Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gun cleaning products

Options
  • 12-11-2008 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

what full bore cleaning products is every one using also where can i get sweets 7.62 or butcher bore shine ,im using the KG stuff at min not overly impressed .its hard to get patches any stocking them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

This is turning into my pet hate subject :D

I have used loads of stuff, Hoppes, MPRO 7, Forest Bore Foam, misc oils, brass brushes, nylon ones, pointed jags etc etc

I have never been satisifed with any I've used :rolleyes: Always keep thinking "my barrels are still dirty" :eek:

I've come to the conclusion that we are over paranoid about our cleaning :o

Ya clean barrels but don't let it come between you and your enjoyment of the actual shooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rob308

Mpro 7 solvent and gun cleaner. i used to use sweets but changed.i find the mpro a lot better and slightly less time consuming. i get my patches from cabelas in bags of 500. its hard to get patches,jags,brushes over here when you need them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Picked up some Remmington Bore Gel to try out, anyone used it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

"I've come to the conclusion that we are over paranoid about our cleaning

Ya clean barrels but don't let it come between you and your enjoyment of the actual shooting"

I agree , rifles are for shooting not cleaning, so enjoy them. Yes clean your barrel but there's no need to go crazy on it. There is a lady in the UK who is a very well respected deer stalker and deer manager first name Jan , sorry can't think of her last name, but she reckons she hasn't cleaned the barrel of her 6.5x55 with a solvent yet with 2000 rounds through it.!!

I do use Hoppes bore gel but not after each session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

"I've come to the conclusion that we are over paranoid about our cleaning

Ya clean barrels but don't let it come between you and your enjoyment of the actual shooting"

I agree , rifles are for shooting not cleaning, so enjoy them. Yes clean your barrel but there's no need to go crazy on it. There is a lady in the UK who is a very well respected deer stalker and deer manager first name Jan , sorry can't think of her last name, but she reckons she hasn't cleaned the barrel of her 6.5x55 with a solvent yet with 2000 rounds through it.!!
    jan andrews she has a wed site. RDMS . witch is roebuck deer management services.she would have some good sika in her neck of the woods .

• Advertisement

jwshooter wrote: »
    jan andrews she has a wed site. RDMS . witch is roebuck deer management services.she would have some good sika in her neck of the woods .

She was on that "River Cottage" programme on Channel 4?

She was on that "River Cottage" programme on Channel 4?
    you would be never seen stalking behind her thats for sure , a few of her hounds are about here ,lovely dogs

you would be never seen stalking behind her thats for sure...............

:confused: maybe I'm tired but you'll have to explain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

JW hope that auld Jag of yours would be up to the job and plenty of patches!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I uses sweets 7.62 , I find it very effective but I cannot get it here and Im running out of the stuff.
    Patches jags etc I get from sinclair intl.

• Advertisement

:confused: maybe I'm tired but you'll have to explain

she be a big girl, they call her man andrews

she be a big girl, they call her man andrews

:D cheers

Advertisement