Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

turning right at junctions

Options
  • 12-11-2008 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

hey everyone quick question for you'se.the situation is - i'm turning right from a main road to a minor road and there is a dedicated right turn box to put your vehicle in to turn right. however there is already a car in this box and im the 2nd car in the que.

must i wait behind the continuous white line at the traffic lights or can i pull up behind the car thats already in the box?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

I assume when you say a box for turning right you mean one of the painted white boxes with the arrow in them as opposed to a yellow box junction.

In any case you should wait behind the stop line if there is a car already in the junction waiting to turn. Once the car ahead clears the junction, and assuming the lights are still green, then you should move out and take position with the front of your car in line with the center of the road you are turning into. Even if the lights turn red you still complete your turn at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 WOGGET

thats exactly what i was looking for. cheers driveskill!!

Advertisement