Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

best place to advertise a vw golf and how much to sell it for

Options
  • 12-11-2008 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

i have a red 03 vw golf red tdi, gti interior,wheels,bodykit and fog lights there is 99000mls on the clock and its nct'd till 02/2009.its also just been serviced.i was wondering where would be the best place to advertise it and how much to look for it. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

www.adverts.ie

www.vagdrivers.net

www.carzone.ie

www.buyandsell.ie

How much you looking for it if you not mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 bigred1986

was hoping to get 13500 maybe a little less

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

bigred1986 wrote: »
    www.vagdrivers.net would be a good place to put it up def put it up as its free too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭alias no.9

No offence but the most expensive similar car advertised on carzone as a private sale is €12,500 and has less than half the mileage. Private sellers on carzone are more often than not dreamers when it comes to price. This one is from a dealer, lower mileage than yours and you'd probably buy it for less than €10k cash.
    What makes your car special enough to sell for top dollar in a depressed market? If you can't answer this question convincingly, then it won't matter where the kind people here suggest you advertise, you haven't a hope of making that kind of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭sk8board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

As others said, you're hoping for thousands too much with your asking price. Sorry!

That said:
    its nct'd till 02/2009

There's an opportunity for ya. You can NCT a car 3 months early (so about now). Selling a car now with an NCT till 02/2011 would be a strong selling point compared to similar cars with a much shorter NCT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭handbraker

2 more sites for u
    www.CarsIreland.ie (free)
    www.Carbuyersguide.ie

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,099 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I have the same car, no fog lights or body kit, and I wouldn't get anything over €10k for mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Id say price it at 11k, if u get 9500 or even 9k take it. You can import and vrt a new shape 2005 gt tdi from the uk for 12k with less mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Brabus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

unkel wrote: »

There's an opportunity for ya. You can NCT a car 3 months early (so about now). Selling a car now with an NCT till 02/2011 would be a strong selling point compared to similar cars with a much shorter NCT

Its says on their online booking 5 weeks is 3 months right?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

Its says on their online booking 5 weeks is 3 months right?

from NCTS FAQ
    PLEASE NOTE: NCTS can issue your certificate up to six months early for a first time NCT and three months early for subsequent NCT tests. In other words, if your car was first registered in July and it is due for its first NCT, you can have it tested up to 6 months early in January and your certificate will still expire on the anniversary of registration 2 years later. Your certificate is then valid for 2 years and 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

rliston wrote: »
    from NCTS FAQ

Fair play to ye ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 bigred1986

i was thinking 13500 was abit high and thats y i came here i knew the people on boards.ie would set me straight, i want a fairly quick sale as i moving into new house but dont want to loose to much on it, say i got it nct'd till 2011 would u say people be interested in it for about 11500 maybe, ill give it a good clean on sat take few pics to put online ill even throw some up here and u can let me no what u think, keep up the good work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

i was thinking 13500 was abit high and thats y i came here i knew the people on boards.ie would set me straight, i want a fairly quick sale as i moving into new house but dont want to loose to much on it, say i got it nct'd till 2011 would u say people be interested in it for about 11500 maybe, ill give it a good clean on sat take few pics to put online ill even throw some up here and u can let me no what u think, keep up the good work

Ha ha - its either one or the other - price it cheap and sell it quick or be prepared to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I'd urge you to sell your car for less again, advertise it for €8k-€9k. Especially if you want a quick sale, there are a million and one cars like yours on Carzone and if you want rid of it quickly, you need to undercut the competition. A poster on another board undercut the prices of Audi A4s on Carzone by 25% of what they were looking for and it was gone in 2 weeks. The other cars on there are still for sale, months later.

With the likes of Golfs, A4s, Astras and 3-series, you really have to price your car to sell if you want to get rid of it in less than a month, as there are literally thousands of other cars out there like yours, not to mention cheaper ones in the UK.

We are in bad times and people have to accept it, i would not like to be trying to sell a car now...

Advertisement