Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Want to move a domain to different hosting provider

• 12-11-2008 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

The Domain points to this companies nameservers but I think it was originally registered with network solutions.

What is the procedure for doing this - do I need to contact the current hosting provider as I would prefer not to?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

You should be able to do it using the new provider only. Start the domain transfer and it should send an email request to your email address which is stored in Whois with this domain name. When you confirm the transfer, you have to wait a few days until it's complete. You don't really contact your current provider at all, the only important thing is that Whois has your email as the domain's owner, not your provider's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

If it's a com/net/org/info/biz/mobi you will need three things:
    1. Unlock the domain
    2. Get the EPP code / key
    3. Make sure the email address associated with the domain is current and accessible

Advertisement