Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windscreen insurance about claiming?

• 12-11-2008 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

A lorry in front of me today kicked up a stone and cracked my windscreen i have windscreen insurance with quinn direct. If i claim does it effect my no claims and do you have to pay the excess on it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you have windscreen cover it doesn't affect your NCB (and doesn't go down as a claim on your policy). You don't have to pay an excess. They will come out to your work / home during the day and replace the windscreen for you.

Ring them up (number in your policy booklet or off their website) and they'll arrange it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Random wrote: »
    You don't have to pay an excess.
    t depends on your windscreen. In general the insurance company only insures you for a certain amount (think about €350) and if it costs anymore you pay the rest. Obviously most don't cost anymore than that, but some new ones with rain sensors, heating elements etc might be.

fletch wrote: »
    t depends on your windscreen. In general the insurance company only insures you for a certain amount (think about €350) and if it costs anymore you pay the rest. Obviously most don't cost anymore than that, but some new ones with rain sensors, heating elements etc might be.
    Ring 1890 5 12345 (have your policy number to hand) and they will go through everything with you. The chances of you having to pay anything are slim but they will go through it on the phone. It won't be an excess he'll be paying either, it will just be the amount over what QDI windscreen cover covers. He's referred specifically to "windscreen insurance" in the subject which I'm assuming is referring to his windscreen cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Random wrote: »
    Ring 1890 5 12345 (have your policy number to hand) and they will go through everything with you. The chances of you having to pay anything are slim but they will go through it on the phone. It won't be an excess he'll be paying either, it will just be the amount over what QDI windscreen cover covers. He's referred specifically to "windscreen insurance" in the subject which I'm assuming is referring to his windscreen cover.

Thats it i think when i took out my insurance i paid about 50euro extra for the windscreen cover. Will ring them now tomorrow and hopefully sort it out. Cheers for the help.

No worries. I had my windscreen replaced and they were pretty good. Expect to be a bit rushed on the phone though .. all the insurance companys outsource their windscreen cover to a couple of companys and then they assign different garages etc depending on where you're based. I think I got 2 call backs but no complaints.

Also don't plan to drive your car for a couple hours after getting the windscreen changed .. need to let it set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

I had my windscreen smashed in France in August got it fixed over there and Insurance company refunded me the cost over €600. Done in a couple of hours its the second time I have a windscreen replaced only thing they both said was not to wash the car for 24hrs I drove the car immediately afterwards both times no issues.

Advertisement