Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dboys SPR rear sight

Options
  • 12-11-2008 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

I bought a Dboys SPR (second hand). Everything is perfect except the rear sight wont stay down(they're supposed to be foldable). I've taken it off as I'm getting a scope anyway but I'd like to be able to keep it on. Right under where i think its supposed to clip back there was a little spring not connected to anything. Has anyone here experienced a problem like this before???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

you have yo pull back the spring and close the sight down, then the spring locks onto the sight to hold it down.,

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

vtec wrote: »
    you have yo pull back the spring and close the sight down, then the spring locks onto the sight to hold it down.,

where does it attatch to the site when its down???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

There's a groove milled into one side of the sight. The armature is on a spring, pull it back and push the sight into the down position, then released the armature. If it doesn't enter the groove by itself, give it a push and it'll click into place.

NakedDex wrote: »
    There's a groove milled into one side of the sight. The armature is on a spring, pull it back and push the sight into the down position, then released the armature. If it doesn't enter the groove by itself, give it a push and it'll click into place.

where does the little spring go??? it wasnt actually attatched, jus sort of wedged in on the bottom where it couldnt be seen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The spring is part of the armature assembly, it rotates backwards under pressure or forwards under the power of the spring.

You might have to put up a picture of it, I'm not fully sure what you mean by wedged. Is it damaged?

• Advertisement

NakedDex wrote: »
    The spring is part of the armature assembly, it rotates backwards under pressure or forwards under the power of the spring.

You might have to put up a picture of it, I'm not fully sure what you mean by wedged. Is it damaged?

the big spring that holds the site up is fine, keeping it down is the problem, ill try get a picture up

Hope it worked

Advertisement