind of price you're looking for.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

dare sellin em in dunnes dis x-mas for €150.00 a bottle with the timber box

tippguy wrote: »
    dare sellin em in dunnes dis x-mas for €150.00 a bottle with the timber box

I think you might be mixing up your Midletons my friend but thanks for the reply.

Did you get my pm, by the way?

Happy Christmas to everyone

Brockagh wrote: »
    Did you get my pm, by the way?

Happy Christmas to everyone

Brockagh

I did and one sent to you.

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement