Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick to Galway Dual Carraigeway

• 12-11-2008 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭

A €92m contract is to see construction work beginning this week on a road project that will result in a continous dual carraigeway linking Limerick, Clare and Galway.

Galway county council have confirmed that it has been signed the design build contract with Willis Bros Ltd & Siac Will JV Ltd.

The Major contract provides for the construction of high quality dual carraigeway extending from ballingers corner, North of Gort, to cragard, barefield co clare where it will join the N18 Ennis Bypass linking Limerick.

The scheme consists of 22km of dual carraigeway, 10km of realinged local roads and 12 km of accomadating access tracks.

Contstruction work which is scheduled for completition in 2011, also involves the construction of 14 new bridges and two grade separated junctions.

There was a whole load of blah blah blah between council members but I firmly believe they will find a way to toll this road somehow. It will pass over a stream and they will claim the bridge was sooooo expensive they must toll us for it.

I suggest that on completion of this road and the mountrath bypass that you would be able to drive from Dublin to Galway through Limerick on a permanent dual carraigeway so the whole thing should be reclassified as a motorway on completion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

What's wrong with the existing thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054991628
    I suggest that on completion of this road and the mountrath bypass that you would be able to drive from Dublin to Galway through Limerick on a permanent dual carraigeway so the whole thing should be reclassified as a motorway on completion.

Why on earth would you want to drive from Dublin to Galway through Limerick!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

ardmacha wrote: »
    What's wrong with the existing thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054991628

Why on earth would you want to drive from Dublin to Galway through Limerick!!!

:eek:
    I did a search and in my defence the title of that thread was not very clear.

It seems the Limerick independent are having a slow news week, regurgatating other peoples news, other than the obvious news about the young man.

Mod are welcome to lock this baby up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

As opposed to the motorway from closer to Dublin to Galway which will be completed by then?

MYOB wrote: »
    As opposed to the motorway from closer to Dublin to Galway which will be completed by then?

I was suggesting that you could drive continuosly between Dublin and Galway through Limerick which will be one of the(if not the) longest Motorway in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Except it will be two motorways, then M7 and the M18.

And why would you want to, when you could just take the M4/M6, which will be far faster? :confused:

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote: »
    Except it will be two motorways, then M7 and the M18.

And why would you want to, when you could just take the M4/M6, which will be far faster? :confused:

I never said it would be more beneficial. I said the roads, because it will be one very long and continuos dual carraigeway, should be converted into a motorway.

296km of dual carraigeway would be created. Surely that should qualify to be upgraded to motorway status.

I was merely making a point by using the final destination of the motorway as an example to the length of the finished article. You can drive to Galway through Letterkenny for all I care.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

i left a link to a map hear yesterday it should be post No.4
    :confused:what happened there?

i left a link to a map hear yesterday it should be post No.4
    :confused:what happened there?

Thats funny. My link to the NRA is gone as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Thats funny. My link to the NRA is gone as well.

It's an NRA conspiracy!!!:eek:

lol:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement